PDA

View Full Version : Chandler is hideous

TVaddict
03-02-2002, 07:54 AM
Ok, normally I'm not one to get this kind of negative topic started, but all other things about the show aside, how horrible did Chandler look on that episode the other night? Obviously he's been continually gaining weight, and this added long hair thing has made him difficult to look at. I mean, how much worse can it possibly get? Normally people spend all their time discussing how the women look, so this is a nice change of pace, because guys on TV have been getting away unscathed for far too long. So who agrees that Chandler just keeps getting worse and worse every week?

doorcountygirl
03-02-2002, 10:27 AM
Well certainly not me. I especially loved him in the episode with Monica's secret closet. Okay...I've seen him look better in previous eps than in the one that aired this week, but you ought to check out some more recent pics of him...like from the Grammies or something. I'd say he's still hot as ever. :D

TJL
03-02-2002, 11:27 AM
I think he's changed his look more times than Jennifer Aniston.

Apparently, he's gaining all of the weight Courtney Cox has lost. She's a skeleton!

Pitooey
03-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Okay TVaddict! I've been thinking the same thing too.

The long hair thing (I hate it!) The weight gain thing..... Hmmmm.... I wonder what's going on with him? I know he was addicted to Vicodin but, he's on National TV for crying out loud AND he's making the BIG BUCKS........... Something (I wish) I could do..... Let's hope he changes his appearance soon! :mad:

°Bubbly Blonde°
03-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by doorcountygirl
Well certainly not me. I especially loved him in the episode with Monica's secret closet. Okay...I've seen him look better in previous eps than in the one that aired this week, but you ought to check out some more recent pics of him...like from the Grammies or something. I'd say he's still hot as ever. :D
I totally agree!

Céline
03-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Apparently, he's gaining all of the weight Courtney Cox has lost. She's a skeleton!

Thanks TJL!I thought I was the only who notice that!!!What's going on with Courtney:confused:

TVaddict
03-02-2002, 04:42 PM
See, it's the long hair thing that's really been getting to me. Like when he proposed to Monica his hair was long and it looked awful, but then he cut it and it was MUCH better. But in the latest episode, I was so distracted by his hideously long hair that I could hardly concentrate on what he was saying. Now I understand he may not be able to lose a bunch of weight in a short period of time, but would someone PLEASE tell the guy to cut his hair? I don't understand how all of these people who are paid to make actors look good can let him go on national TV like that. I can't believe I used to think he was cute. Bleecchhhh!

Pitooey
03-02-2002, 07:57 PM
I got distracted too. When he was in the coffee house, He was sitting on the sofa........ and all I kept on looking at was his long bang moving side to side. :lol: :crazy: :happyface :happyface :lol: :crazy:
He use to be a cutie..........

As for skeleton Courtney........ She has to have anorexia. She's competing with Calista Flockhart. YUCK to those 2 too! (Although I like Courtney's acting). :D

Superbatboy
03-03-2002, 05:32 PM
I don't know if the Vicodin has anything to do with it. But he is considerably LESS funny than he was when he was thin. He doesn't have that sardonic energy anymore. Joey, Rachel, and Phoebe are the only ones watchable on the show now. Especially Phoebe. She's maintained her funny/weirdness. Rachel I like because Jennifer Aniston seems so humble and sweet. Matt LeBlanc seems pretty cool too.

~LadyJess~
03-15-2002, 06:33 PM
I normally like the way Matthew Perry looks, in most episodes I think he's looking very hott and sexy but recently he hasn't looked so good. The weight he has gained doesn't look good on him at all. :(

nbc
03-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Matthew Perry looked a lot better at the Grammy's, he has lost weight, I assume it will start to show in the episodes in late March or early April. In any case why does it matter how good looking they are or what their body looks like. For instance Jennifer Aniston looked just as sexy before she went on the zone diet or whatever it is, I think producers and network executives are the lowest form of life there is putting pressure on people to lose weight and conform to their standards beauty

Will and Grace Fanatic
06-19-2002, 02:16 AM
Jeez I thought I was the only one noticing the wait gain. I was just watching a Friends episode not that long ago on TBS and saw how skinny he was then I watched a rerun of the 8th season on NBC and he gained alot of weight it is so odd though it looks like he is the only cast member to gain alot of weight.

But as for being hideous I don't think so. Not because of the weight. To me he is not a gorgeous guy I think I would say he is an average looking guy but not hideous come on if you want a hideous looking guy just change the channel to Fox and watch The Bernie Mac show, Now that is a hideous guy.

Finnigan
07-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Now or then doesn't matter with Chandler, he's still the best looking guy on the show....and he's kinda like John Travolta, looks good bigger or skinny.....

Gerano
07-08-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Finnigan
Now or then doesn't matter with Chandler, he's still the best looking guy on the show....and he's kinda like John Travolta, looks good bigger or skinny.....

That are true words, I think so, too!

KimFieldsFan637
07-08-2002, 06:41 PM
OKay 1st of all Matthew Perry has gained weight because of the fact that he has been in REHAB because he was addicited to vikatan. Courtney Cox will ALWAYS be beautiful....I don't understand why you people come to this board and veribally bash the amazing cast of F.R.I.E.N.D.S......

Central Perk
07-10-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SFPDJinnyExstead
OKay 1st of all Matthew Perry has gained weight because of the fact that he has been in REHAB because he was addicited to vikatan. Courtney Cox will ALWAYS be beautiful....I don't understand why you people come to this board and veribally bash the amazing cast of F.R.I.E.N.D.S......

Its not bashing its stating our opinions...I read this at imdb (2002) "Friends" (1994) castmate Jennifer Aniston offers to be his personal trainer after he received threats from bosses Warner Brothers about his increasing weight problems...he cut his hair I believe and is losing the weight...and Courteney is really thin...I dunno about her being Annorexic though.

KimFieldsFan637
07-10-2002, 02:26 PM
I realize you guys are stating your opinions but why come to the board if you dont like the way the FRIENDS cast acts or looks. This board should be for people who love the way the are and find their jokes funny and all that kind of stuff....

Central Perk
07-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SFPDJinnyExstead
I realize you guys are stating your opinions but why come to the board if you dont like the way the FRIENDS cast acts or looks. This board should be for people who love the way the are and find their jokes funny and all that kind of stuff....

This is the Friends Board...Here You Can Talk About Anything That Has To Do With The Show Good Or Bad...People Who Come Here Do Love The Jokes And Stuff Like That But This Topic Came Up..I'm not saying Chandler or anyone here is ugly its just that they have looked better before...Thats what this topic and the Friends Board Is About.

KimFieldsFan637
07-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Frasier Crane

This is the Friends Board...Here You Can Talk About Anything That Has To Do With The Show Good Or Bad...People Who Come Here Do Love The Jokes And Stuff Like That But This Topic Came Up..I'm not saying Chandler or anyone here is ugly its just that they have looked better before...Thats what this topic and the Friends Board Is About.

And like i said before I know you're allowed to post on this your opinions. I am new to the FRIENDS board but I have posting for almost a year on the Facts of Life board and I have not read half as many bad comments about them as I do here. I have been to this board twice and read two negative posts about the FRIENDS cast. They were the first two posts that I have read. This one and the one entitled 'FRIENDS' is boring. So all I am doing is pointing out the obvious to new posters who come to this board

Tiger32
07-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by TVaddict
Ok, normally I'm not one to get this kind of negative topic started, but all other things about the show aside, how horrible did Chandler look on that episode the other night? Obviously he's been continually gaining weight, and this added long hair thing has made him difficult to look at. I mean, how much worse can it possibly get? Normally people spend all their time discussing how the women look, so this is a nice change of pace, because guys on TV have been getting away unscathed for far too long. So who agrees that Chandler just keeps getting worse and worse every week?

Well I wouldn't describe his look as being hideous, but he certainly does not look the same as he did in 1994. But age tends to that to some people, while some age gracefully, others don't. The latter appears to be the case with Mathew Perry. One can also factor in his drug addiction, and weight gain, and can see that it appears to have taken its toll on his body.

He is rich enough to hire a personal trainer and a nutritionist to help deal with the weight gain issue, but it is up to him to fight the harmful effects of drug addiction, cigarettes, etc.