PDA

View Full Version : WHATEVER HAPPENED TO: Dianne Kay

catlover79
04-02-2011, 04:10 PM
http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-ever-happened-to-dianne-kay.html

Tuesday, February 03, 2009
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO: DIANNE KAY

Recently at This Distracted Globe, I read a review of the Steven Spielberg film 1941. In one of the screencaps from the film, he had a photo of the back of one of the stars. Even though I haven't seen the film in a few years, or the actress, I immediately remembered her and wondered what happened to her. I also wondered what her name was.

It was Dianne Kay.

Kay was a very recognizable, and stunningly beautiful, actress in the early 80’s.

Born in 1952 in Phoenix Arizona, Dianne began acting on a 1977 episode of STARSKY AND HUTCH. This led to more TV work

In 1977 she got her most memorable role, Nancy Bradford in EIGHT IS ENOUGH.

She wasn’t the first choice for the role. The character of Nancy was a 17 year old. The original actress who appeared in the pilot was 21. She was thought to be too old. But the producers saw Dianne and, even though she was 24, they gave her the role.

Dianne’s first film role in 1979 was 1941. She was one of the female leads, opposite Treat Williams. It would be her biggest feature film role. Although the film was not all that successful.

EIGHT IS ENOUGH aired through 1981. After it went off the air, the rest of her career was made up of guest starring roles in countless TV series and TV Movies.

Here is a terrific Youtube tribute video that someone made of her.

There was 1982’s PORTRAIT OF A SHOWGIRL with Tony Curtis, episodes of TRAPPER JOHN, M.D., SIMON AND SIMON, FANTASY ISLAND, THE LOVE BOAT and that great career killer MURDER, SHE WROTE.

She starred in one theatrical film in 1988, the Roger Corman produced family film ANDY COLBY’S INCREDIBLE ADVENTURE.

There were a couple EIGHT IS ENOUGH reunion films, one in 1987 (which turned out to be the second highest rated TV movie of the year) and another in 1989 (which wasn’t as popular). Other than that, there was an episode of HANGING WITH MR. COOPER in 1994 and, her final role, a 1999 episode of DIAGNOSIS MURDER.

So, What Ever Happened To Her?

The best that I could find is that Dianne is now a mom. Some sources claim that she appeared on a talk show and mentioned that she is now an interior decorator.

Either way, she is out of the business.

McGillicuddy
04-03-2011, 10:49 AM
When the cast was on The Today Show, this past year, Dianne was not in NY, but appeared via satelite. She apparently left show business, and was talking about raising her family, from what I remember.

Retro4Life
04-03-2011, 11:58 AM
She was the most glamorous EIE girl, as I recall. She also had a goofy charm about her, seemed like a nice lady at least from the small bit I saw of her in interviews at the time.

I wish her well.

catlover79
04-03-2011, 02:41 PM
When the cast was on The Today Show, this past year, Dianne was not in NY, but appeared via satelite. She apparently left show business, and was talking about raising her family, from what I remember.

Yup, that was a great interview. She was appearing via satellite from LA, as I recall.

catlover79
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM

snoopsister
05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
I just heard that Dianne is going to create a tv show based on her life as a former actress and now a middle age wife and mom. She is also the sweetest lady in the world!

catlover79
05-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Sounds interesting!

snoopsister
05-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes! If you have a facebook, please go and join the dianne kay group! How long have you been a fan of EIE and dianne?