PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing case: Gina L. Clark, abducted in Missouri, December 1991

CuriousMind90
03-01-2011, 08:43 PM
For some reason, this case intrigues me. Anyone know anything further about it? Want to discuss it?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clark_gina.html

This girl was abducted in Kansas City, MO, in December 1991. She was age 21. Now, she had witnessed her boyfriend being a few months earlier and no one was in custody at the time for his murder--so that is probably the connection to her own disappearance.

However, I find her case particularly interesting given the time and place it happened in. You have these women being abducted in Missouri in a one year span from 1991-1992 (all unsolved):

Cheryl Anne Kenny- 30 Y/O female Abducted February 27th 1991; Nevada Missouri; abducted from a public place--Convenience store at night

Angela Hammond- 20 Y/O female abducted April 4th 1991; Clinton Missouri; abducted from a public place--Phone booth near supermarket at night

Gina Clark - 21 year old female, abducted December 1st 1991; Kansas City, MO, abducted from her home at night

Sherill Levitt, age 47, abducted June 7th, 1992, from her home in Springfield, MO at night.

Stacy McCall, age 18, abducted June 7th 1992, from Levitt's home the same night

Suzanne Streeter, age 19, abducted from June 7th 1992, from Levitt's home the same night.

This case might also be interesting as well given the age of the victim, and the fact that it's an unsolved disappearance from Sikeston, MO in 1991:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dalton_pamela.html

WishfulDreamer
03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
The Clark case is beyond creepy. The incident with her former boyfriend could be related, especially considering it is believed that she was abducted from the house (just her-as if she was the specific target).

The Levitt, Streeter, and McCall case has bothered me since I first heard about it. That would have made a perfect UM segment! Just like the Keddie Cabin case, another ideal choice. But the disappearance is even creepier since there is just no evidence whatsoever. Yikes.

CuriousMind90
03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
The Clark case is beyond creepy. The incident with her former boyfriend could be related, especially considering it is believed that she was abducted from the house (just her-as if she was the specific target).

The Levitt, Streeter, and McCall case has bothered me since I first heard about it. That would have made a perfect UM segment! Just like the Keddie Cabin case, another ideal choice. But the disappearance is even creepier since there is just no evidence whatsoever. Yikes.

It makes me wonder, though, if Clark's case, and the case of Levitt, Streeter and Mccall are related. Similar MO in that both were taken from their homes silently while no one noticed or heard anything.

In Clark's case, the murdered boyfriend connection might just be a coincidence. Perhaps the same person who managed to silently abduct the three Springfield women was the same individual or individuals who took Clarke.

Also, I believe some of these 1991-1992 Missouri cases may be related. Angela Hammond's brother came on here once and said his personal belief was that Angela's abductor was a member of a bad crowd who lived a county or so over that were into hard drugs. Not that Angie was, but that her abductor might've been. Clark's abductor and the person who killed her boyfriend could've been in the same crowd.

I just find it suspicious that all of these abductions, similar in nature, of women all within the same age range, could've happened all within about a year and been all the work of separate people or even different serial killers operating at the same time.

I also know there were dangerous, thuggish biker gangs in Missouri in 1991. I remember reading a famous rockstar got into fight in St. Louis in July 1991 with a biker who was beating on fans in the crowd.

kane7474
03-02-2011, 03:16 AM
For some reason, this case intrigues me. Anyone know anything further about it? Want to discuss it?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clark_gina.html

This girl was abducted in Kansas City, MO, in December 1991. She was age 21. Now, she had witnessed her boyfriend being a few months earlier and no one was in custody at the time for his murder--so that is probably the connection to her own disappearance.

However, I find her case particularly interesting given the time and place it happened in. You have these women being abducted in Missouri in a one year span from 1991-1992 (all unsolved):

Cheryl Anne Kenny- 30 Y/O female Abducted February 27th 1991; Nevada Missouri; abducted from a public place--Convenience store at night

Angela Hammond- 20 Y/O female abducted April 4th 1991; Clinton Missouri; abducted from a public place--Phone booth near supermarket at night

Gina Clark - 21 year old female, abducted December 1st 1991; Kansas City, MO, abducted from her home at night

Sherill Levitt, age 47, abducted June 7th, 1992, from her home in Springfield, MO at night.

Stacy McCall, age 18, abducted June 7th 1992, from Levitt's home the same night

Suzanne Streeter, age 19, abducted from June 7th 1992, from Levitt's home the same night.

This case might also be interesting as well given the age of the victim, and the fact that it's an unsolved disappearance from Sikeston, MO in 1991:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dalton_pamela.html
Ok so I dont get how she witnesses her boyfriends murder yet no one is in custody. So the police have an eyewitness to murder and dont make an arrest. Then the witness goes missing. Sounds like another clear cut case of Police dropping the ball. Though I do beileve most of these other cases could be the work of a serial killer I tend to think Gina was killed by whoever wanted to shut her up.

CuriousMind90
03-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Ok so I dont get how she witnesses her boyfriends murder yet no one is in custody. So the police have an eyewitness to murder and dont make an arrest. Then the witness goes missing. Sounds like another clear cut case of Police dropping the ball. Though I do beileve most of these other cases could be the work of a serial killer I tend to think Gina was killed by whoever wanted to shut her up.

Not only that, but her boyfriend was killed in October, and she wasn't abducted until December. That's nearly 2 months and no arrest, much less the girl not being placed under some sort of protection or guard?

Not only that, but why would her abductor allow her to make a collect call, only to hang it up? And how was she abducted out of her home?

kane7474
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Not only that, but her boyfriend was killed in October, and she wasn't abducted until December. That's nearly 2 months and no arrest, much less the girl not being placed under some sort of protection or guard?

Not only that, but why would her abductor allow her to make a collect call, only to hang it up? And how was she abducted out of her home?

Sounds like someone who she knew got her. Im wondering if police ever made an arrest in the boyfriends murder.

CuriousMind90
03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Sounds like someone who she knew got her. Im wondering if police ever made an arrest in the boyfriends murder.

Or gang related. They'd know how to get someone silently even if they didnt know her personally.
I'd love to know more about the circumstances of her boyfriend's murder and what kind of crowd she and him were around

WishfulDreamer
03-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I think she witnessed the crime being committed by someone she didn't know. That would make sense as to why there hadn't been an arrest yet. Maybe this person or any possible accomplices/ friends decided to silence her so she would no longer be a key witness. I really wish this had been mentioned more in detail. I'm curious to know the particulars of the incident. How on Earth was she abducted from the home without her mother knowing? Or perhaps did she go out without saying anything and get abducted afterward. The phone call is just strange. I wonder what she said in the call before it was disconnected.

CuriousMind90
03-05-2011, 02:51 AM
I think she witnessed the crime being committed by someone she didn't know. That would make sense as to why there hadn't been an arrest yet. Maybe this person or any possible accomplices/ friends decided to silence her so she would no longer be a key witness. I really wish this had been mentioned more in detail. I'm curious to know the particulars of the incident. How on Earth was she abducted from the home without her mother knowing? Or perhaps did she go out without saying anything and get abducted afterward. The phone call is just strange. I wonder what she said in the call before it was disconnected.

One of us should try to get more details, perhaps.

CuriousMind90
03-05-2011, 03:34 AM
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=5213

Note this case, which happened on the very night Angela Hammond was abducted (April 4th, 1991):

Robin Ann Kerry

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 4, 1991 from St. Louis, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 27, 1972
Height and Weight: 5'0, 98 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, green eyes. Robin's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Robin was last seen on the Chain of Rocks Bridge in St. Louis, Missouri at 11:25 p.m. on April 5, 1991. The bridge spans the Mississippi River at the Missouri/Indiana state line. Robin and her 20-year-old sister, Julie Ann Kerry, had taken a visiting 19-year-old cousin from Maryland, Tom Cummins, to the bridge to show him a graffiti poem they had painted there several years earlier. A photograph of Julie is posted below this case summary.
Several hours later, Tom contacted police and told them four men had attacked him and his cousins, robbed Tom, raped the women and pushed them off the bridge into the river. Tom then jumped off the bridge after being ordered to do so by the attackers. He saw Julie in the water, still alive, but they became separated and he never saw her or Robin again. Tom was able to swim to shore and get help. Julie's body was recovered in Caruthersville, Missouri several weeks later, but Robin's remains were never located.

Authorities initially suspected Tom had been responsible for the Kerry sisters' deaths and that he made up the story about the other men to cover up his own crime. He failed a polygraph shortly after making his initial report. Investigators theorized that Julie had accidentally fallen off the bridge while resisting Tom's sexual advances, and Robin jumped in to save her, and both of them drowned. Tom was charged with murdering his cousins, but he was quickly released for lack of evidence of guilt, and the investigation turned in another direction. Tom later won a settlement against the St. Louis police department for wrongful interrogation techniques.

Marlin Gray, Daniel Winfrey, Reginald Clemons, and Clemons's cousin, Antonio D. Richardson, were subsequently convicted of raping and murdering Robin and Julie and robbing Tom. His belongings were found in their possession after their arrests. All four defendants confessed to the crime, and their stories were consistent with Tom's version of events, but three of them later recanted. Winfrey, who was 15 years old at the time of the murders and the only attacker who did not participate in the rapes, took a plea bargain and was sentenced to 30 years in prison for his testimony against the others. He is still incarcerated. The other three men were sentenced to death. Gray was executed in October 2005 and Clemons is still on death row, but Richardson's sentence was commuted to life in prison in 2005.

Both Robin and Julie were students at the University of Missouri at St. Louis in 1991; Julie was an English major. Foul play is suspected in Robin's case due to the circumstances involved. Tom's sister, Jeanine, wrote a book about her cousins' murders called A Rip in Heaven.

Note that this girl, Robin, was 19 years old, 5'0'', and weighed 98lbs with brown hair. Angela Hammond was 20 years old, 5'0'', 120lbs, and had brown hair. Note also this girl and her sister were attacked at about 11:25pm. Angela was abducted around 11:45pm. On the same night in Missouri.

kane7474
03-07-2011, 11:35 AM
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=5213

Note this case, which happened on the very night Angela Hammond was abducted (April 4th, 1991):

Robin Ann Kerry

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 4, 1991 from St. Louis, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 27, 1972
Height and Weight: 5'0, 98 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, green eyes. Robin's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Robin was last seen on the Chain of Rocks Bridge in St. Louis, Missouri at 11:25 p.m. on April 5, 1991. The bridge spans the Mississippi River at the Missouri/Indiana state line. Robin and her 20-year-old sister, Julie Ann Kerry, had taken a visiting 19-year-old cousin from Maryland, Tom Cummins, to the bridge to show him a graffiti poem they had painted there several years earlier. A photograph of Julie is posted below this case summary.
Several hours later, Tom contacted police and told them four men had attacked him and his cousins, robbed Tom, raped the women and pushed them off the bridge into the river. Tom then jumped off the bridge after being ordered to do so by the attackers. He saw Julie in the water, still alive, but they became separated and he never saw her or Robin again. Tom was able to swim to shore and get help. Julie's body was recovered in Caruthersville, Missouri several weeks later, but Robin's remains were never located.

Authorities initially suspected Tom had been responsible for the Kerry sisters' deaths and that he made up the story about the other men to cover up his own crime. He failed a polygraph shortly after making his initial report. Investigators theorized that Julie had accidentally fallen off the bridge while resisting Tom's sexual advances, and Robin jumped in to save her, and both of them drowned. Tom was charged with murdering his cousins, but he was quickly released for lack of evidence of guilt, and the investigation turned in another direction. Tom later won a settlement against the St. Louis police department for wrongful interrogation techniques.

Marlin Gray, Daniel Winfrey, Reginald Clemons, and Clemons's cousin, Antonio D. Richardson, were subsequently convicted of raping and murdering Robin and Julie and robbing Tom. His belongings were found in their possession after their arrests. All four defendants confessed to the crime, and their stories were consistent with Tom's version of events, but three of them later recanted. Winfrey, who was 15 years old at the time of the murders and the only attacker who did not participate in the rapes, took a plea bargain and was sentenced to 30 years in prison for his testimony against the others. He is still incarcerated. The other three men were sentenced to death. Gray was executed in October 2005 and Clemons is still on death row, but Richardson's sentence was commuted to life in prison in 2005.

Both Robin and Julie were students at the University of Missouri at St. Louis in 1991; Julie was an English major. Foul play is suspected in Robin's case due to the circumstances involved. Tom's sister, Jeanine, wrote a book about her cousins' murders called A Rip in Heaven.

Note that this girl, Robin, was 19 years old, 5'0'', and weighed 98lbs with brown hair. Angela Hammond was 20 years old, 5'0'', 120lbs, and had brown hair. Note also this girl and her sister were attacked at about 11:25pm. Angela was abducted around 11:45pm. On the same night in Missouri.
Interesting case, Ive heard of this one before. I thought some of the perps got death penalty. Anyhow Im not sure if your saying that these cases might be related or not. Clinton is nearly 200 miles from St.Louis so I cant imagine these cases have anything to do with one another. It is a very odd coincidence that they happened on same day and time like this