PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: The Final Episode...

SteveS
12-06-2001, 04:30 PM
Roseanne is my favorite television show ever. The series was so funny, so intelligent. Every episode has me on the floor laughing. I love every season (Including the hated last season). The season finale of the series changed everything. It was a twist that shocked me. The episode got to me. I was sad all day afterward. But I loved it. I thought it was very intelligent, and not something you'd expect from a sitcom. What I ask of you, is to tell me what you thought of that episode. Did you like it? Did you HATE it? What did you think it all meant? Have any questions about the episode? Well I think you get the point, so lets discuss the final episode.

ThomasE
12-20-2001, 08:33 AM
It was weird to me. Very unusual. To me the reality came back the last few minutes of the show.

iwf24
01-26-2002, 04:24 PM
I did not like the last episode because it changed a lot of which I liked in the show throughout the seasons. The only thing that I liked about the last season was how darlene and david had a baby and got married but according to the last episode that didn't even happen. I guess it was just too much of a shock for me to handle.

FOL85NatandMrsGRock
02-11-2002, 05:24 PM
i LOVED the last episode!!

well, first off i didn't like the last season very much becuase the conners did NOT belong rich!! the whole point of them being so great was that they were normal, great, POOR people just like everyone else! them winning the lottery just changed it... also, the whole thign about dan and cheating on roseanne...

Well, anyways, here's why i like this last ep... I NEVER would have thought that dan died... i cried when they showed his empty chair and roseanne remorsed over his death.. it was SOOO sad! it was just so different to see her like that and not all smart ass and stuff... second off.. they turned out to NOT be big rich people... it was great to see them back how they SHOULD be and not rich... third off... i laughed my ass off when she said that jackey was gay! lol... i always saw that one for some reason!!

well, i'll shut up now!

Toodles! :wave:

Truth
02-20-2002, 03:43 AM
Ive never seen the final episode but it sounds really interesting. Anyone know when they will show it again?

cheers11
03-08-2002, 10:39 AM
I liked the final season so i decided that roseanne in the final momentsa of the show was a draam she was having. it was at night and you get dreams like that when all of a sudden you are richer than god. so for my i just said all that talk was what she was thinking about in a dream. or else the whole show would not have made any sense at all.

Will and Grace Fanatic
03-16-2002, 06:02 PM
I was really confused by the last episode Roseanne said that Dan didn't survive his heart attack so did he die on Darlene's wedding. then she mentions that her sister is gay. Did she mean in her actual life or her sister Jackie on the show I was totally confused by it. and if Dan did die then if they ever have a Roseanne Reunion movie John Goodman likely won't be in it. and that would really suck.

Will and Grace Fanatic
07-14-2002, 01:17 PM
The Series finale has been called the most shocking and confusing Series finale in television.

ricardo/mertz
08-26-2002, 11:17 AM
I've only seen the final ep. twice. It's too sad. When they show Dan's empty chair and when they have a voice over of the kids when they were younger.(when they set up that office in the basement for their mom.) I cried(bawled is more like it) both times and I hardly ever cry for a sitcom.
I'll admit it was a bit confusing. But, we were viewing "Roseanne's"autobiography the way she wanted her life to turn out. So in her book she changed the people into what she thought they should be. It's hard to put into words. I have a friend who still doesn't completely get it.:crying:

iloveTV
09-08-2002, 06:43 PM
The last episode of Roseanne was bittersweet. I liked how it did the flash back of the basement room and I also thought it was weird how Darlene and Mark were really together and Becky and David were together. I think that's how it went but since none of you have mentioned it, I'm wondering if I misunderstood her line.

I enjoyed the last season of Roseanne for a few reasons. Since I've been poor all my life I always identified with the Connors, a lot of the same things happened to me. When they won the lottery it gave me hope that even though I may always be 'white-trash' I might be able to not be poor anymore. It was refreshing how they even though they were millionaires they still acted like 'white-trash'. I thought the last season along with the last show gave me closure. Often series finales leave you wondering (example: Who's the Boss?) and never really let you let go of the show. Your always wondering who got with who, what happened with so-and-so. I hate that! When a show is over, make it over!

I'm also wondering if any of you heard the rumor that the last show was going to be something completely different but Roseanne wanted to keep it under wraps. Someone leaked it to the press and Roseanne changed it at the very last second. If that's true I'd like to know the other ending and see if it makes more sense to me. :wave:

ricardo/mertz
09-10-2002, 12:21 AM
I too love Roseanne. It is one of my all time favorite shows. I never get tired of it. It's on twice a day. 5:00 and 5:30.
I had a hard time w/ the final episode. It made it almost impossible for a reunion.
In my opinion it was the first show that showed everyday people how they really are. Most kids are smart elics at times. And parents aren't perfect. I wish the show could have gone on forever. It still is hilarious even though I have most of the episodes memorized! It still cracks me up! Long live Roseanne!:clap:

SPLAIN
09-30-2002, 11:42 AM
I totally agree, Ro was the most realistic comedy on TV, kids DO act like that, but the last season or the last show was a perfect example of a DIVA running wild, too much power, idiotic, HATED it!

Will and Grace Fanatic
09-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SPLAIN
I totally agree, Ro was the most realistic comedy on TV, kids DO act like that, but the last season or the last show was a perfect example of a DIVA running wild, too much power, idiotic, HATED it!

I agree Roseanne was a great show and she herself was a great actress and comedian. But she wrote some of the episodes for the last season and she really was not a good writer for that show.