PDA

View Full Version : Gidget/I Dream of Jeanie Closing Credits

D-Dey
10-05-2001, 12:18 PM
Am I the only person who noticed that the closing credits to both Gidget and I Dream of Jeanie are practically identical? The same lettering and the same velvet-blue background. Besides the fact that both of these shows were produced by Screen Gems was there any other reason for this?

Also, is anybody familiar with a 1968 TV documentary narrated by Sally Field called "California Girls?"

TV Guy
10-08-2001, 08:42 PM
The fonts are definitely the same, but I thought at least some of the "Gidget" episodes had closing credits over some kids surfing.

Steve Carras
07-26-2002, 12:08 AM
There werealways credit overlays of kids surfing in the closing credits of GIDGET...

BTW I have always notieced the SCREEN GEMS fonts, and the fact that they were the only TV producer it seemed using the Pathe color process.

I did a Bitmap Paintbrush spoof of the dancing sticks and Synth Music (Eric Siday) era logo..SCREEN GERMS!

JMFabiano524
07-30-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Steve Carras
There werealways credit overlays of kids surfing in the closing credits of GIDGET...

BTW I have always notieced the SCREEN GEMS fonts, and the fact that they were the only TV producer it seemed using the Pathe color process.

I did a Bitmap Paintbrush spoof of the dancing sticks and Synth Music (Eric Siday) era logo..SCREEN GERMS!

Well seeing as the S From Hell jingle (by Eric Siday) was almost as bad as feeling sick when I was young, Screen Germs is quite appropriate :-)

BTW, is there anywhere where I may find these pictures you did online?

J.

JMFabiano524
07-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Steve Carras

Well seeing as the S From Hell jingle (by Eric Siday) was almost as bad as feeling sick when I was young, Screen Germs is quite appropriate :-)

BTW, is there anywhere where I may find these pictures you did online?

And there were indeed surfers in the closing credits, though in the beginning they showed clips from different episodes instead.

J.

iLvGidget
08-17-2002, 09:58 AM
out of all the episodes i have seen of gidget they have all had kids in the backround swimming! sorry to say

Impressions
08-17-2002, 10:44 AM
I noticed that too, I wonder if they have something in common?

JMFabiano524
08-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by iLvGidget
out of all the episodes i have seen of gidget they have all had kids in the backround swimming! sorry to say

Well if you ever get to see the much earlier episodes, then you'll see the "show clips" variation of the closing. For starters, the first two episodes have it.

J.

iLvGidget
08-17-2002, 02:54 PM
oh thats awesome!!
im not at my computer right now...leave a message!!!

SOAPDYNASTY
08-20-2002, 12:59 AM
I noticed that too. I see your on top of things:)