PDA

View Full Version : Tumwater Creek rock

leafygreens
02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
This was the episode where the family found a rock in Tumwater Creek, Washington with strange symbols on it, and afterwards had a string of good luck.

This seems to be a rare episode that I never saw until it came on Spike. I don't think people on this board have discussed it either. Since only one family, rather than many, were affected, I think it is more of a coincidence rather than a magical rock.

But I am surprised that no one else has ever seen this rock or tried to steal it, move it, take pictures of it, or even talk about it. In fact, after googling "tumwater creek rock" hardly anything useful comes up at all.

justins5256
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
This aired originally during UM's first season in Nov. 1988.

I think it has been touched on here before but people mostly just goof on the acting: "it has all the aspects of nature!" or the ridiculousness of the story itself.

As for me, I tend to think that the good fortune experienced by the family who found it was coincidental. I would be curious to know more about the hieroglyphs on the rock itself. It would be cool if they could get some experts to examine it and throw out some theories as to who made them or what message they may be trying to convey.

I wonder if anyone knows where the rock is or if it's even still there.

leafygreens
02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes it would be interesting to get someone to try to decipher the symbols. I wonder if the rock they showed in the segment is the actual rock, or just a prop? I would figure that it would be some sort of local hangout that teenagers would vandalize or something. But maybe nobody knows where it is!

justins5256
02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I wonder if the rock they showed in the segment is the actual rock, or just a prop?

Time to check Ebay. :D

leafygreens
02-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Time to check Ebay. :D
Well I was just wondering if they used the actual rock for the re-enactment, or used a fake because they weren't able to locate the actual rock. If it was the real rock, then it does exist and someone knows exactly where it's located.

justins5256
02-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Well I was just wondering if they used the actual rock for the re-enactment, or used a fake because they weren't able to locate the actual rock. If it was the real rock, then it does exist and someone knows exactly where it's located.

No worries. I was just kidding. :)

leafygreens
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
No worries. I was just kidding. :)
:(

Mastermind
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I tend to be less interested in the rocks magical abilities and more in the origin of it.

Is there any pictures of the rock or any website that has the writing?

I have a theory that the writing might be someone practicing a code from long ago.

I assume its not the hobo code on it. :confused:

leafygreens
02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I tend to be less interested in the rocks magical abilities and more in the origin of it.

Is there any pictures of the rock or any website that has the writing?

I have a theory that the writing might be someone practicing a code from long ago.

I assume its not the hobo code on it. :confused:

To my knowledge there are no pictures of it anywhere. The only way to see it is to watch the segment. But we don't even know if the segment used the actual rock, or a prop.