View Full Version : BEST & WORST OF 2008
12-30-2008, 02:55 AM
You can list anything from news/pop culture/sports/personal lives.
- my friends on S.O.
- tripling my Miracle On 34th Street photo collection
- getting out of debt
- getting 3 of my fav. shows finally on dvd: Nurses; Unsolved Mysteries; Dateline: To Catch A Predator
- losing 12 pounds
- gas being $1.67 a gallon
- my dad celebrating 40 years at his job
- my sister being promoted
- getting health insurance
- being in debt first half of year
- my husband, brother in law and sister in law having cancer
- family drama
- high gas prices
- the economy
- losing my extra overtime
- my dad getting mugged
- my stepbrother moving back in with my dad and stepmom and stealing my dads guns/silver dollars, crashing my dads car and being an all around leach
12-30-2008, 04:34 AM
finally buying a laptop
significant development in my voice
finding an achievable degree in college
oh and obama getting elected!
eh stuff not worth talking about
12-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Family & friends.
The news that I will be an aunt again next year.
My 10th high school reunion.
Anxiety & weight issues
12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Obama getting elected
My 40th wedding anniversary
Lower gas prices
Michigan's economy going down the toilet
My son's job loss
My daughter's marital problems
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
* Adopting Bugle
* Meeting Kelly
* My promotion and raise to $15 an hour.
* The Van Halen, Rush and Martina concerts (three of the best I've ever seen)
* That we were finally given a second X-Files film.
* The fact that I now have enough money to move out on my own.
* The ellection of Obama. I love this guy!
* Like everyone else my major "worsts" for 2008 were job stress and weight issues. Last summer I was working 12 hour days for most of August and it was very difficult. I love working at a college, but it can often be very stressful.
My weight went up and up for almost the entire year. I now weigh 205 pounds, the most I have my entire life. Since I am 6 feet tall, the weight isn't as bad as if I was shorter, but it is still way too much.
* My hairline keeps getting thinner and thinner.
12-30-2008, 01:59 PM
-finding the two great people in my avatar <-
-going to a new school and meeting a bunch of new friends
-becoming more comfortable and confident in myself in general
-i had a lot of self-confidence issues the first few months of the year and was pretty unhappy during that time
overall aside from the first few months it was a really good year for me actually...
12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
hmmm....I still have most of my hair. And I think I'm cancer free. And no one I was close to died. And I got me a nice, new car. :) My boyfriend still likes me, I think.
MORE GREY HAIR
Money worries (which is a 24/7/365 thing anyway)
My self-esteem is pretty much gone
My job stresses me out. Not the job itself, the people.
vBulletin v3.5.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.