PDA

View Full Version : Jodi Huisentruit ...Anything new?

mikem7715
09-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Jodi Huisentruit ...Anything new? Has this info been posted here yet?Check out the link:

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/05/18/missing-jodi-huisentruit-62795-mason-city-ia/

Tendervittles
09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I haven't been here in awhile either, so that information was definitely an interesting read.

I did see a "48 hours" type show fairly recently but it didn't seem to touch on any of what was in your link.

Only thing new they mentioned was some song by a rapper that hinted she might be in some pit at a hog farm, or another type of farm field that repeatedly got plowed up or composted.

It's interesting that whenever the authorities do crack a cold case, it's often with information they had all along, just the right person didn't connect the dots.

Too bad veritaserum doesn't really exist, isn't it?

mikem7715
09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I haven't been here in awhile either, so that information was definitely an interesting read.

I did see a "48 hours" type show fairly recently but it didn't seem to touch on any of what was in your link.

Only thing new they mentioned was some song by a rapper that hinted she might be in some pit at a hog farm, or another type of farm field that repeatedly got plowed up or composted.

Heres another link with some suspects:
http://www.findjodi.com/case.htm

It's interesting that whenever the authorities do crack a cold case, it's often with information they had all along, just the right person didn't connect the dots.

Hadnt heard about the rap song aspect before.Found some more on it here.

I think its safe to say she is dead,and was kidnapped upon leaving her home,witnesses heard the screams.If it wasnt a random act of violence,maybe she had a stalker.

Heres a link to some suspects:

mikem7715
09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
There will be a 20/20 Show about Jodi(a rebroadcast) on the cable channel "WE" on Saturday 9/20 3:PM central

browneyes106
09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I saw the 20/20 on Jodi last week. I don't remember seeing the UM segment about her. It is an interesting and sad case. For those who saw the UM segment were the same people on 20/20 interviewed for UM?

Blackout
06-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Hadnt heard about the rap song aspect before.Found some more on it here.

I think its safe to say she is dead,and was kidnapped upon leaving her home,witnesses heard the screams.If it wasnt a random act of violence,maybe she had a stalker.

Heres a link to some suspects:

May 6, 1999: A convicted rapist in Minnesota is no longer considered "a viable suspect" in the disappearance of KIMT-TV anchorwoman Jodi Huisentruit, Mason City Police Capt. Mike Halverson said Wednesday.

"After conducting a thorough investigation which included interviews, crime laboratory analysis, records review and polygraph examination, Tony Jackson is not considered, at this time, a viable suspect in the investigation," Halverson said.

Huisentruit disappeared from the parking lot of her Mason City apartment in June 1995. Authorities started looking at Jackson, 25, last year and the investigation intensified in February after a Minneapolis television station reported that a man who was in jail with Jackson in 1998 said that Jackson had confessed to killing an anchorwoman.

"We haven't been able to develop anything that will tie him in with this case," Halverson said. "However, that does not mean something won't come forward that could put him right back there at being looked at again."

Investigators interviewed Jackson March 25 and asked him to take a lie detector test, which he passed. Jackson had agreed to the interview months earlier, but Halverson said that investigators didn't want to interfere with criminal proceedings against Jackson in Minnesota.

Jackson is in prison there for three rapes and also was charged in February with a February 1997 attack. He is serving a life sentence for the first conviction and will be in prison until he is at least 88 years old, according to the Dakota County attorney's office.

Halverson said the investigation is ongoing and that leads in the case are still being received.

WCCO television reporter Caroline Lowe, who broke the story about Jackson allegedly confessing to killing the anchorwoman, said she thought the lead was definitely worth pursuing.

The prison inmate said Jackson recited rap lyrics about a woman being "stiffin' around Tiffin" and that led WCCO to an abandoned farm near Tiffin in eastern Iowa where search dogs reacted to an odor in a silo. Nothing was found.

"They did their job," Lowe said of investigators. "I wouldn't agree or disagree. We aggressively covered a report on a serial rapist."
http://showcase.netins.net/web/keithh/missing2.htm

MissFit29
06-20-2009, 08:55 PM
This case was in the news in the last year because an anonymous source leaked Jodi's journal to a local newspaper. Turns out it was the wife of a former investigator on the case.

She was with a friend the night before she disappeared...I think he had something to do with it. There's a website devoted to her case
http://www.findjodi.com

Zoneboy
06-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Authorities continue to seek clues in Iowa television news anchor's 1995 disappearance

MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) Fifteen years after Jodi Sue Huisentruit went missing, authorities in Mason County say their search for clues remains active.

The KIMT-TV morning anchor disappeared on her way to work in 1995. She was 27 years old at the time.

Searches have been ongoing for years.

Sunday marks the 15th anniversary of her disappearance.

Mason City Police Lt. Frank Stearns says investigators are taking a fresh look at the evidence in case they've missed something.

She was declared legally dead several years ago.

___

Online:

http://www.findjodi.com/

http://www.wqad.com/news/sns-ap-ia--missinganchor,0,3307922.story

browneyes106
06-27-2010, 03:37 PM
This case was in the news in the last year because an anonymous source leaked Jodi's journal to a local newspaper. Turns out it was the wife of a former investigator on the case.

She was with a friend the night before she disappeared...I think he had something to do with it. There's a website devoted to her case
http://www.findjodi.com

On the 20/20 segment they mentioned Jodi being friends with a guy that was a lot older than her and he named his boat after her. Is he one they suspect?

Apostapler
06-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Yesterday was 15 years. Wow.

MissFit29
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
On the 20/20 segment they mentioned Jodi being friends with a guy that was a lot older than her and he named his boat after her. Is he one they suspect?

I believe so....I think they had an argument or disagreement that weekend. I think he wanted more out of their friendship than she did.

He named his boat after her? Hmmm...

browneyes106
06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I found this article that mentions Jodi's friend John Vansice
http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_8afe4474-8179-11df-b28e-001cc4c03286.html

SageSlowdive
08-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Sad story...poor woman...

Sounds like she either had a stalker, or it was just a random kidnapping...I'm sort of leaning towards stalker.

Cursiorandcursior
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd take a real serious look at this guy. There is a tangential connection to where she disappeared.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/52994262.html

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/08/did_christopher_revak_murder_d.php

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/08/douglas-county-sheriff-says-williams.html

TracyLynnS
08-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Any idea how the investigator's wife got possession of Jodi's journal? If I were the family, I would be very angry that such a personal item would be outside official custody. What was the woman's motive for sending it to the newspaper?

TracyLynnS
08-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Found a little bit about the journal leak in the archive section on the findjodi site. An article quoted there says that the "original diary has remained in the custody of the police department".

An 84 page copy was sent anonymously to a newspaper. If the original has been in police custody, how does one obtain it in order to make copies? Did the Police Chief just want to read it at home? It was his wife who sent the copy to the newspaper, possibly compromising the investigation. WTH was she thinking?

2008 - MASON CITY, IA - Authorities on Friday identified a former police chief's wife as the person responsible for sending a copy of a missing television anchor's diary to the Mason City newspaper.

Cheryl Ellingson, wife of former Chief David Ellingson, admitted to investigators on Monday that she sent the journal to the Globe Gazette, according to a news release from the Mason City Police Department. It said no laws were broken and no charges will be filed.

The original diary taken into evidence from Huisentruit's apartment has remained in the custody of the police department, the release said.

The newspaper received a copy of the 84-page journal in a large envelope with no return address and a June 4 postmark from Waterloo. It could further compromise the Huisentruit investigation or any other police investigation.

The release said the Ellingon's home was searched and they have no other reports or records which could further compromise the Huisentruit investigation or any other police investigation.

Zlatko
12-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Here's an interesting story on the case... http://globegazette.com/news/local/former-mcpd-officer-says-police-may-have-taken-huisentruit/article_f6d423e0-d4c4-11e0-bcb2-001cc4c002e0.html

I find it interesting Maria Ohl claims that she was sexually harassed while she was an officer. I'm going to read the book "Dead Air" based on this case, perhaps it'll shed more light on this case.

1990 UM fan
04-11-2012, 09:11 AM
I wonder if she may have been harmed/killed for a story she reported on? Has that been looked into as a possibility?

younger1968
10-21-2012, 05:40 PM
I have been following this case on and off for many years. I live in Ankeny, IA for about 3 years back in 1998 and it was talked about quite a bit in the local media. The problem is that cities like Mason City are small, so it is not difficult for someone to be stalked. The van angle is important one, but does not seem they did much about the van.

The other problem is Iowa is very rural as such disposing of a body can be very easy. They should have had farmers check their property to see if anything was suspicious.

There was palm print that has not been identified with this case either.

There are many cases like Jodi that need to stay visible. I think it is important for social media to take over helping solve these crimes.

buckeyeblogger
01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
So I'm watching "Disappeared". I'm fairly familiar with the case so I'm just watching it as a refresher and to see if there's any new info presented.

One of the LE officers was quoted as saying they 'didn't have enough evidence for a search warrant' (to search John Vansice's residence).

Ahem. Excuse me... couldn't they simply ASK? If he refused then my alarm bells would be going off left and right.

WishfulDreamer
01-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Hope this ep of Disappeared goes up on the forbidden site soon. I can't get ID in the country I live in now!

1990 UM fan
01-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Hope this ep of Disappeared goes up on the forbidden site soon. I can't get ID in the country I live in now!

I think it will soon, I found a bunch of others on there so keep checking back here and there for it.

WishfulDreamer
01-29-2013, 07:17 PM
I think it will soon, I found a bunch of others on there so keep checking back here and there for it.
Thanks! ''Out of the Ashes'' was posted very quickly so hopefully this one will soon follow.

wonderwall
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
I am watching the disappeared episode now (I bought it off itunes) and am so happy they are profiling Jodi's case. I've always found it very interesting. They mention running a thirteen part seres on KIMT surrounding her disappearence. Just wanted to let you know you can find those mini episodes (they are each around three minutes) on the forbidden site if you search her name. :)

UMFan95
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Does anyone else think Jodi could've been possibly sold into sexual slavery? I wouldn't think so but it could've been possible...

WishfulDreamer
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
After watching the episode, I think my theory is still the same. I think this was a premeditated kidnapping rather than some unsavory character who just happened to be in the area and saw a pretty woman going to her car. I feel this way because the van was seen idling there and Jodi was so well-known in the area, also why would some stranger be in the apartment lot at 3-4 a.m. rather than at the campground next door if he just wanted to sit there and wasn't planning to commit a crime?

I think this was totally planned. Jodi was well-known for her appearance on the early morning news. I think this abductor discovered where she lived (possibly through the phone book/stalking) and waited for her to leave for the early morning broadcast, knowing she would have to leave her home early to do so- a time when no one else would really be around. And so he continued to wait even when she was late coming out.

Jodi was very conscious about safety having been stalked/followed before and enrolled in a self-defense class. However, being groggy may have had her let her guard down and she didn't look around the parking lot. From the Disappeared episode, it seems most likely that she had her arms full and was unlocking her car when grabbed, enough to the point that she or the abductor bumped into the driver's side mirror. Jodi then screamed (as was heard by the apartment residents) and dropped her items meant for work, then was dragged (drag marks were found) to the abductor's vehicle. I think because she was taken by surprise/had her arms full, etc. she wasn't able to defend herself (there's always the possibility there was more than one able-bodied abductor). It's extremely chilling to think about. I think she was probably killed not too long after the abduction.

I don't know what to make of the friend. He seems like a weirdo claiming he was "the last one to see her alive." He also lied about the night before with the movie. It's very understandable that he's a person of interest.

1990 UM fan
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Is the Disappeared episode of her case up yet? I need something UM-related to watch since they made a clean sweep of ALL the UM episodes on the video site in the past 2 days. :(

WishfulDreamer
02-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Is the Disappeared episode of her case up yet? I need something UM-related to watch since they made a clean sweep of ALL the UM episodes on the video site in the past 2 days. :(
It's there! :) I know, I'm totally bummed about that. I live out of the country now so no UM fix for me :( :(

1990 UM fan
02-02-2013, 02:41 AM
It's there! :) I know, I'm totally bummed about that. I live out of the country now so no UM fix for me :( :(

What is the name of the episode?

WishfulDreamer
02-02-2013, 06:03 AM
What is the name of the episode?
"Breaking News"

1990 UM fan
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM
"Breaking News"

I found it and they blocked me from seeing it due to some copyright bs. Now how can I watch it? :(

WishfulDreamer
02-02-2013, 06:03 PM
I found it and they blocked me from seeing it due to some copyright bs. Now how can I watch it? :(
Whaaaaat. It still works for me. Does it tell you it's because of the country you're in? :(

1990 UM fan
02-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Whaaaaat. It still works for me. Does it tell you it's because of the country you're in? :(

yeah, the US get jipped from alot of good things, like viewing music videos from British bands like The Cure. I wanted to watch the Jodi episode so bad and get its take on the case but now I'll have to wait for an alternative source. :( :mad:

WishfulDreamer
02-02-2013, 11:07 PM
yeah, the US get jipped from alot of good things, like viewing music videos from British bands like The Cure. I wanted to watch the Jodi episode so bad and get its take on the case but now I'll have to wait for an alternative source. :( :mad:
It used to happen to me a lot in the US, too. Now that I live in Japan it's pretty rare..Someone else may end up uploading the episode, as happened with the Freeman/Bible case (I think there are two or three uploads of that one). Hang in there :)

baloony
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM

That is certainly interesting about the rapper.

wiseguy182
03-09-2013, 03:17 AM
Now how can I watch it? :(

This might seem like a wild concept, but some of us old foagies (I'm 32 years old) still watch things on television.

Hasho
03-10-2013, 04:32 AM
If anyone wants the link to the episode, on the forbidden site... PM me.

wiseguy182
12-06-2013, 04:03 AM
I know there's been some talk about suspects/motives, but I wonder if Jodi was targeted by an obsessed fan. I have heard of this happening before. Unfortunately, they don't have the security that a national newscaster might, so they may be more vulnerable that way. Jodi was young and attractive, so I think it's a possibility someone watched her show every morning, became obsessed, and started stalking her.

MegtheEgg86
12-07-2013, 01:03 AM
I know there's been some talk about suspects/motives, but I wonder if Jodi was targeted by an obsessed fan. I have heard of this happening before. Unfortunately, they don't have the security that a national newscaster might, so they may be more vulnerable that way. Jodi was young and attractive, so I think it's a possibility someone watched her show every morning, became obsessed, and started stalking her.

That's a great observation, and one that I don't think has really yet been discussed at length (or at all, actually). With that theory would seem to go the implication that whomever abducted her must have lived in an area that received coverage from her news affiliate in Mason City, rather than someone who was transient.