PDA

View Full Version : Jesslyn Rich

themaninblack
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I had a surprising encounter on the net with one of her daughters yesterday!
she told me she appreciated someone, especially a stranger showing concern over this case.
I tell you, you never know who is going to read your stuff on here or how it will affect them!
hopefully the right people in California will soon want to open this case back up and have the bad guys put on trial!

Todd Mueller
04-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow! That's great.

That case always bugged the #$%& out of me because it was so obviously a coverup. I hope justice is served one day but every day that goes by you have to wonder if it ever will.

Did her daughter have any info that we didn't hear on the UM broadcast?

themaninblack
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
i asked her if she ever hears from betty thompson or her moms friend that was at the bar with her but i have not heard from her yet.
i am going to watch this segment again in a short while...
again, you never know who is reading! :)

Chris Billings
04-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Thats very very cool you had the opportunity to speak with her.

But Im a little confused, it sounds like based on the other post this case is still open. I would think the FBI or the Attorney General would be all over it. She was after all a government employee working at a prison with a documented history of corruption, abuse, and threats.

Doesnt the government protect whistle blowers from this sort of thing? Or is the W.Blower legislation relatively new?

Chris

themaninblack
04-09-2008, 01:50 AM
i doubt anything like that is happening, but then again from my conversation with her daughter, it may be.
she told me she had to give some dna a while back to prove that certain remains were not those of her mother, so evidently something could be going on.
Hopefully it is

themaninblack
04-10-2008, 11:23 AM
i'll say it again its a wonder anybody at that jail still had a job after that.
then again with corruption everywhere nothing gets done right

Kane
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I too have received an email contact from her. She told me that Jesslyn was never found, contrary to what UM said at the end of the segment. If this is true, she should try to contact the show and (in the event that the segment is shown on TV again) ask them to make a correction.

If in fact Jesslyn Rich has never been found, then (needless to say) UM made an unfortunate mistake. But I am convinced that the folks at the show had been misinformed about the status of Jesslyn Rich. I really don't believe UM would have intentionally said that she had been found murdered if they'd had any prior knowledge to the contrary.

themaninblack
04-11-2008, 12:00 AM
i wonder how the mistake was made?

CanadianUMFan
04-14-2008, 02:47 AM
i wonder how the mistake was made?

It makes one question the accuracy of UM in any of their cases.

crystaldawn
04-14-2008, 09:12 AM
It makes one question the accuracy of UM in any of their cases.

I don't really think UM is at fault. I just rewatched the NBC version of this segment. Robert Stack said that after filming this story in June of '92 Jesslyn Rich's family was informed that she was murdered. They said parts of a dismembered female body were found in a remote corner of San Bernadino County 4 weeks after Jesslyn went missing but it took 8 years for them to identify the remains. Is it possible the daughter meant that her complete remains weren't found? Or another possibility is they thought it was Jesslyn but later when they were able to do more accurate dna testing it was discovered the partial remains weren't hers.

themaninblack
04-14-2008, 11:59 PM
well either way, there is no doubt she is dead.
i will say this again its a shame that there is nothing outside UM sites on the Web where you can find out about this case.
its almost like a cloak of silence has been cast over things because nobody wants to talk about it seems. At least those who are or were in an official capacity.
hopefully i will hear from Leslie, Jesslyns daughter soon.
I think what it is about this case that just keeps gnawing on my mind is that this woman was just trying to do the right thing and somebody wanted her out of the way. Prison officials, or anybody in law enforcement especially, have a responsibility to uphold a certain standard of conduct.
Jesslyn was trying to do just that, and it cost her her life, and her children a mother.
if i could i would start a petition or something but seeing as how i do not live in california i doubt it would make any difference!
maybe somebody could post this on youtube or something...
i do not believe the producers of UM would mind it, seeing as how the purpose of the show in the first place is to catch murderers.

themaninblack
04-15-2008, 12:27 AM
but i mean there has to be SOMETHING we can do... just wish i could figure out what that SOMETHING is!

themaninblack
04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
suggestions?

themaninblack
04-17-2008, 08:37 PM
maybe we could find out the senators or representatives over there and contact them....

wiseguy182
04-17-2008, 09:48 PM
maybe we could find out the senators or representatives over there and contact them....

I can tell you offhand the U.S. Senators representing California are Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein. Representatives is more tricky: there are 53 of them currently.

themaninblack
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM
perhaps i, and hopefully others, can contact them

themaninblack
04-18-2008, 12:44 AM
i have emailed the 2 senators from california...
somehow i am not very hopeful anything will get done,
but i guess as long as somebody says something about the case
then that means that they have to think about it...
hopefully....

themaninblack
04-18-2008, 05:52 PM
oh i just found out: if you do not live in california, snail mail the senators/reps.
otherwise your message will not be read!

LooksLikeCRicci
04-23-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't think that the lack of action in this case has anything to do with corruption from within the justice system. If anything, I would venture a guess that they want to gather as much evidence as they possibly can before they try to bring these guys down.

I compare it to a crime that happened here in Montana. I've mentioned it on the boards before and the crime was covered on AMW. Essentially, three women were brutally murdered in a beauty parlor in Florence, MT. The case went cold quickly, due to a lack of suspects/motive/what have you. Anyway, some seven years later, they've charged a guy with the murders. As the story progressed, we found that the suspect was a guy who they had suspected all along, but they wanted to make sure they had all the necessary evidence to ensure a conviction before they took him to trial.

In criminal cases, YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT to prove your case. I sincerely feel for Jessalyn Rich's family, but if there is an ongoing investigation, part of me feels that it's because they are still trying to get all the evidence they can to bring her killer to justice.

Jediknight1823
04-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't think that the lack of action in this case has anything to do with corruption from within the justice system. If anything, I would venture a guess that they want to gather as much evidence as they possibly can before they try to bring these guys down.

I compare it to a crime that happened here in Montana. I've mentioned it on the boards before and the crime was covered on AMW. Essentially, three women were brutally murdered in a beauty parlor in Florence, MT. The case went cold quickly, due to a lack of suspects/motive/what have you. Anyway, some seven years later, they've charged a guy with the murders. As the story progressed, we found that the suspect was a guy who they had suspected all along, but they wanted to make sure they had all the necessary evidence to ensure a conviction before they took him to trial.

In criminal cases, YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT to prove your case. I sincerely feel for Jessalyn Rich's family, but if there is an ongoing investigation, part of me feels that it's because they are still trying to get all the evidence they can to bring her killer to justice.

That's a very good point. Considering that this case would probably implicate a lot of powerful people in the justice system, they'd want to make sure that they can prove it 100%. Obviously the people who are responsible for this are smart, and have gotten rid of as much evidence as possible. They got rid of the only person who could nail them by killing Terri Lucas.

themaninblack
04-24-2008, 07:54 AM
yeah yall are right about that. its just frustrating to me because nothing has been said about it.