PDA

View Full Version : Splish splash-this show's already jumped the shark

TV_Fan
11-29-2007, 08:33 PM
It started the minute they put Earl in prison. I can't believe how bad this season has been. Tonight's episode was atrocious. And for next week's episode? Since when did this show become a really bad parody of Prison Break?

HugeTVFan
11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I agree. The show shouldn't be like this. I miss the old days (you know, Seasons 1 and 2!). I thought this season would be on par with those days but it's not.

AB
11-30-2007, 05:10 PM
This season has been pretty bad, did they get new some writers or something?

HugeTVFan
12-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I personally think it's not new writers, it's Earl in jail. The writers can't think of anything good to come up with because Earl is in jail...so they have this one creative writing episode (which I found decent actually). The last good episode was the one where Joy had the baby. Like the OP says, it is a really bad Prison Break parody.

HugeTVFan
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
And the Cops episode--most of it was really bad. It should've been a half-hour like the other one I think. Or they should've done a cliffhanger type of thing. One part one week--the next part, the next week. Not one hour--half of it with bad jokes, the other half with decent jokes.

TV_Fan
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I hated the Cops episode also. The original Cops episode last season was pretty good, but this one hour one didn't cut it. There were very few good episodes this season at all. THe writer wrote themselves into a corner putting him in jail. He needs to get back to his list and stuff on the outside. Now that he spent all his money (on a prison PROM of all things) it will be harder to do.

HugeTVFan
12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah. But I think he's going to be in jail all season. I just hope by season 4 next season, he's out.

Stuck In The '70's
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I've missed the last few episodes. He needs to get out of jail now.

TV_Fan
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
If he's in jail the rest of the season, I think this may be his last season. I don't think too many viewers are going to stick around!

jimpickens
12-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Just like I said on a different thread since season three this show has been on the verge of jumping the proverbial shark and this season. I mean why would he sacrifice his freedom to keep his loudmouth ex wife out of jail. Instead of the hokey surrogate mother storyline they should have either had Joy on the run or in prison now that would've been funny either Joy busting out or released on a technicality looking to kick Earls ass because he ratted her out or they bring back Juliette Lewis's character to track her down. I agree with TV Fan if they continue to have him in prison this is going to be the last season because of a simple csae of shark jumping.