PDA

View Full Version : Doris in a Bikini!

NOVARick
11-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Oh my gosh, has anyone else seen that fashion show episode on the Season 5 DVD? There's a shot in there of Doris Day in a bikini. What a BODY! She was 48 years old and didn't have an ounce of fat on her. And rockin' abs! It's hard to come by a 20 year-old with a body like that, but she was 48! In her DVD commentary on that episode, Doris tells her interviewer that the scene was "risque for the time." I'm sure it was, but with a body like that, who would care?

Ronny G
11-28-2007, 04:10 AM
I just got my set in the mail today, and that was the first episode I watched. Yes, I was floored when she took of her robe and revealed her nice tight body. Definitely a rewind moment!

NOVARick
11-29-2007, 11:37 PM
I just got my set in the mail today, and that was the first episode I watched. Yes, I was floored when she took of her robe and revealed her nice tight body. Definitely a rewind moment!

Yeah, I guess I can say I was floored, too. But I was just as surprised by the silence of that commentator. He said nothing. What was that about? Was he too stunned to speak? Embarrassed? Finally, Doris did chime in and said something, perhaps to ease the tension. If you're going to provide audio commentary on an episode, I would think of all the moments in this episode, that one deserved some sort of acknowledgement. Personally, I would like for him to have asked her how she was able to get her body in such amazing shape at that age.

Ronny G
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm also surprised the commentator said nothing about her bikini considering he talked through pretty much the whole thing. I think he was worried Doris would not have anything to say and there would be too much dead air, so he kept trying to ask her questions or make comments to get a response, but I would have liked a more spontaneoous commentary. There were times where it sounded as if she was going to say something or react to what was happening on the screen, but then he would start talking.

Ohio8
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
What's this episode's name?

dakert
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Episode 17--hospital benefit

Ohio8
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Episode 17--hospital benefit

Belated "thanks" for your answer. :D

Jude The Obscure
03-27-2008, 10:29 PM
WOOOOOOOW!!!!!! What a bod!!!!! :D

scotpens
05-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Jaws must have dropped all across the United States when TV viewers saw Doris in that skimpy outfit. Not only was it startling to see the actress who had been jokingly labeled "America's eternal virgin" showing that much skin, but her body was GORGEOUS! At 48, she was in better shape than most women half her age.

I've always wondered what she would have been like in "The Graduate" if she had accepted the offer to play Mrs. Robinson. Certainly would have been interesting!

Tweety
08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
All that, and no airbrushing necessary! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

BarneyFife
08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
WOW, i had no idea she looked that good. Nice tan too. Thanks for posting the pics. Those are "right clickers".

Torquay22
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Pure vindication is the only way I can describe my reaction to the preceding comments about Doris Day’s appearance in a sassy bikini on her old TV show. When I first saw the episode, probably around 1972-73, I was a very young man and not a particular fan of her TV series. However, during the program, she looked so sexy modeling a range of costumes that I continued to view the episode. When I saw the scene of her in the skimpy bikini, I was literally left in a state of shock.

During that period, the sex goddesses of the entertainment world were Raquel Welch and a bevy of other beauties who were anywhere from 15 to 25 years younger than Ms. Day. Doris, on the other hand, had been promoted as the “girl next door” who while quite attractive was typically much less provocative in her chosen attire. When I saw how deliciously firm and wickedly curvaceous her figure was, I remember wondering why she hadn’t exposed it more and flaunted herself as body-beautiful like those younger starlets.

For 37 years I have wondered whether I was hallucinating back then or whether I really did see a bikini-clad Doris Day who looked like pure dynamite. Thanks to the comments and knockout photos on this message board, I am convinced beyond any doubt that the event not only happened but was every bit as astounding as I remember. I only wish that this great lady had done a hundred more scenes like it. And yes, her performance as Mrs. Robinson would have been thermonuclear, had she accepted the role.