PDA

View Full Version : Help Catch a Killer

Eire
06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, a friend of mine lost a friend this past week to a hit and run driver. I'm passing on the note she posted on another board.

An extremely close and dear friend (Matt, bass player for CyberTrybe) was forced to watch as his brother was run down in cold blood Friday night.

John Bird was run down last night in front of both his wife's and his brother's eyes. John, his wife, and his brother were walking to their car after attending a Poison concert in Bay City, Michigan. John was leading the group, and walked out between two parked cars. A van was heading towards them. John's brother called out a warning , the van then accelerated and hit John with the front of the vehicle, and then hit him again with the side of the vehicle (side-swiping him). John's brother tried to warn him, but the van "gunned" the gas and John had no time to get out of the way. The van never stopped. John was determined to have experienced brain death at the scene, and will be removed from life support as soon as his remaining family arrives at the hospital.

The van struck John at the intersection of John and Catherine streets, one block south of the Midland Street entertainment district. Dispatchers sent officers to the scene at 11:47 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2007. Police said the van fled the scene west on John Street toward Wenona Avenue.

Officers believe the dark blue van, possibly a Chevrolet, may have front-end damage on the passenger side. The van is believed to be a G series Chevy early 90's model. Again, the van is Blue. The fist 2 letters on the license plate are "WV."

Bay City police ask anyone with information about the incident to call investigators at (989) 892-8571.

Please help spread the word.

Thank you.

If anyone here is in the Bay City area, please keep an eye out for the van.

Eire
06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
For those of you who read this, a suspect has been charged with the death of my friend's friend. He's facing lots of jail time and I hope he gets every bit of it.

crystaldawn
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
For those of you who read this, a suspect has been charged with the death of my friend's friend. He's facing lots of jail time and I hope he gets every bit of it.

I'm glad he was captured Eire.

kamy
06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank God, they've been caught. A senseless act of violence. My prayers are with your friend's friend's family.