PDA

View Full Version : Who is still alive from Sanford & Son?

Gork Mania
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I know Lamont is. The question is, Who else is?

Stuck In The '70's
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Gregory Sierra ( Julio) and Hal Williams ( Smitty) are still alive. I'm not sure about Lynn Hamilton ( Donna), Nathaniel Taylor ( Rollo) and Howard Platt ( Hoppy). I think the rest of the main ones are gone though.

Gork Mania
06-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Has there ever been a reunion of the remaining cast of Sanford & Son?

Zoneboy
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure about Lynn Hamilton ( Donna), Nathaniel Taylor ( Rollo) and Howard Platt ( Hoppy).

They're all still alive and oddly enough, Today is Howard Platt's birthday. :)

Stuck In The '70's
06-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't think their has been. A few guest starred on Sanford and I remember Don Bexley ( Bubba) guest starring on the Royal Family on the episode about Red Foxx's death but I haven't seen any of them in years. I haven't even seen Demond Wilson on TV in years, probably about the time Redd Foxx died.

catlover79
06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't think their has been. A few guest starred on Sanford and I remember Don Bexley ( Bubba) guest starring on the Royal Family on the episode about Red Foxx's death but I haven't seen any of them in years. I haven't even seen Demond Wilson on TV in years, probably about the time Redd Foxx died.
For the most part, Demond Wilson left acting behind and became a minister. He still makes the occasional guest spot, but he has devoted much of his time to his prison ministry.

If anyone gets any updates on Gregory Sierra, let me know!! :eyes: :heart: :eyes: :lol:

Cloud9 Lorraine
06-05-2007, 07:59 PM

I would have loved to have seen a reunion show. But now since there aren't many cast members remaining, it would be great to see a retrospective special with Demond, Nathaniel and anyone else who is left. I'll bet they could share some really funny stories and give some interesting insight and trivia that we wouldn't otherwise know. I wonder if there are any outtakes around too. A lot of the old Carson / Tonight Show stuff was lost or recorded over.

casualts@cox.net
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I would love to see outtakes, and cut scenes....but if there were any still around, you would think they would have already been exploited by now....

Dead or alive..............They still make us laugh.....They live forevever on our TVs.....

Stuck In The '70's
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I also remember Whitman Mayo and Lawanda Page sitting down and discussing Redd on some news show not long after he died. Sadly they're both gone now. They should have had an E-True Hollywood Story on S&S when most of the cast was still alive.

Cheryl Harrell
06-06-2007, 02:41 AM
I think Bernie Hamilton who was Lynn Hamilton's ( Donna) husband in real life (I think they are divorced now) & was the cop who was replaced by officer Smitty is still alive. So is Antonia Fargas who played the lawyer friend in the ep where Lamont got a traffic ticket, I think it was. Bernie & Lynn Hamilton were on Starsky and Hutch as Capt Dobey & his wife Edith. Antonio Fargas was also on Starsky and Hutch as Huggy Bear. Another Starsky and Hutch/Sanford connection was that the guy who played Uncle Woody was also Merle the Earl on Starsky and Hutch. And Lawanda "Aunt Esther" Page was also in a coupla eps of Starsky and Hutch. Not sure who else is still living but I think Rollo is still living...

Gork Mania
06-06-2007, 02:45 AM
I do know this. I'd rather watch sitcoms like Sanford & Son than what is on tv right now. Seems like the 70's & early 80's had better television. I am so glad many tv shows from these years are on dvd.

Zoneboy
06-06-2007, 03:43 AM
I think Bernie Hamilton who was Lynn Hamilton's (Donna) husband in real life (I think they are divorced now) & was the cop who was replaced by officer Smitty is still alive.

Can anyone provide any proof that Bernie and Donna Hamilton were ever married? I've been hearing this rumour for years and have found nothing to substantiate these claims. I'm not doubting this at all but some proof would be great. There's no mention of them being married on IMDb or Wikipedia so we can eliminate those 2 sources.

everett552
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I do know this. I'd rather watch sitcoms like Sanford & Son than what is on tv right now. Seems like the 70's & early 80's had better television. I am so glad many tv shows from these years are on dvd.

Yeah, you & me both!

catlover79
06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
^ Ditto!! :)

Chocolate Moose
06-06-2007, 04:38 PM
i would watch!

Stuck In The '70's
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Can anyone provide any proof that Bernie and Donna Hamilton were ever married? I've been hearing this rumour for years and have found nothing to substantiate these claims. I'm not doubting this at all but some proof would be great. There's no mention of them being married on IMDb or Wikipedia so we can eliminate those 2 sources.
They aren't credible sources anyway.I could put that they're married on there without any proof.

Zoneboy
06-06-2007, 05:24 PM
They aren't credible sources anyway.I could put that they're married on there without any proof.

I never said they were, I know all about their reputations for being unreliable and was only using them as examples. Imdb does have a famous marriages section but Bernie and Donna are not mentioned.

Gork Mania
06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I have seen Demond Wilson on TBN before. He has some kind of ministry.
W. Mayo passed away a few years ago. He sure had a very likable character.
I read that in the 90's that Conan O Brian had a search for him. Sort of like a "Where's Grady?" search. Mayo said that he didn't know about it until his mother saw the show and told him about it. They brought him to the show in a limo. Did anybody see this on Conan's show? I wish i saw it but i didn't.

catlover79
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I have seen Demond Wilson on TBN before. He has some kind of ministry.
W. Mayo passed away a few years ago. He sure had a very likable character.
I read that in the 90's that Conan O Brian had a search for him. Sort of like a "Where's Grady?" search. Mayo said that he didn't know about it until his mother saw the show and told him about it. They brought him to the show in a limo. Did anybody see this on Conan's show? I wish i saw it but i didn't.
I never saw those episodes, but I remember hearing about the "Where's Grady?" thing on Conan O'Brien. He does have Abe Vigoda (Barney Miller, Fish) on his show occasionally doing silly skits. :thumbsup:

Cheryl Harrell
06-07-2007, 03:10 AM
I'd heard the Hamiltons were married to each other & had assumed it's true. Who knows. Yep Lamonts a preacher now. He came to a small town near me some yrs back to a revival meeting the pentecostal church my hubbys cousin used to go to. I wanted to go but had to be outta town then. So I misseed Lamont, bummer. Hubbys cousin said that Lamont re-baptized her & her hubby in a nearby motel swimming pool. I'd have liked to have seen that lol. I did see Lamont on TBN not too long ago. Sometimes they have Clifton Davis from "That's My Mam' & "Amen" on there too. I think I saw both of them on TBN together one time, I think...

Ohio8
06-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Gregory Sierra ( Julio) and Hal Williams ( Smitty) are still alive. I'm not sure about Lynn Hamilton ( Donna), Nathaniel Taylor ( Rollo) and Howard Platt ( Hoppy). I think the rest of the main ones are gone though.

All five are still living, and so is Demond Wilson. I don't know about Raymond Allen (Woody), though.

chasityb211
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
If you go to www.google.com and put in sanford and son in images. There is an actual picture of Donna and her Benny together.

Ohio8
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM

Lynn, Nathaniel, and Howard are still alive. I do't know about Raymond Allen (Woody), Leroy Daniels (Leroy), and Ernest Mayhand (Skillet).

catlover79
10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Lynn, Nathaniel, and Howard are still alive. I do't know about Raymond Allen (Woody), Leroy Daniels (Leroy), and Ernest Mayhand (Skillet).
Raymond Allen passed on a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.

Ohio8
10-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Two supporting actors who have died are Fritzi Burr, who was usually a target of Fred's insults, and Frank Nelson, the sarcastic man.

Zoneboy
10-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Two supporting actors who have died are Fritzi Burr, who was usually a target of Fred's insults, and Frank Nelson, the sarcastic man.

Fritzi Burr was the Sister-In-Law of producer Saul Turtletaub.

Scoobiedoo30
10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Raymond Allan still has to be alive I went to Sanford And Son TV.com and there was no date of Death for Raymond Allen

GARFIELDKOOL
10-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I think Bernie Hamilton who was Lynn Hamilton's ( Donna) husband in real life (I think they are divorced now) & was the cop who was replaced by officer Smitty is still alive. So is Antonia Fargas who played the lawyer friend in the ep where Lamont got a traffic ticket, I think it was. Bernie & Lynn Hamilton were on Starsky and Hutch as Capt Dobey & his wife Edith. Antonio Fargas was also on Starsky and Hutch as Huggy Bear. Another Starsky and Hutch/Sanford connection was that the guy who played Uncle Woody was also Merle the Earl on Starsky and Hutch. And Lawanda "Aunt Esther" Page was also in a coupla eps of Starsky and Hutch. Not sure who else is still living but I think Rollo is still living...

Bernie Hamilton and Antonio Fargas only made One appearance on Sanford and Son. You can't really count them as regular characters.

Scoobiedoo30
11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Donna is still alive

asiy05
02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Raymond Allen, who played Woody, is still alive.