PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Child Murders

Thinman
01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm interested to hear what others think about Wayne Williams and the Atlanta Child Murders. I believe he is guilty of the two adult murders of which he was convicted, but I'm unsure about the others. I hate to think that there is a killer(s) still out there that murdered that many children.

nohwheregirl
01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I haven't been following the new evidence that closely, but I do think there's a possibility he got railroaded by the police. What I want to know is, if he didn't do it, who did?

mistagee
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I actually believe he is fully innocent. I do not believe he killed anyone. These killings are rumored to be done by the KKK or copycat killers, but I feel much of the evidence against him was circumstantial. I dont know if any DNA was involved, Im sure that would have held the key.

bry
07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
new evidence? can you elaborate?

Pixies
06-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I think he is evil and totally guilty.

Glad he is in jail where he needs to be.

Ireneparalegal
06-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Carpet fibers found on one of the child victims matched the same fibers in his car.

I won't go into all the details. It is a moot point.

Since he was arrested, the murders stopped.

He is guilty as hell.

mistagee
12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Carpet fibers found on one of the child victims matched the same fibers in his car.

I won't go into all the details. It is a moot point.

Since he was arrested, the murders stopped.

He is guilty as hell.

My uncle worked on the investigation and he told me the case was a sham, they were under tremendous pressure, even by the president, to "wrap it the hell up." The carpet fibers were evidence, but what you didnt hear was that those fibers were prevalent everywhere in the South at the time and werent as unusual as the Prosecuter claimed.

In addition, he also told me that Wayne Williams was an arrogant self centered guy who liked to make himself more important than he really was, and in that sense he fit the profiling perfectly. He had the unfortunate luck of picking a lawyer who really was out of her league. A better team could have gotten this case acquitted or even dismisssed.

The evidence against Williams was really circumstantial. I am sure if the bodies are exhumed, DNA evidence will exonerate him. You see, it wasnt mentioned in the press, but many of those boys and young men did hustle and engage in homosexual activity with local men, and there is a movement of people who always felt pedophilia played an important role in the murders. A KKK link has also been mentioned, but my uncle said it was probably not true unless they were working with blacks to lure the kids. One child, who was eventually murdered himself, said he saw one of the boys in a car with a white man, and that a white man had threatened him with a gun. This was supposedly ignored by police. The offer of money would have attracted many of these boys to go with strangers, so my uncle thought.

SO, although you may think he is guilty as hell, many of the people who worked on the case believed the exact opposite, but in a way were relieved to see it go away. That was the state of affairs in Atlanta at the time.