PDA

View Full Version : I tried, but didn't like it.

Jrnygrl
01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry I tried watching last nights episode "Mr. Monk Private Eye," it just didn't flow for me. Natalie just doesn't connect for me, she just seemed so pushy, where Sharona was more supportive.

And this is not to start an argument, it is just my opinion.

Oh I did have a question, since I haven't watched since Sharona left except for last night, did the Ted Levine character and his wife divorce? I thought it was one of the great parts of Monk, the fact that they were so different.

robyrob
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
yeah, it took a while for me took get used to Natalie, but I like her almost as much as Sharona now (I couldnt STAND her character on 2 Guys and a Girl)

Jrnygrl
01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
yeah, it took a while for me took get used to Natalie, but I like her almost as much as Sharona now (I couldnt STAND her character on 2 Guys and a Girl)

I'm going to watch next weeks new episode, I will watch the marathon on Monday, I'm really trying to like the new Monk.:wave:

mraw
01-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm going to watch next weeks new episode, I will watch the marathon on Monday, I'm really trying to like the new Monk.:wave:

Mr. Monk, Private Eye is just a bad episode all around. Between the unresolved murder of the fisherman and Stottlemeyer's stalker girlfriend (who could tell him from across the street where his broom was), it wasn't the best episode of the past few seasons. I really like Mr. Monk and the Red Herring (The episode that introduced Natalie) and Mr. Monk Gets Cabin Fever. There are more that I like (mostly from season 3), but those two stick out for me. Also, the Monk novels are told through the eyes of Natalie.

There's a Viewer's Choice Marathon airing right now.

Schmoopie
08-25-2008, 12:43 AM
I love "Monk" but I agree that it's an acquired taste. It took me a while to fall in love with it. And you're right. That "Private Eye" episode wasn't one of their best!

Andrea