View Full Version : ??? - Have you ever voted for a THIRD PARTY candidate????
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
i never have
and dont know anyone who has ever voted
for these Green Party, Reform Party, Communist Party, Prohibition Party, Nazi Party, etc, etc candidates
BUT it seems that a lot of people do
anyone ever vote third party??
10-24-2006, 09:28 AM
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I voted for the Reform Party's Ross Perot back in 1992's Presidential. Back in 2000 I didn't care for Bush or Gore so I voted for the Libertarian Party's Candidate Harry Browne.
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM
No, and I probably never will (vote for a third-party candidate) for the following reasons:
1) They're demagogic by nature: They try to attract voters by tapping into their discontent and emotional reactions. Thus they are very negative.
2) Their solutions are often too simplistic: "If people only did this or that, all problems would go away" type of thing. Everything is 'black and white'.
3) They're too often extremist--far left or far right (communists or anarchists).
4) They and their followers frequently hold to the "throw the bums out mentality", which is so all-encompassing to not be realistic. Not everyone in government is corrupt. Re-elect the good ones, throw out the bums...would be more realistic.
5) They're too often "one-issue" people. If they fix that problem, what then? What're they gonna do about other problems?
11-10-2006, 02:45 AM
11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
If I didn't vote Democratic I'd probably vote Third Party or Independent. I do agree though that third party candidates can sometimes be on the fringes and they want sweeping reform right away.
vBulletin v3.5.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.