PDA

View Full Version : Commercials

JoPol_wannabe
05-05-2001, 01:10 AM
What is the funniest or stupiest commercial you've ever seen?

The Commercial I saw was for this Potty Putter, it's a green mate that goes around your toilet and it has a golf hole so you can practice your putts while you are going potty. I saw this with my dad and my brother and after 5 seconds of the commercial we were all lughing and after it my brother was like boy they have some stupied things they sell and what's even worse is that there are people out there that actually buy them.

Meg07945
05-05-2001, 01:16 AM
ummmm..the one with the GIJoes wearing barbie costumes (I think its for fed ex) also that one with the brick that is a baby doll...i dont know!!
for stupidest: all the local commericals!! They are all stupid..theres this one for this resturant, but there is like 4 of them and it goes "each one is delishusly (sp?) different!" sooo annoying!! lol i can't spell!

------------------
~Meg~
*Opportunity does not knock, and then ring the doorbell, and then knock again, and then leave a note that says, "Sorry I missed you" and then call you on the phone.*
Stephanie: Nice move. Did you make that up
Tony: Yeah, well I saw it on TV first, then I made it up.

The T
05-05-2001, 11:20 AM
I hate those commercials where the dorky guy comes in the phone store and goes "I would like to buy a phone....a cellular phone" "Here try this one...it's cool" "This one's cool too, hold it up to your ear...see? ya look cool" GRRR and that new one! "Are you sure u wanna change ur calling plan? Maybe u aren't used to it" I HATE THEM!!!!!

The Britney spears pepsi commercial is WAAAAAAAYYYY over played as well.

The T

LaverneShirley
05-05-2001, 12:35 PM
The stupidest? Well, excluding all Adelphia cable ones, which are crap, and the ones for Toots restaurant... I'm gonna have to say all those insurance commercials with people on the phone saying "I was relying on the insurance money to pay for the funeral, and all I got was $500!".

The saddest commercial I've ever seen was the crying iron commercial. I mean, the little iron was just sitting in front of the washer CRYING. It really choked me up....

------------------
Shirley: Well, Laverne is sort of childish
Laverne: Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat?
Shirley: At least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!
Laverne: Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!

Michael: At what time was I born, Mother?
Mrs. Darling: Why, you were born at two o'clock in the nighttime, Dearest
Michael: Oh Mother, I hope I didn't wake you!

The T
05-05-2001, 09:15 PM
oh! And apple-jacks commercials!! THEY SUCK!

The T

Blair706+Jorox
05-05-2001, 10:08 PM
The stupidest I've everseen is 1 of the cheese commercials where that little girl's like 'daddy, can I have some cheese?'and she's like 'this is my friend mr. giggles, he wants a piece, too.'& her dad was like 'well, Mr. Giggles, why don't you go get a job?' and Mr. Giggles is expected to be an imaginary friend but he's just invisible & picks her dad up and throws him out the door & her mom comes home and she's like 'oh, I see you've met Mr. Giggles.'

Jo_Polniaczek
05-05-2001, 10:16 PM
My fav is Roto Rooter...

Call Roto Rooter that's the name, and away those troubles down the drain. Roto Rooter!

Meg07945
05-05-2001, 10:54 PM
another bad one: the Rockaway bedding one! "rock rock rock rockaway bedding rock rock rock rockaway bedding rock rock rock rockaway bedding!!" worst one!!

Blair706+Jorox
05-06-2001, 12:43 PM
Oh, yeah, & that 1 where those guys r playing poker & 1 of them bets $1 and 1 of them's like 'that can't save ya a lot' & another guy's like 'yes it can. If u call(some #) it can save u a buck.' & every1 else is like 'I'm out!'
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gifdoody http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

JoPol_wannabe
05-09-2001, 12:25 AM
There is this one commercial that I think is funny. Terry Bradshaw is in it and he is at this resturant and he is like I'm hungry and he gets this little piece of fish and at the end he tells the waiter you forgot to cook this. I love that one

PomeranzFan1
05-10-2001, 06:18 PM
Ads I can't stand include Cleo the Psychic, and the one in which little kids drive around in little toy cars to the tune of the Pointer Sisters' tune "I'm So Excited" (I HATE THAT SONG!).

Me,Myself and I
05-10-2001, 06:46 PM
The stacker2 commercial with that fat guy singing to a lady washing a car then he jumped into a bath tub...

Brett Ferino
09-02-2001, 08:11 PM
My favorite commercial is this:

"I'm falling and I can't get up"

I have to go leak! See ya

- BJF

Brett Ferino
09-02-2001, 08:18 PM
Here is mine:
It was for Orange Juice back in 1991. A man named Tim's grandma was upstairs and Tim got the OJ out of the fridge and Grandma said "Tim, dont drink that out of the container". Tim does it anyway.

Anyone remember back around the late 80s-early 90s those Glade Potpuri commercisl:
"Howd you get those flowers in the air, glade popturi is fresh as the air". As I recall, it featured some kids playing with leaves standing out of nowhere and I also remember where it ends:

"Nothin's Potpuri like Glade!"

I just shat. I think I have to go again. I may have diarrhea.

See ya later. And remember
"Nothin's Potpuri Like Glade!"

See ya - BJF

DJM77
09-02-2001, 10:21 PM
I like the Mountain Dew commercial where that guy is in the mountains butting heads with a ram.

I hate the KFC commercial where Jason Alexander is bragging about his bucket of chicken.

nancysbiggestfan
09-02-2001, 10:27 PM
Has anyone here saw any of those NASCAR "how bad have you got it" commercials?

Like this one they are in bed and a vehicle is started up outside and they open up the window so they can hear it.

Or the one where the whole family climbs out of the car window like nascar drivers.

------------------
²Tiffany²

LYLAS or LYLAB
Peace Out!

Teddy: Hey, I'm making you an offer you can't refuse.

Jinny: Look, you know who I am, OK? You know who my family is. Why do you even wanna be with me at all?
Teddy: Because, I love you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jinny: Basically, people are who people are. Your born, you die pretty much the same person. All the rest is just window dressing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D&R
09-03-2001, 06:56 AM
I hate the one that begins with, "Are you near a phone? Do you know how to take down a number? Then call some stupid Life Insurance Co.". I always yell out No.

------------------
;) Have a nice day ;)

iwannabeanExstead/McKeon
09-03-2001, 10:15 AM
i dunno if it's just a business in North Caronlina or not but it's a Nelson & Nelson Chiropractic(sp?) commercial, it goes, "Nelson & Nelson Chiropractic Center, we care for YOU!" n wheneva i see dat commercial, i yell at da TV, "STOP PLAYIN THAT STUPID ASS COMMERCIAL" lol, even tho i cant hear me

ttyl, lylas n lylab, http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/wave.gif

------------------
~Jamie M. AKA Jinny Exstead

yaw might remember me as NancyMcKeonsnum1fan4life
on here

please visit muh site at: Jamie's fan site for the BEST actress in the world, Nancy McKeon!!! (http://www.jamies-nancy-mckeon-site.cityslide.com/contents/contents.cfm/780316)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
please e-mail or IM me at:
Jamiegirl2006@aol.com
WishiniwasNancyM@aol.com
NancyMcKeonfan4L@aol.com
or NancyMcKeonfan2001@yahoo.com

ISmellFine
09-03-2001, 12:11 PM
My favorite commercial is that one where's there's this lady. She's in her Gi (karate uniform) and she's sparring against these two guys. At the end of the commercial, she walks out of the dojo and pulls out one of those stick things that blind people use. Whe I saw that I was like, "Yeah!!! You go girl!" Sparring is hard enough as it is...she was kicking their asses and she was blind!!! OMG I love that! And I like that Gap kids commercial where the girls are doing their karate moves...

------------------
--Kaley Jinny Exstead--

On April 24, 2008, Dana and I are going to meet in LA and handcuff ourselves to Nancy McKeon and Jay Harrington, and you're not. Ahahaha!

Jinny: Oh, come on, folks, please, don't be shy. Apparently anyone is welcome to crap all over me tonight, so please, step right on up!

Kaley: There were about 500 mexicans with about 500 kids a peice there...
Dana: All mexican people have 500 kids... Take everyone in my family for example...

Check out my Nancy McKeon Supersite (http://www.angelfire.com/stars2/NancyMcKeon)!

ILuvJo&Blair
09-04-2001, 10:35 PM
I think the dumbest commercials are the Ms. Cleo ones. There is absolutley no way in hell she can tell your future or whatever over the phone. That's just a bunch of crap, and it nothin but a rip off and I can't stand her voice it's so annoying.

Brett Ferino
12-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Sorry I'm bringing up a post from two years ago, but I really like the topic. That's ok though.

Does anyone know the commercial I'm talking about with the Orange Juice and "Tim, don't drink out of that container"!

Another one I remember was when about 4 or 5 years ago where there was this Simmons Beauty Mattress Commercial. It featured a couple watching a previous Simmons ad (with bowling pins on bed). Anyway, John and Katy are laying on the bed. John stands up and he tries to ask Katy if they have a Simmons beauty rest. She says "We don't". John gets up and falls on the bed. And she goes up in the air! Pretty funny!

How about the Detrol LA ads? Where Alaina Reed of 227 andSesame Street plays the crossing guard who says "I gotta go, now! Stop!!!!! I like the one in court and on the golf course. But Alaina Reed is just plain funny!

How about the Immodium AD one where dad is burried in the sand @ a beach and is laying there shivering saying "I'm outta here!" or something like that since he has diarrhea.. The one with Santa Claus on the chimney stopping since he has diarrhea is histerical.

sweetsuga
12-31-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JoPol_wannabe
What is the funniest or stupiest commercial you've ever seen?

The Commercial I saw was for this Potty Putter, it's a green mat that goes around your toilet and it has a golf hole so you can practice your putts while you are going potty. I saw this with my dad and my brother and after 5 seconds of the commercial we were all lughing and after it my brother was like boy they have some stupied things they sell and what's even worse is that there are people out there that actually buy them.

I saw that commercial and thought it was a joke! That has to be the stupidest thing ever advertised!:rolleyes:

Stormtracker TF
01-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Blair706+Jorox
The stupidest I've everseen is 1 of the cheese commercials where that little girl's like 'daddy, can I have some cheese?'and she's like 'this is my friend mr. giggles, he wants a piece, too.'& her dad was like 'well, Mr. Giggles, why don't you go get a job?' and Mr. Giggles is expected to be an imaginary friend but he's just invisible & picks her dad up and throws him out the door & her mom comes home and she's like 'oh, I see you've met Mr. Giggles.'
Ha. I remember that one, I laughed when I saw him get trown out the door for the first time! :lol: :crazy:

Originally posted by Brett Ferino
My favorite commercial is this:

"I'm falling and I can't get up"

LOL I love that one, it's OLD! I remember seeing that one for the first time in like 1991..But it's older than that! it's from the 80's, but still to this day, plays!

Christopher
01-01-2003, 01:06 AM
I don't know about anyone else but there was this one commerical that made me sad to watch. It was one of those commercials for Zip Lock Bags, it aired a few years ago, and it showed 2 bags with a talking gold fish in each one, of course they weren't real but still, one of the bags was leaking and the fish looked so sad because he was losing water and the other fish was like "wow don't you wish you had a Zip Lock bag to keep you safe" and I'm like "**** you you stuck up fish" OK yeah I had too much sugar today but still I hate that commercial because it makes me really sad to see it, I feel sorry for that fish thats losing water. :lol: I'm glad they stopped airing it.

:)

#1_Nancy_McKeon
01-01-2003, 04:13 AM
LOL, This is a fun topic.

I love the one that used to be on Animal Planet. This guy has I think it was a goat and his dog laying across the living room from him kinda near the TV, and he is watching some program as he eats a hotdog. For some reason he gasps in from something he sees and the hotdog is stuck in his throat and he, of course, starts grabbing at his throat because he is choking. One of his dogs that is laying beside him looks at him funny then the goat runs across the room and head buts him in the stomach making the hotdog fly from his mouth and the dog on the other side of the room jumps up and catches it. LOL Then he gives him a thumbs up... hahah it's great

Oh and there is another I saw last year around Christmas time... It has a man sitting by the fire with some children sitting around him and he is telling Christmas stories and he is like... "On Comet, on Cupid, on Dawner...............and mittens?
((Flashes to what it's advertising then at the end flashes back to the man by the fire))
Man: *looks confused* There wasn't really a bowl full of jelly!!

^^ LOL That one still cracks my brother and I up... He really emphasized when he said 'mittens'...and it was as if he was asking a question... It's fantastic! hahaha

fr00ti
01-01-2003, 04:27 AM
The one in california for At&t where the guy was like "HEY 2 to 3!!!" about the internet use in the family. OH MY GOD that was soooooo funny.:lol:

blackbeard
01-01-2003, 09:15 AM
I agree with a poster above about Ms. Cleo and all the others like her. If they are so good they should know when to call me if they think I need their services. I'm still waiting for my first call.

*Melissa*
01-01-2003, 09:56 AM
There's this Kia commercial that's been airing lately that had a holiday theme to it (which means they probably won't air it anymore). It had people dressed as a reindeer and a snowman at a car dealership, and they were all dancing around looking like idiots. The thing about this commercial that made me laugh though was the sales monkey. When everyone was dancing around, the monkey was standing up and looking so happy and excited. Then when everyone was basically told to stop dancing around like morons, the monkey looked so depressed. I think it was cute.

AnaheimPMWitch
01-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Slayer Faith
There's this Kia commercial that's been airing lately that had a holiday theme to it (which means they probably won't air it anymore). It had people dressed as a reindeer and a snowman at a car dealership, and they were all dancing around looking like idiots. The thing about this commercial that made me laugh though was the sales monkey. When everyone was dancing around, the monkey was standing up and looking so happy and excited. Then when everyone was basically told to stop dancing around like morons, the monkey looked so depressed. I think it was cute. ooh I LOVE that Commercial
For me I Love just about ALLLLL the Sprint Commercials not only is the Sprint guy FUNNY but hes HOT too :D anywho I think My FAVES though are the one with the Monkey with a Cold.... ".... She brings me a MONKEY with a Cold" and the super hero one I Love the girls line "so what.. You just go around in that suit helping people" and his line "Thats what I do"

Rockapella722
01-01-2003, 04:37 PM
There's too many to even single one out...

Brian Damage
01-01-2003, 04:58 PM
I hate the GAP commercial where these models are all dancing and singing the song "Love Train." There supposed to be models, yet when I look at them, I think they're ugly as sin. I mean eat a pork chop for crying out loud!

AnaheimPMWitch
01-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
I hate the GAP commercial where these models are all dancing and singing the song "Love Train." There supposed to be models, yet when I look at them, I think they're ugly as sin. I mean eat a pork chop for crying out loud! Oh I know I LOVE GAP but their commercials SUCK big time

Hollow
01-01-2003, 05:40 PM
The recent old navy commercials are gay. Do they really expect their industry to improve by annoying the hell outta every1?

I like the commercial w/ mr. dumass. lol.

AnaheimPMWitch
01-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Kelly Osbourne
The recent old navy commercials are gay. Do they really expect their industry to improve by annoying the hell outta every1?

I like the commercial w/ mr. dumass. lol. oh Yeah thats a good one too hehe

Brian Damage
01-01-2003, 06:20 PM
I hate all Calvin Klein commercials!