PDA

View Full Version : This is probably the reason why none of the other Friends characters appeared on the

TVFactFan
07-10-2006, 12:07 PM
show as a guest. I think it had a lot to do with the setting of the show, the fact that it was in California the writers would have had to come up with a way of explaining why a certain Friends character was in California. If the show was set in NYC it would have been a lot easier for one of them to appear on the show

Rachel3118
07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I guess that makes sense, but they could have easily made the charector's want to visit Joey. I think making it in California instead of New York may have been a way of avioding guest appearances. I think they did it to show that Joey was it's own show and that it wasn't Friends. If the friends charectors came people would just want Friends back.

TVFactFan
07-11-2006, 11:28 PM
I guess that makes sense, but they could have easily made the charector's want to visit Joey. I think making it in California instead of New York may have been a way of avioding guest appearances. I think they did it to show that Joey was it's own show and that it wasn't Friends. If the friends charectors came people would just want Friends back.

One Friend I couldn't see making a guest appearance is Phebe

televisionfan
08-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I think that the Series Finale should have been where Joey and Alex get married and Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, and Phoebe should come out.

BuddyHinton
08-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Why couldn't any Friends cast member visit Joey on a vacation? They weren't prisoners of NYC.

Dr. Thong
08-27-2006, 01:03 PM

I believe that is why it didn't happened. I know I read somewhere that their would be no Friends character cameos during the first season so that Joey's new show could establish itself and stand on its own.

Dr. Thong
08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
One Friend I couldn't see making a guest appearance is Phoebe

Huh??

I think Phoebe would have fit right in with the California crowd. In fact, it probably should have been her that moved to California. She could have started her own massage business and gotten into all sorts of trouble.

Brian Damage
08-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't think the locale had anything to do with it. If Joey did reach a season 3, I am sure a "Friend" would've appeared.

Rosslover
08-28-2006, 04:22 PM
If you had Phoebe on, you wouldn't have to have any explanations since Mike was a late character...no real ties...but if you would have had on one of the other characters...example if Jennifer made an appearance...everyone would want to know what happened to Ross and her and if Matthew would have everyone would have thought him and Monica split up...

MEGAN MULLALLY ....2006 winner...Will and Grace...we will remember you

puertaazul
08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
I think that they could have had Joey make a trip to NY for somekind of project that he had gotten...but, I just don't think any of the actors were interested in being on the show since it wasn't doing very well.

Wonder if the Friends reunion will ever happen?!

jkalen
09-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I think all of them could have been on Joey for some reason, but the show had to make it alone first. To me it did, I love it, but.. well well..

puertaazul
09-05-2006, 11:38 AM
It never really caught me, like Friends did. I think LeBlanc did a good job, but the supporting characters never really drew you in, so that may have been what killed the show.

TJL
09-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I think the producers of "Joey" wanted to avoid having a cameo from a "Friends" character early on because:

A. It would have looked like they were desperate for ratings by having a mini "Friends" reunion the first seaon of thier new spinoff series.

B. They wanted to give Joey's new supporting players a chance to establish thier place in the series.

Of course, now we'll never know if the old gang from New York would have visited Joey in L.A.

;)

Dr. Thong
09-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I think the producers of "Joey" wanted to avoid having a cameo from a "Friends" character early on because:

A. It would have looked like they were desperate for ratings by having a mini "Friends" reunion the first seaon of their new spinoff series.

B. They wanted to give Joey's new supporting players a chance to establish their place in the series.

Of course, now we'll never know if the old gang from New York would have visited Joey in L.A.

;)

You got it.;)

puertaazul
09-06-2006, 03:43 PM
B. They wanted to give Joey's new supporting players a chance to establish thier place in the series.

;)

But I think that this is what the problem was...they never really established themselves!

TJL
09-06-2006, 04:40 PM
But I think that this is what the problem was...they never really established themselves!

Yeah, and bringing in the new guy in season two wasn't a good idea either.

BuddyHinton
09-07-2006, 10:42 AM

A. It would have looked like they were desperate for ratings by having a mini "Friends" reunion the first seaon of thier new spinoff series.

1. They should have been desperate. TV is a business it isn't a matter of "pride". It would have helped Friends fans who didn't watch the show maybe give it a chance, and they may have saw how good the show was and kept watching.

2. ONE cameo by even ONE Friend wouldn't have changed that in the least.

It was a mistake anyway you slice it not have a cameo in there. They should have had ONE cameo in Season One nearer the middle when it floundered and maybe a three episode story arc in Sason 2.