View Full Version : was this mystery ever on UM

sugarbaby
05-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't know if any of you are familiar with this one, but I was not sure if it was on UM or not, but just curious. I am from Oregon so I definately remember it and I went to high school with the guy's younger brother.

Tyronne Theis was wanted in Oregon for (I think) Oregon's 1st triple murder. I think it happend like 10 years ago. He was a former employee of the leathers oil co. gas station and I think he got fired. So he came back and robbed the place and shot execution style the 3 employees working there that night. The police thought he fled to Mexico and I don't believe they ever caught him. Ring any bells?? It stuck with me because he went to the same hs as I did.

Kane
05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I recall that it was featured on UM during the show's "special bulletin" segment, probably during the 1995-96 season. It has also been profiled on America's Most Wanted.

I did some digging, and found some articles about the case; the most recent one that I could find is from 2004. He was still on the loose, and probably still is.

Indeed, some speculate that Tyrom Thies is dead. But the police are skeptical, and, I'm sure, will remain so until he is found (alive or otherwise).

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=49551

http://www.theoutlookonline.com/article/2017

Twig
04-17-2007, 04:50 AM
You see, I was on the Grand Jury that indicted him and later, the 2 people implicated with him. I still have the newspaper story on it and dreams of the crime scene and autopsy pics of those 3 poor women.

Anderson (the driver) gave a disposition and after leaving the room the detective asked if we thought he was being truthful. After a resounding no from us all he was later arrested on our word mostly. Then, 2....3 days later he hung himself in jail.

Is Tyrone still alive? As an intimate character in that horror story one of my wishes is to get closure on that before I die.

Maybe then the pictures of those 3 women, laying head to head to head in that massive pool of blood and those 3 pics....autopsy...a single gunshot to the back of the head in each one... will go away.

Today, Virginia Tech had the bloodiest rampage in US history with 33 dead and dozens wounded brought that to the front of my thinking again along with the other mystery, killing/suicide in my life. The murder of Brian Massey by John Holbrook, a janitor at the University of Portland back in 1981(?). Who then put one gun to his heart and 1 to his head.

I was Johns co-worker in the engineering building and 1 of his very few friends. I was one of those that had to clean up the blood afterwards. Even I had and still have no clue.

Ya know, you never forget that smell.

Thanks for letting me vent this on my first post and may God accept the poor people who died today for no reason other than one mans rage.

Peace,
Rev. R. Twig Jones
PDX OR>

crystaldawn
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting Twig. Yes I couldn't believe the horror of that shooting today and I'm sorry at the trauma you must have experienced of cleaning up the crime scene of that other shooting you mentioned.

As far as Tyrone Walter Thiess I have that special alert on tape. I must say I am suprised he is still missing as I don't believe Lifetime ever aired that one, at least I don't remember it. You would think if he was still on the run they would continue to air it. On the flip side though I wouldn't be suprised if he too committed suicide shortly after the crime, like his accomplice.

1990 UM fan
04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Why was he fired anyways? For a young, handsome guy, he could've had alot going for him, but sadly decided to end 3 innocent women's lives. If he did flee to Mexico, I doubt he lasted long as sometimes Caucasians aren't welcome there, especially in the drug scene. He could've ended up murdered himself, or committed suicide to avoid bein captured. What a waste.

WishfulDreamer
07-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I really hope something else has caught up to him since the authorities haven't; people like this should not be out in the streets. I have to wonder if he was fired for his behavior at the job and maybe there was animosity between him and those employees? Or blamed them for him being fired? Still a horrible reason to kill them when he could have just left with the money and left them to live. I hope he's caught and soon.

Kane
08-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Have there been any updates on this case?

None. In fact, he is still listed as wanted at the America's Most Wanted web site.

1990 UM fan
08-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Here's the age progression composite they made of him:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549517_429733773744117_609162613_n.jpg