PDA

View Full Version : weird injurys and stuff

Me,Myself and I
05-09-2001, 07:28 PM
What's the weirdest,or worst injury you've had. Mine was when I was like,3 and I was giving myself a shampoo with sand,I got some in my eye and got sell-you-light-us (I know thats spelled wrong ) it was really serious I had to get 2 shots in my legs. I also got a 2 inch splinter in my butt ,how about you?

callmetootie
05-09-2001, 07:33 PM
Me and my brother were jumping on the bed, and my brother did one big jump, and I fell off the bed, hit the corner of the wall, and cracked my head. I was bleeding all over the place, but I got 7 stitches, and it went away.

------------------
Andrew Carden

nancysbiggestfan
05-09-2001, 07:38 PM
When i was 9 or 10 i broke my leg not cracked it broke it. i had a cast put on it.

------------------
~~<nancysbiggestfan>~~

Nancy and Jo and Jinny Rules!!

The Wrong Woman on Lifetime @ 2:00 eastern time May 12

Please visit my site @
http://www.justfor-nancymckeonfans.cityslide.com

Big Dream: To meet Nancy McKeon!!!

LaverneShirley
05-09-2001, 07:44 PM
Um... mine's kinda funny, actually. At my old house, our neighbor had a really steep driveway that was fun to ride bikes down. Well, when I was about 5 or 6, my sister and I sat on a skateboard together and rolled down. Only I fell off and scraped my arm really, really bad. You can still KINDA see where it was, it's a little redder than the rest of my skin, but I have naturally kinda red skin so it's not too noticeable. So far I haven't had any injuries where I had to go to the hospital.

------------------
Shirley: Well, Laverne is sort of childish
Laverne: Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat?
Shirley: At least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!
Laverne: Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!

Michael: At what time was I born, Mother?
Mrs. Darling: Why, you were born at two o'clock in the nighttime, Dearest
Michael: Oh Mother, I hope I didn't wake you!

ILuvJo&Blair
05-09-2001, 07:54 PM
Well, mine ic kind of like callmetooite's but when i was about 4 me and my brother where jumping on the bed and i wanted to do a back flip, so he fliped me up in the air and he thought i was going to land on my feet but instead i landed straight on my head and hairline fractured my neck. I swear i have never done any sort of flip since. Then another one is when i got hit in the head with a metal hammer and it made a small deep hole in my forhead and i had to get like 50 stiches; and i was also hit by a car when i was 8 but i don't remember to much about that except for i was crossing the streetand someone shouted don't cross but i was already in the middle of the street. And i was at a tournament inside the rose boll and this girl tried to get the ball from me and instead of kicking the ball she kicked my shin and she broke it like an ass she is http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ILuvJo&Blair (edited 05-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ILuvJo&Blair (edited 05-13-2001).]

ks
05-09-2001, 08:52 PM
I was sitting in the dugout during a ball game and some girl picked up a bat and swung it as hard as she could--nailed me right in the temple. I was knocked out cold and don't really remember anything. We had one inning left in the game however so I convinced the coach to let me finish. Then I visited good ole' doc and my parents did let me sleep that inght to make sure I didn't go into a comma.

The stupidest thing I have ever heard ask was the girl after she hit me... she asked did it hurt. That's the last thing I remember. I was out cold!

ks

hockeychiC518
05-09-2001, 10:00 PM
hmmm good question.. one time i was stung by a bee on my middle finger and my finger puffed up sooo much! i was in chrous once and i fell down the stairs(i triped my self) and spraned my wrist and then at camp i tripped over a root and fell and hit my head hard on the ground and it stared to bleed

------------------
Jinny: See I know people too, dont screw with me

~*~*~Go Red Soxs~*~*~

Joanna Marie_1
05-12-2001, 12:57 AM
You are gonna laugh soooooo hard! I was at the gas station and i took the gas gun thang and pointed at my head and pulled the trigger and gas gushed out all over me! It sucked cuz they had to strip me naked in the gas station(I was only like 6)!!!!!! Then when I got to the hospital they had to get the gas out of my eyes and ears! They put water tubes in my eyes! That suked! I still haven't lived that one down and prolly never will!

------------------
(After the fake motorcycle accident)
Jo:My head hurtz a lil
Nat: A Concusion!!!!!!
Jo's dad:The doctor examined her head and found nothing!
Blair:Not even a lil bit of straw!

FOLrocks1
05-12-2001, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by LaverneShirley:
Um... mine's kinda funny, actually. At my old house, our neighbor had a really steep driveway that was fun to ride bikes down. Well, when I was about 5 or 6, my sister and I sat on a skateboard together and rolled down. Only I fell off and scraped my arm really, really bad. You can still KINDA see where it was, it's a little redder than the rest of my skin, but I have naturally kinda red skin so it's not too noticeable. So far I haven't had any injuries where I had to go to the hospital.

That's exactly what happened to me, my right elbow

------------------
Jo: Here's to all who wish me well, all the rest can go to...Jersey.

Mrs. G: Jo, only twice in my life have i spoke in an arbitrary manner, once when my ex-husband morgaged our home to pay the bookee, and now, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, OR I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY FRYING PAN.

Check out all my fan fictions: It's A Warner Thing, A New Face In Peekskill, Back In Town
and Those Dreadful Double Dates.
WEB SITE:
www.geocities.com/stooge321/T.html

*Jacob*

BlairW_1
05-12-2001, 12:30 PM
When I was 2, I was eating, and bit all the way through my toungue! According to my mom, the tip was hanging from a little thread. I can still feel a huge scar inside my mouth... And, this happened last August. About a month before, I had gotten a motorcycle, and got pretty good at riding around. Then, in August, I got a helmet for it. I started riding down the road, then hit a rock, and the motorcycle flipped over on me. The ironic thing was that it didn't go anywhere near my head, but it gave me 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns on my leg... I crack up every time I think about it!

------------------
In loving memory of Mrs. Delia Gray...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

"For the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." Psalms 100:5

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17

~*Danielle*~

Joanna Marie_1
05-12-2001, 01:17 PM
Oh yea I have another one as if the gas station thing wasn't bad enough when I was 4 I was sitting at the top of the stairs eating skittles and I got a purple skittle(my fave skittle)! Well, I was about to eat it when I just rolled down the stairs doing like somersaults and such...I broke my arm and they were asking me all these questions like were my parents beating me and I was like no all I wanted was a purple skittle! My dad got really nervouswhen they asked me that cuz they werent beating me and if i said they were then they would hafta go to jail http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/frown.gif!!!!!!!!

------------------
(After the fake motorcycle accident)
Jo:My head hurtz a lil
Nat: A Concusion!!!!!!
Jo's dad:The doctor examined her head and found nothing!
Blair:Not even a lil bit of straw!

Jo_Polniaczek
05-12-2001, 02:52 PM
ok, this was last summer...My cousin had me building a tree house for her in the woods. (How dumb, I wore a t-shirt...Well, like I was supposed to know she was gonna make me make a tree house) EVery thing was going fine, until one of those tree's attacked me! lol, it snagged my arm. They wanted to take me to the ER, but I refused. (Eh, they had already done enough!) And it didn't heal until around December...LoL, I still have a scar..

[This message has been edited by Jo_Polniaczek (edited 05-12-2001).]

Caraisdabest_Jo
05-12-2001, 04:01 PM
one time i was like three and my brother was five and we were fighting on the top of my basement steps and he kicked me and i went flyin under the banister and hit my chin off the cement i didnt even fall down any steps or hit the banister lol i went right under it.

------------------
*~*~*~CARA~*~*~*

Love The Facts Of Life
05-12-2001, 05:37 PM
Well I have tunes and scares and stuff but last summer we went camping I was on my scotter and thought I would go down this REALLY steep hill so I did and of course crashed and banged up my knee it never really healed cause it was right on my knee so it could'nt scab up cause I was always bending it.Then this September we went back with my friend and we did the same thng and I crashed agian but I was on rollorblades.

Then when me and my cousin were little we were over out his house and his roof leans over and you can climb up and sit on it so we were up there and he jumped off and broke his arm but somehow I landed on the tramalene perfect jump http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

joblairtootnatmrs.g
05-13-2001, 04:50 PM
I hate trampolines. When I was 5 I fell off of it and broke my arm. Then just this past summer I was jumping with my sisters friend and broke both bones in the same arm as the last time. They had to put screws in my arm. Every time I bring that up to someone they always hold their arm and say EEEWWW. But the worst part is this winter I might have to go back and get the screws taken out but the scar from the 1st time hasn't gone away yet.

Cokies
05-13-2001, 05:35 PM
A couple years ago, my sister tossed a Cortaid stick( I repeat: A dinky little Cortaid stick) at me, and it gave me a fat black eye.

------------------
"It was just like Saturday Night Fever, only it was a Friday."

HerDaddy
05-13-2001, 07:57 PM
the time I stepped on a toothpick and it jammed into my big toe really deep was weird and incredibly painful...........or the time I got my thumb locked in the minivan sliding door was pretty bad.........or the time i got unexplainable symmetrical hives popping out all over my body for a few days,,, went to the dermatologist with no explanation

lesliem14
05-14-2001, 12:26 AM
My injuries are all sport related because that's what I spend most of my life doing!

About 3 years ago in a softball game I was playing first. There was a fly ball and i went to catch it. The only problem is that I had not played under lights for a few years and lost the ball in the light. It came right down on my face and I had a fat lip and cheek for about a week.

I'm also an expert at finding holes while running, stepping in them, and twisting my ankle. The latest was last January at crew practice where I hobbled all the way back to campus and was sent to sports med. For the next few days instead of running I was sent to the exercise bikes so I couldn't hurt my ankle further. It sucked.

coily2
05-14-2001, 08:51 AM
OK, I dominate this topic, hands down!!! My friends are always teasing me that I should write a book about all my weird injuries I have had. These are just the highlights of some of the more painful and odd injuries.

Warning: Many of these injuries occurred after consuming large quantities of alcohol. Do not attempt to hurt yourself this way at home, as I should have been injured more seriously.

- Broken arm in a high school soccer game when I was having a tantrum, spiked the soccer ball in the face of the very heavy goalie on the opposing team, and she fell on top of me, breaking my arm in 3 places (ouch).

- Three broken fingers on right hand when I used to play catcher in softball and caught a foul tip in an unfavorable way

- Sprained ankle after falling down 2 flights of stairs, drunk.

- 10 stitches in the jaw after a very unfortunate drunken sledding accident in college involving stolen cafeteria trays and a very mean looking parking meter

- Broke my tailbone this past feburary in a snowboard crash

- Broke my ankle last summer stage diving at a concert

- I wiped out on my motorcycle once and scraped off all the skin on the back of one of my thighs. Not that bad of an injury for a motorcycle crash, but I'm putting it here because scrapes hurt more than broken bones any day

And the granddaddy of all weird, painful injuries (please skip this one if you are at all squiemish):

- Getting poked in the eye with a dart (don't ask, long story that makes me look pretty stupid)

ILuvJo&Blair
05-14-2001, 08:38 PM
I forgot to add that i jumped down the stairs coming from P.E last year and broke my ankle.

Lynn
05-18-2001, 04:02 PM
This is not the worst injury Ive ever had but it is one of the dumbest. I was riding on an alpine slide and I was going really fast. I realized I was going too fast so I put on the brakes, but I did it too quickly and I was on a curve so I tipped over. I then continued sliding without the sled under me and burned all the skin on my leg (like a really bad rug burn) very painful!!

The T
05-18-2001, 09:01 PM
ok....I wasn't gonna post this until I read Joanna_marie1 and Cokies' posts...lol...I just gotta tease you guys...When I was like 6 I saw a nail stickin out of all this wood that my parents had taken off the house or something like that, and I figured that I could step on it, and for some reason would go through the bottom of the wood...well, it went through the bottom of my FOOR instead...not fun!

Then, I was about ten, and I was at a family camp...anyway, we were playing "rocket ball" which is like a long box that you throw pool balls to knock the other guys' balls off...well they were really old so they were all splintery and I went to throw a ball with this "Special" throw, and my pinky jammed into the side of the wall, and a two inch long splinter jammed in between the nail and my finger. There was no way to get it out without hurtin me like heck, so I had to go to the hospital, no antistethic though! Weird...

The T