PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Boring Poll... (Take a look though!)

AlexzBonner
04-02-2001, 09:45 PM
Are you in band? If so, what instrument(s) do you play?

I play clarinet, marimba, some flute and trumpet, and 4 seven years this Sep. piano. I know, I know -- Oops! Almost got like Blair there!

------------------
^~^The Division^~^
T: You're in danger and I'm supposed to hide in the closet?
J: No, you're supposed to hide under the covers with me 'cause it's warmer! Come on!
~~<@ Kenzie @>~~

LaverneShirley
04-04-2001, 12:14 PM
Yep! I've been playing clarinet for 3 years! I started in percussion, but I SOOOOOO do not have rhythm. And I couldn't play the bells for beans. And since our school decided to get rid of the fifth grade band program the yera I was going into fifth grade, I didn't get started until sixth. And now I'll probably be playing for our new church orchestra. (It only has 8 people, lol)

------------------
"Well, Laverne is sort of childish" -Shirley

"Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!" -Laverne

"Well at least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!" -Shirley

"Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!" -Laverne

coily2
04-04-2001, 12:35 PM
I played piano as a kid. I doubt I could even find middle C anymore. I also played the flute and the guitar. Now, I just play the radio http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

Mossopp
04-04-2001, 05:00 PM
I play bass guitar. I used to be in a band but we broke up! http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/frown.gif

Mary Covey
04-04-2001, 06:07 PM
I'm not really in the school band, but I'm in the school orchestra. I play violin.

------------------
Always hoping for a change, always hoping for a return trip to the 80s.
Forget the Olsens, Jodie Sweetin is number 1. Long live Rick Schroder!

callmetootie
04-04-2001, 06:12 PM
When I was in 4th grade, I played the flute and the trombone for a while.

------------------
Andrew Carden

Cokies
04-04-2001, 07:13 PM
I can play the air guitar, and if I work real hard I can even play the air drums! ( taht was such a lame joke, I know...)
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"It was just like Saturday Night Fever, only it was a Friday."

PomeranzFan1
04-04-2001, 07:45 PM
I played flute when I was in Jr. High.

------------------
Balki: "Well, I'll be snookered!" ;)

Jo_Polniaczek
04-06-2001, 07:48 PM
I've played clarinet since last year, 5th grade. LOL, I'm workin in our workbook now..For all you peeps on 13-T, number 7 is interval..lol, okay, this proves I'm really bored...

------------------
~Jo
AIM-JoandNatRule
ICQ-38668978
Message me any time!
~3 things in life matter, FOL, The Division, and Mountain Dew!

joblairtootnatmrs.g
04-07-2001, 09:50 AM
I've played the clarinet since 5th grade and i learned how to play the piano a couple of years ago but my teacher thought me and my sister should quit.lol

------------------
Blair: Jo, I just want you to know that you and Eddie have my blessing.
Jo: Why thank you Blair, you know what that means to me...nothing!

Jo: Tootie would you stop that!
Tootie: Was that a yell?
Jo:Yes...maybe...probably...sorry.

Blair:Tell it to the frog.Go on, tell it to his face.You can't, can you.You know why?Because he doesn't have a face Tootie!

AlexzBonner
04-07-2001, 10:04 AM
Kewlies! I guess clarinets dominate once again! (Okay, that PROVES I'm in a "Blair" mood.) We have 28 clarinets in our band. It's good when we have melody, but when we have harmony Mrs. G (Our teacher.) has to keep going, "Shh! Trumpets have melody!" It's crazy in there sometimes!

------------------
^~^The Division^~^
J: No, you're supposed to hide under the covers with me 'cause it's warmer! Come on!
~~<@ Kenzie @>~~

Jo_Polniaczek
04-07-2001, 12:28 PM
haha, Mr. Stalker has to do that to us. Even though we only have 16 clarinets. LOL, sorry if I'm whining but we never get the melody!
See the songs we're playing are "Louie, Louie", "2 English dances", "The American Spirit", "Sax-o-matic", and " Prehistoric Suite. Their all cool songs but we don't get the melody! We never did either last year...LOL

AlexzBonner
04-07-2001, 02:29 PM
We're getting ready to go to a contest and clarinets have a solo ineach song we're playing! Actually, I have a solo cuz I'm the only one that's playing 1st clarinet. We're playing 'Jaguar' and 'I Like Mountain Music'. We have like a hole section to ourselves in 'Jaguar'. It's cool!

------------------
^~^The Division^~^
~~<@ Kenzie @>~~

LaverneShirley
04-07-2001, 03:40 PM
We're goping to contest in May! I always play first clarinet. Last year I had to fight my stand partner for first, but luckily this year my partner refuses to play first and always wants second. So, even though we're supposed to play a little of both, I never play second. We only have 10 clarinets in our band... it was 21, though. See, first semester 1st and 2nd period (both 8th grade) played together at concerts, this semester we have two seperate concerts. Anyway, for contest we're playing Pevensey Castle and Allied Honor. In Pevensey Castle, everybody has the melody at different parts, and the 1st clarinet melody is really cool. In Allied Honor (in cut time, ugh), 1st clarinet shares the melody with trumpets the entire time.

------------------
"Well, Laverne is sort of childish" -Shirley

"Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!" -Laverne

"Well at least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!" -Shirley

"Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!" -Laverne

A Gilligan Fan ss
04-08-2001, 08:30 PM
I also play the clarinet in my school band.I've been playing since 4th grade to now. I'm now in 6th grade. I also play the piano at home. I really like music. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

AlexzBonner
04-08-2001, 10:08 PM
Did you know that in an MTV servey 90% of people would rather give up food than music for a day? Now, that's what I call dedication

Warner520
04-09-2001, 05:51 PM
In elementary school, I played the clarinet. I also played the violin and the bells a year each. ("to expand my horizons...") I played the clarinet for about 3 years. I've always played the piano. I still do.

ILuvJo&Blair
05-12-2001, 08:59 PM
I've been playing the piano for 10 years almost and i was the only piano player in my whole junior high from 6-8th grade. Then I played the violin ever scince 7th grade and i used to play with a little group but now i just pravtice with them every once in a while.

NewsiesGurl229
05-12-2001, 09:03 PM
Clarinet, violin, cello, viola, double bass, flute, trumpet, percussion, and piano.

On that i'm first: Clarinet, violin, cello, viola, flute, and trumpet.

Those are just currently like lessons right now. I used to take lessons on (And still play) baritone, oboe, trombone, saxaphone (alto and tenor), and the basoon.

[This message has been edited by Hug-A-Tree (edited 05-12-2001).]

NancyJoJinny
05-12-2001, 09:33 PM
i played the piano for one year, the flute for 3 mounths, and the french horn for 1 day. I stopped playing the flute bacause it was boring and when my friends dad was dying in the hospital she yelled at my friend for forgetting her flute even though her dad was rushed off that morning. My freind kept playing and i got pissed and never came back... I never officially quit either, just never went back. With the Piano i was too busy. And with the french horn.... I.... Well, my lips were too big. Thats it.

------------------
Jinny: Who in the hell ARE YOU!?!?!

CD: I think its best if she talks to someone sober.
Jinny: Yep! Prob'ly a good idea.

Teddy: I dont know... it just seemed intamate.
Jinny: Intamate.... No... I sleep with him, but i sleep with all the guys in the division, just my way of breakin em in!
Teddy: Yeah sorry, none of my buissiness.
Jinny: Youre damn right.

NewsiesGurl229
05-12-2001, 11:51 PM
I may start French horn in 2 weeks! If I can get the instrument...I'm barrowing my friends cuz she doesn't play anymore!

JoPol_wannabe
05-13-2001, 12:28 AM
Well I was in Band and Jazz band, I played the trumpet from 5th grade till 12th grade and I also played the paino for 7yrs. Our Band got 1st place at our district music contest, well actually every year I went to the contest we got first.

JoPol_wannabe
05-13-2001, 12:29 AM
Well I was in Band and Jazz band, I played the trumpet from 5th grade till 12th grade and I also played the paino for 7yrs. Our Band got 1st place at our district music contest, well actually every year I went to the contest we got first. Sorry for the 2nd post.

[This message has been edited by JoPol_wannabe (edited 05-13-2001).]

joblairtootnatmrs.g
05-13-2001, 04:32 PM
Do any of you clarinet players ever get tired of trumpets? I do, the always have the melody and play to loud.(in my school band anyway) We had a contest a couple of weeks ago and the judges said that the clarinets should play louder but there are 28 of us and about 30 trumpets playing the loudest they can. And my teacher, Mrs. Cox, tries to give us a song were clarinets have hte melody but she said it is so hard to find one that has good parts for everybody. I play 1st clarinet but I never get any melody parts!

LaverneShirley
05-13-2001, 08:14 PM
Sometimes I do get tired when the band directors are always working with the trumpets (then again, us clarinets are so good he never has to tune us or go over things with us, lol), but not because the trumpets are loud. Because ours aren't... They're really good about backing off when other people have the melody. In fact, most of the time they don't play loud enough!

Jo_Polniaczek
05-13-2001, 10:28 PM
OMG, I get sooo bored when they do that! Of course that might be cause those trumpets can't tell and Ab from an A# (or whatever! lol) I even fell asleep once...and then those trumpets had to wake me up! geez

Slippery Dan
05-13-2001, 10:35 PM
I play the armpit.

BlairW_1
05-13-2001, 11:03 PM
Ok, I've played piano seven years, earning a gold cup from Westark College; trumpet for two years in the school band, earning Most Outstanding Trumpet for both years; picked up the bells, snare drum, clarinet, and flute; and can play most brass instruments, cuz of the trumpet experience. Kenzie (teddys_angel_jinny/AlexzBonner) and I figured out the Division theme song, and I get to play the suspended cymbol and sometimes Big Bertha (base drum) in it! hehee...

------------------
In loving memory of Mrs. Delia Gray...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

"For the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." Psalms 100:5

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17

~*Danielle*~

james_baby87
08-21-2002, 05:03 PM
I've played clarinet since 4th grade and I've been doing piano for 6 years

*Marilyn Monroe*
08-21-2002, 05:08 PM
I played clarinet for a really long time, but I quit the school band cuz it looked extremely boring. I also play the piano, which I love.

Titania
08-21-2002, 05:13 PM
wow...the clarinets really are in majority here....

I play flute, piccolo, and harp. Piccolo and flute in band, hrns winds, m. band, etc... harp in orchestra, hrns orchestra