PDA

View Full Version : The Disney Channel

Bluestone
05-08-2001, 12:05 PM
Did anyone else here used to watch that channel? Before it went bad, it used to be MY channel, early in the morning, with shows like "Adventures in Wonderland", "The Gummi Bears", and my favorite, "Under the Umbrella Tree". BUT THEY TOOK ALL THAT AWAY!!!! AND I WAS SO MAD!!!!
Anyway, did anyone else used to watch those shows? I would just be satisfied to know I wasn't the only one.

callmetootie
05-08-2001, 12:07 PM
Yrah, The Disney Channel has gone way downhill. They've turned into a 24 hour T.G.I.F it seems. I could only take TGIF for the 2 hours that it was on, so 22 more hours is like hell for me.

------------------
Andrew Carden

Madness
05-08-2001, 12:23 PM
Yes, Under the Umbrella Tree and how about Dumbo's Circus. Two great shows when I would be home sick from school!

nancysbiggestfan
05-08-2001, 01:20 PM
I loved Under the Umbrella Tree, and Dumbos Circus, The Gummie Bears, and Adventures in Wonderland.

THey really messed up when they took them off.

------------------
~~<nancysbiggestfan>~~

Nancy and Jo and Jinny Rules!!

The Wrong Woman on Lifetime @ 2:00 eastern time May 12

Please visit my site @
www.justfor-nancymckeonfans.cityslide.com

Big Dream: To meet Nancy McKeon!!!

Max Whittaker
05-08-2001, 05:48 PM
Ah..... Those were the days... Under the Umbrela Tree was great. Just like Space Cases only with a different charm. I don't watch Disney anymore. It's no good any more... http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/frown.gif

Mary Covey
05-08-2001, 07:27 PM
I know. I remember the afternoon lineup on Disney every weekend. The Baby-Sitters Club, Flash Forward, Ready Or Not, The Torkelsons, Ocean Girl, and Spellbound. And that was 1996! http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif
I watched those shows too. The Disney Channel is now dead. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Always hoping for a change, always hoping for a return trip to the 80s.
Forget the Olsens, Jodie Sweetin is number 1. Long live Rick Schroder!

Brett Ferino
05-08-2001, 08:38 PM
I liked "Welcome to Pooh Corner". I also liked others too!

Cokies
05-09-2001, 02:30 AM
I always never really liked The Disney Channel, I always thought Nickelodeon was better. But they've both gone down hill, so it doesn't really matter anymore... But yes I remember Under the Umbrella Tree. They used to show good movies on Disney as well...

------------------
"It was just like Saturday Night Fever, only it was a Friday."

Will and Grace Fanatic
05-28-2002, 12:53 AM
I use to watch it back then and I still do. But I wish they would take away all those commericals.

Mossopp
05-28-2002, 03:24 PM
When I was young I used to love 'Gummi Bears' and 'The Wuzzles'. I didn't have the Disney Channel at that time though so I watched both those shows on ITV1.
I've had The Disney Channel for nearly 4 years now and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever watched anything on it. It's a good thing I get it for free cos normally it costs a fortune and it's so not worth the subscription fee!

Lee
05-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Today's Disney Channel actually has some very interesting shows
and original movies. Has anybody seen Cadet Kelly? I give this
movie two thumbs up-their best original movie. I think they
ought to do a new original series featuring the characters from
the movie with Phylicia Rashad playing the new commandant.

InspectorExstead
05-28-2002, 10:34 PM
omg...i remember one day in 6th grade (about 3 yrs ago...) our channels switched and we no longer got disney channel. so we were disney channel-less for like a week. i couldn't stop crying because my fav show, growing pains, was on. even though i had seen every episode, i'd been watching for like 2 yrs...omg. i'd cry so hard like at lunch when my friend would say something that sounded like they said on the show. pathetic huh? anyway, after begging and pleading my dad we got disney channel. and then they started showing fewer episodes, and fewer, and fewer, until there was no more.....*sighs* thank god for fox family though. i dunno what i'd do without em....

but, i looved adventures in wonderland, the torkelsons, flash forward, and baby sitters club. i'd couldn't wait to get home and watch em. but, at least they have boy meets world now.

Montana Ponine
05-28-2002, 10:58 PM
Nah, I've never really liked the Disney Channel.... but thats just me. :D

TALLguyinKY
05-28-2002, 11:35 PM
Do they even show anything from the good ol' "Vault Disney" days anymore??? :confused:

As Disney as I am, I HATE it that I can't even watch a whole freakin' channel devoted to that passion of mine, cause I never see anything I wanna see! :(

"Donald Duck Presents", "Mickey Mouse Club", "Dumbo's Circus", "Under the Umbrella Tree", "Welcome to Pooh Corner", clips from classic movies between shows, old Walt Disney shows... *sigh*

Brian
06-02-2002, 07:00 PM
The only shows that I can barely remember from the old Disney days are Mousterpiece Theater and Danger Bay. I wish these shows would come back on sometime, especially Danger Bay. Todays kids don't know what they're missing.

AllIWantIsYourClutch
06-02-2002, 09:45 PM
I think it's pretty cool, but every other show is Boy Meets World.