PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy Returns

LaverneShirley
05-05-2001, 11:09 AM
Anyone like me and went to see it opening night? It was great! I usually hate sequels, but I loved this one! (And I liked Jurassic Park II). Anyway, it was hilarious, just like the first one. But it was really sad too... I'll shut up now. But if you haven't seen it yet (and most probably haven't since it's only been out one day), you should definitely go see it!

------------------
Shirley: Well, Laverne is sort of childish
Laverne: Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat?
Shirley: At least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!
Laverne: Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!

Michael: At what time was I born, Mother?
Mrs. Darling: Why, you were born at two o'clock in the nighttime, Dearest
Michael: Oh Mother, I hope I didn't wake you!

The T
05-05-2001, 11:26 AM
I've gotta see that! Thanx for the feedback!

The T

Cokies
05-05-2001, 09:44 PM
Oh dear... I went to go see it last night with a couple of friends. We went expecting to see the ten o'clock showing, but it was ALL sold out. So, in a 'oh what the hell' attitude, we bought tickets to the MIDNIGHT showing. The theatre was still packed with tons of people... I have to say I didn't have a 'great' time, since it felt like it was 100 degrees in there...
And I missed like 15 minutes because I fell asleep... I don't even know how the kid got the bracelet and whatnot...
Anyway, the movie itself wasn't as good as the first, but still entertaining...

------------------
"It was just like Saturday Night Fever, only it was a Friday."

callmetootie
05-07-2001, 08:14 AM
I saw The Mummy Returns at a matinee yesterday. It was OK. I thought that it was extremly silly and goofy at points, and some of the characters were totally annoying. The specail effects were better then the first, but they don't use them as well as they did with the original. The acting is fair. I think that the plot was extremly confusing, and The Rock only got 10 minutes of footage. I thought it was better then the first, but that's nothing to scream about.

------------------
Andrew Carden