PDA

View Full Version : What are you afraid of?

Max Whittaker
05-02-2001, 04:48 PM
I'm afraid of being sat on by an extreamly fat person. I'm also afraid of deep water and missing Road to Avonlea. What about you people?

callmetootie
05-02-2001, 04:51 PM
When I was younger, I used to have a dream where I would come out of my room upstairs, and then jump all the way down from the top of the stairs, and land safetly. That would always scare me. It was like the twilight zone.

------------------
Andrew Carden

NancyJoJinny
05-02-2001, 04:57 PM
Spiders and bees. Mostly. And Lil Kim.

Johnny Five
05-02-2001, 05:27 PM
I'm afriad of being disassembled, because disassemble dead!

Me,Myself and I
05-02-2001, 05:27 PM
Getting fat,my dreams not coming true,midget clowns,and those wierd keesh thing-a-ma-whatsits my mom makes

hockeychiC518
05-02-2001, 06:00 PM
this may sound really stupid but, swimming in ponds, lakes, oceans(except in oceans when it is a sea-green-sea-blue color and u can see through it)

and i have a small fear of spiders but not really

i am afraid that i wont get into any colleges(this makes me so scared me..and everyone tells me not to worry cuz i am in 8th grade and i get high honors and honors grades but i dunno i do)

Chucky dolls*movies are great though*

------------------
Jinny: See I know people too, dont screw with me

~*~*~Go Red Soxs~*~*~

LaverneShirley
05-02-2001, 06:04 PM
WORMS!!!!!!! My GOD, they scare me! So do tornadoes. Ever since Night of the Twisters, everytime someone so much as mentions a tornado, I get freaked out. Only I'M allowed to mention tornadoes to myself. And I'm afraid of most bugs. And sharp things. And pitch black dark. Why? Because when I was little at my old house, my bedroom would get pitch black at night. And I would imagine all these worms everywhere. OMG, it scares me just thinking about it! I'm also afraid of eating bugs in my sleep. And I'm scared of clown dolls. All through my childhood I had a clown doll and sometimes, it felt like it's eyes would follow me... it was creepy. Oh, and I'm afraid of snakes and rats. But mice are okay. Like, pet mice, not mice like the mice in my garage. Oh, and being crushed to death, buried alive, or drowning. And my hair falling out. I would die if my hair fell out.

Oh, and I'm afraid of grades B and below. I refuse to allow myself to get lower than a 93%, and even that makes me mad a little. So, near the end of the quarter, everytime we get back a test or quiz or project or something, I freak out. And whoever says you should't pressure yourself was really stupid. Because, since we started getting letter grades the third quarter of third grade (i'm now in my 4th quarter of 8th grade), I've gotten 17 out of 22 straight A report cards. And two of the 5 I didn't get straight As, all I had lower was a B+. But I still clamp up everytime...

Oh, here's the biggy. The thing I'm most afraid of:

PUBLIC SPEAKING, OR ANYTHING IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Can we say "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"? I am like, the quietest person on earth at school, so it's really hard for me to get up and talk. Last year I almost fainted during a presentation. Ick.

------------------
Shirley: Well, Laverne is sort of childish
Laverne: Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat?
Shirley: At least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!
Laverne: Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!

Michael: At what time was I born, Mother?
Mrs. Darling: Why, you were born at two o'clock in the nighttime, Dearest
Michael: Oh Mother, I hope I didn't wake you!

[This message has been edited by LaverneShirley (edited 05-02-2001).]

lesliem14
05-02-2001, 09:13 PM
Heights- Especially walking across bridges, I can't look up because I get very disoriented.

Going anywhere near bugs, including stepping on them.

Whenever we are rowing in rough water and my coach tells us what to do if we start taking on water and have to jump for it.

The starting line of a crew race terrifies me- I've been rowing awhile and I still get scared to death. It's nerve-racking to say the least.

dawsongirl
05-02-2001, 09:44 PM
Spiders. Well, anything that crawls or flies. Horrified. That and Tornados. And I live in the middle of tornado alley, i.e. the Midwest! A couple of weeks ago we had two tornado warnings in my county in 3 hours. And elevators. I will not get trapped in an elevator!!!!

dawsongirl
05-02-2001, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by hockeychiC518:

i am afraid that i wont get into any colleges(this makes me so scared me..and everyone tells me not to worry cuz i am in 8th grade and i get high honors and honors grades but i dunno i do)

Don't be afraid of not getting into college. I had a friend who was as dumb as a box of rocks. She got D's and skipped school all the time. She got into college. That should be one of your least worries! http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

Max Whittaker
05-02-2001, 10:25 PM
I'm afraid of elevators to. Ever time I see that I must go in one I freeze and get week in the knees. I liked Night of the Twisters but hate the real thing. Dawsongirl good luck.

JoPol_wannabe
05-02-2001, 10:56 PM
I'm afraid of Bugs, diving off the high dive, I'm afraid that I'm going to land really heard in the water, and I'm afraid that on graduation night some of my friends are going to kidnap me and make me get drunk out of my mind ( I don't like to drink). Actually I'm not afraid of this but most of my friends are see a couple of my friends did this english presentaion about ghost and they made a movie, they were down in one of our cemetaries it's sort of a creepy one but I'm not afriad to go down there and they did this at night and they took a wege board and during the video it showed them in the cemetary playing with the wege board and while palying with the wege board white flashes of light appeared not flash light flashes they were diffrenet kind of flashes and they clam they were orbital's ( I highly doubt it) but then like half of my friends were like freaking out when they saw this and I was like oh my goosh that is not creepy at all.

[This message has been edited by JoPol_wannabe (edited 05-02-2001).]

Slippery Dan
05-02-2001, 11:26 PM
Nocturnal rodents. Especially rats and possums. I had a little incident with a possum a few months ago. I thought it was a cat!! http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/eek.gif

dawsongirl
05-03-2001, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Max Whittaker:
I'm afraid of elevators to. Ever time I see that I must go in one I freeze and get week in the knees. I liked Night of the Twisters but hate the real thing. Dawsongirl good luck.

Thanks, I'll need it!

Graveyard
05-03-2001, 02:28 PM
The movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I hate that movie, I hated it when I was younger and I still can't watch it to this day. It freaks me out.

------------------
"Nat, Cool it! Nice girls don't throw trees!"

Jo_Polniaczek
05-03-2001, 09:46 PM
"What's scary is living and having not mean anything." <--I guess that describes my fear, living and having it not mean anything.

ILuvJo&Blair
05-03-2001, 11:41 PM
I'm am scared of dieing, being shot to death, all bugs and small rodents. I'm also extreemly afraid of walking to close to the street on the sidewalk or when i'm around a lot of cars. I've been hit once and that's one time too many. Also, i'm afraid of rock climbing. When i went to camp i was afraid to climb up the fake wall. And mostly, i'm afraid of my mom dieing. I wouldn't be able to live without her.

lesliem14
05-04-2001, 12:25 AM
I forgot small airplanes. I'm fine on bigger planes that have 2/3 seats across or more, but anything smaller I will freak out. My Dad knew I would be on a small plane when I flew from DC to Louisville last Thanksgiving and purposely did not tell me so I wouldn't spend all my time worrying about the plane. When I found out he had a bruised arm. This plane was 1/2 across-not a happy camper. It was so small that we didn't even use the jetway. In DC we had to board a shuttle to go to the plane and I kept saying keep on going, keep on going when I saw the plane.

JMPolniaczek15
05-05-2001, 02:19 PM
Tornadoes and plane crashes, among others.

Blair706+Jorox
05-05-2001, 02:40 PM
none

Lynn
05-05-2001, 06:21 PM
I'm afraid of heights. Whenever I'm on the ski lift I notice how far up I am and think 'What if I fell?' My heart starts racing even if I just see someone else up high. For example, one time when I was hiking we sat down on some rocks with a big drop off on one side and it was freaking me out just to see my friend dangle his feet over the edge. Then he saw how much it scared me and he kept doing it anyway because he thought it was funny.

Lynn
05-05-2001, 06:22 PM
Double post, sorry

[This message has been edited by Lynn (edited 05-05-2001).]

SOAPDYNASTY
08-23-2002, 09:58 PM
My cats dieing or me being shot and killed by someone.

joeys_girl
08-24-2002, 07:18 PM
im petrified of dogs, spiders, bee, wasps, hornets and heights