PDA

View Full Version : Finals

lesliem14
04-25-2001, 08:09 PM
I don't know if anyone else is in the middle of finals week right now, but I am!! Anyone that wants to vent on finals post away!! Here's my deal on finals. I remember most of the stuff through out the semester so I really do next to nothing studying and I get As and Bs. I spend most of the week bored actually trying to find something to do. Last year my friend and I spent a lot of time finding plane tickets. Here's my vent. I had two finals today (Modern Political Thought and then Civil War and Reconstruction). We have 2 1/2 hour blocks and wouldn't you know it I spent the whole 2 1/2 hours on each exam for a total of five hours writing essays on anything from Locke to Marx to Nietzsche (which I'm proud to say I can write that name without double checking my spelling) to Lincoln and what it was like to be a soldier in the Civil War. 7 essays total and trying to identify quotes with philosphers (that wasn't too bad because you just had to look for a few words and then you knew what it was). After five hours of writing and then crew practice where I had to feather (rotate) with my right hand, my wrist is kaput. Anyway, you want to scream about the absurd amount of essays that you have to write (I will definitely sympathesize) or any other last minute tricks your professor pulls post away and have fun!! Monday I am finished!! Three exams left!!

KerriBerri687
04-25-2001, 08:59 PM
ugh i got finals in a lil while...ugh!

dawsongirl
04-25-2001, 11:02 PM
Okay, I will vent!! Next week is my finals and I'm not real worried about them (yet) but I am mad because my stupid prof. in listening (yeah, a class on listening!) gave a test during dead week. We're not supposed to have tests during dead week! Then she asks us test questions like "What instrument does my son play?" Who cares!!!! That wasn't in the book! Stick to the syllabus!!!

EdBrownJr
04-26-2001, 11:13 AM
Finals always where horrible i hate taking tests.

------------------
GET OUT OF MY GARAGE!!!

hockeychiC518
04-26-2001, 04:27 PM
uhh please dont remind me of finals, we dont have them till june and i dont wnat to worry about them till june! but before those we have 2 week of state testing!~= but i dont get why we have school after finals cuz once finals are over with we dont do anything and we have like 2 weeks left of school, well they do a lot of preparing for high school and we go on trips but not for like 10 days!

BlairW_1
04-26-2001, 11:59 PM
Hah, I'm not old ebough for 'em yet!!! :P Well, I'm not gonna look 4ward to 'em then! Good luck, you guys!

------------------
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

"Don't hate us 'cuz we're beautiful. Well, we don't like u either!"

Hi to BballQT3! Hope u like it here, and express your feelings throughout the message board! (Don't ask, it's a Muldrow thing!)

~*^Danielle^*~
LYLAS/LYLAB!

E-mail me at Basketbaiichick@aol.com, BlairWarner33@yahoo.com, BlairWarner@gurlmail.com, MagdaRamirez1@AIM, or Magda_Ramirez_033@hotmail.com

Meg07945
04-30-2001, 06:42 PM
we don't have finals for a couple of weeks..

------------------
~Meg~
*Opportunity does not knock, and then ring the doorbell, and then knock again, and then leave a note that says, "Sorry I missed you" and then call you on the phone.*
Stephanie: Nice move. Did you make that up
Tony: Yeah, well I saw it on TV first, then I made it up.

coily2
04-30-2001, 07:59 PM
congrats to lesliem14 for finishing her finals!!!!! I hope you are able to keep posting on the board during your semester break. Are you taking a summer term, or are you audi until August?

lesliem14
04-30-2001, 09:17 PM
Thanks coily! It feels so good to be done, but I still don't get to go home until May 11th because of crew. I won't be able to post starting next Tuesday through Saturday because I'll be in Philly for our last big race. Not taking a summer term, need to get the hell away from this town! This summer I can only get online after 10pm because I usually work the 12-9 or 1-10 shift and I can't get online at home in the morning because my Dad works out of the house and it interfers with business calls. I will be around this summer, just at night! Oh, and since I can't help myself: I'm a senior!! (Can I be a Senior forever because I don't want to leave college!! Next year will rock because in a two week span my two best friends and I will be back together for the first time since sophomore year because we were all studied abroad this year at different times and I turn 21) That was a little longer then I planned on but its been an awesome day!!!!

[This message has been edited by lesliem14 (edited 04-30-2001).]

hockeychiC518
05-01-2001, 05:00 PM
AHHH how could i forget, i have mid terms coming out next week or the week after! then right after mid term we have MCAS, least we wont have homework for two weeks http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif yet i just remember i have school competions next week http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/frown.gif i hate public speaking even if it is just in front of my peers..i do fine when i am just causlly talking with friends i can be as loud and as outgoing as i want yet once i have to speak i get really nervous and talk way to fast or way too quiet and everyone is like what the heck ur a whole different person....so then i have finals soon wow i only have 5 finals not to bad...but the sad thing is i am already for vacation now and we just got back from break a couple weeks ago!!!!!!but then we have social, theme park trips, new york trip, ect. so i cant wait for finals to be over with!!(wait they havent even started yet...)

------------------
Jinny: See I know people too, dont screw with me

~*~*~Go Red Soxs~*~*~

Chocoholic
05-03-2001, 06:44 PM
I have final exams next week. They are so annoying!

80skid
05-03-2001, 07:45 PM
Good luck, guys! I don't have them this year (seventh grade only gets them in the winter, but next year I've got finals), but instead we get to do a project on something we've learned this year and go on a class trip to wherever we want! I'll enjoy the fun now because next year it'll be different... http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif

Goodluck!!

------------------
Love is patient and kind, it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil but with the truth. Love never gives up, and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.

ILuvJo&Blair
05-03-2001, 11:57 PM
I don't have finals until June also, but you but not that lng ago we had to take this test((th grade only) to see if we can either advance to the next grade or the high school exsit exame one of those. And we are the first class to have to take it and every other class after us have to take it too. Then Just yesterday and today we too our golden staet exam for first year algebra2 and biology and they were hard. half the things on there we haven't even cover yet. the in about a week or two we have to take standford 9.This sucks so much and I think it should be a crime to give out this many tests especially on things that it takes more than 6 mounths to learn.

dawsongirl
05-04-2001, 02:36 PM
I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like dancin'!!