PDA

View Full Version : Narrator on Forensic Files

crystaldawn
04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
His name is Peter Thomas and I LOVE his voice. Anyway here is a picture of him and he certainly doesn't look like I thought he would. Thought you guys might like to see it.

http://www.forensicfiles.com/about-peterthomas.htm

Awsi Dooger
04-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Subtract 30 years and it's about how I envisioned him.

I really like him on Forensic Files, but you'll notice the blurb that he has done commercials. No kidding. He's been voicing over political commercials for at least several cycles. And not favoring the side I'm on. I realize it's a paid gig and may not reflect his opinions, but naturally I form a different opinion of him as a result.

It's somewhat intimidating responding to your threads now that you've busted 1000 posts. Gives me the shakes.

UMLongtimefan
05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I knew he was an old dude:wave:

Awsi, voice work is Soooooooo easy, the hard part is having "the voice", once you got that than that you can practially roll out of bed these days and read some lines, make a few recordings, send them to whoever wants them and then go back to bed.

I'm willing to wager a guy like that has a parabolic mike next to his bed.

Somebody should send him a email and see how much it would cost to have him do an answering machine message.... "hello this is Peter Thomas the voice of Forensic Files, the people you called are ok they just can't come to the phone right now, please leave your number and I assure you they will call you back"...anybody want to take a guess how much it will cost???

siamesemeg
05-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks for posting this. I love his voice, too. He makes that show for me. He's one of the few voices I would want to hear on a revamped UM, though that's only a sweet fantasy, of course.

Big3sCompanyFan
05-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah, this guy has a really creepy voice. Imagine how great UM would sound with this guy as the host!!

If UM ever comes back then this guy should be the host!!

UMLongtimefan
05-25-2006, 11:24 PM
If UM comes back or Forensic Files needs a replacement Peter Boyer who narrates many of the the Frontline Documentetaries does a pretty good job of making everything sound creepy, dark and ominous.

Kane
05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
If UM comes back or Forensic Files needs a replacement Peter Boyer who narrates many of the the Frontline Documentetaries does a pretty good job of making everything sound creepy, dark and ominous.

For now, let's not think about FF needing a replacement. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

WeaverCarterFan
07-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Wow I didn't expect the guy that narrates FF to be so old. He sounds really young.

UMLongtimefan
07-10-2006, 09:30 PM
For now, let's not think about FF needing a replacement. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Let's hope so Kane..

But I just recall when City Confidential had to replace the absolutely wonderful Paul Winfield (RIP:( ) and they found the equally as good Keith David. It never hurts to keep an eye for talent. I was worried Boyer was too specialized (ie he is a serious journalist so he only wants to do "serious documentaries") however I think I've noticed he's doing commercials.

If you get a chance watch the Kip Kinkel Frontline "The Killer At Thurston High" and you'll see his potential.

SitcomsAreTheWay
07-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Let's hope so Kane..

But I just recall when City Confidential had to replace the absolutely wonderful Paul Winfield (RIP:( ) and they found the equally as good Keith David. It never hurts to keep an eye for talent. I was worried Boyer was too specialized (ie he is a serious journalist so he only wants to do "serious documentaries") however I think I've noticed he's doing commercials.

If you get a chance watch the Kip Kinkel Frontline "The Killer At Thurston High" and you'll see his potential.

I can't imagine how hard it is to select a certain person whom will be a perfect replacement after having had the same narrator for years. I also think Keith David is a good choice.

SitcomsAreTheWay
07-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Peter Thomas is my favorite narrator aside from RS that is. :D