PDA

View Full Version : UGH! School Sucks

coily2
04-03-2001, 12:37 PM
<VENT> ARGH!!! I'm thinking about going back to school for another Master's degree, this one in English. I just want to complain a bit because there aren't too many schools in my area that have a part time program. I'm making way too much money to quit my job and go back to being a full time college student. I just want to do this for fun. Not like anyone with a Master's in English is going to be able to do much else with it.... </VENT>

lesliem14
04-03-2001, 01:31 PM
My favorite topic right now!! Two and a half weeks of classes left, five papers to write, none of which are started, followed by a fun-filled week of final exams. I actually don't mind finals. Usually remember everything anyway, so I get really bored.

You can teach with an English degree. I'm a history and poli sci major and thats all my history degree will be good for. Probably going to grad school to get a Master's in Public Adminstration so I will soon be looking more closely at grad schools too. Right now everything is piled on the floor of my room 250 miles away. My summer project. Looking at schools sucks though. I hated it for undergrad and I don't think anything has changed since then.

[This message has been edited by lesliem14 (edited 04-03-2001).]

coily2
04-03-2001, 02:52 PM
Not to down teaching - it's a very honorable profession, but I've got a Masters in Engineering right now and am pulling down a 6 figure salary in that field. No teaching job will come close to that. The English MA is really for fun, as I enjoy writing and have freelanced out content to a couple of sites. Maybe I could freelance out a few articles to some technical magazines or something.

Word on the finals thing. I would always go out and party finals week, and still manage to set the curve. *Sigh* those were the days.

[This message has been edited by coily2 (edited 04-03-2001).]

80skid
04-03-2001, 04:12 PM
If you're talking about college, sorry I haven't gotten there yet.

If you're talking about regular (like high school, etc) I may disagree or agree... depends on what kinda day I have!

[This message has been edited by 80skid (edited 04-03-2001).]

lesliem14
04-03-2001, 07:34 PM
coily2- Finals week I do everything but study. Last year my friend and I were online pricing plane tickets among other things. Pulled As in the classes that counted for my majors! I have a lot of essay writing on finals too, which is just fine with me.

This is funny, but I had an exam in my public administration class today and before the exam people were saying if you were drinking beer while studying, you should be able to drink it during the exam. So maybe partying really does help!