PDA

View Full Version : San Fransico

Chrisjo7
04-02-2001, 01:35 AM
Anybody ever been to sanfransico if so is it a good city to live in. And are there good colleges?

Cokies
04-02-2001, 03:45 AM
I happen to live about a half a hour or so away from San Francisco, so I know all about it.
It's costs a lot to live there, or anywhere in the bay area for that matter, so you better have a bit of 'dough'.
There are many colleges one can attend to...
Stanford( a half an hour south of S.F.) University of San Francisco, San Francisco State( my personal favorite), or you can journey across the bay over to U.C. Berkeley.( Go to Telegraph Ave. It's crazy! And be sure to stop at Blondie's Pizza, mmm-good!)
And the whole San Francisco bay area is very scenic( except by the refineries over in Richmond).
San Francisco itself is very nice compared to other cities in the U.S. I mean, it's got it's problems, but every major city has. Um... the new baseball park is real nice...
Market St. is pretty happenin'. And Pier 39, that place is great. What with the sea lions and stuff... well, I could go on and on...

------------------
"It was just like Saturday Night Fever, only it was a Friday."

lesliem14
04-02-2001, 03:07 PM
I get to go this summer! I have a lot of family in the bay area and napa valley and it's family reunion time. I love it out there. Speaking of colleges, Berkley is an excellent school that my grandfather tried to convince me to go to when I was 12. You always want your grandchildren to go where you go. Does anyone think it's funny and a little wierd, although completely coincidental, that Nancy McKeon and Makensie Astin are both starring on shows set in San Francisco?

[This message has been edited by lesliem14 (edited 04-02-2001).]

Cokies
04-02-2001, 08:52 PM
Yep, it is kinda cool watching those shows and saying 'I've been there!' and 'Oh i've been there too!' It's great...

------------------
"It was just like Saturday Night Fever, only it was a Friday."