PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!

LaverneShirley
01-09-2001, 05:14 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I need to know the title of a movie I used to love and watch all the time on TV when I was younger (meaning early and mid-nineties). I THINK it starred John Ritter and another woman as a husband and wife who are traveling through television channels, and to get to a different channel they have to find a spot with static and jump through it.

I remember a couple scenes. One is with the husband on some evil show and they show him a sign and tell him to figure it out. The answer is "I worship Satan". Another has the husband wife in a cartoon, and yet another has them in some freezing place with wild dogs outside. They're in a shed or something and have to push it from the inside through the snow until they find the static.

Does anyone know the title, stars (who played the husband and wife), when it was made, or anything else about it? Thanks.

------------------
"Well, Laverne is sort of childish" -Shirley

"Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!" -Laverne

"Well at least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!" -Shirley

"Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!" -Laverne

Madness
01-09-2001, 07:46 PM
*Stay Tuned was the title
*It starred John Ritter and Pam Dawber
*It was made in 1992

Hope that helped.

Adam

LaverneShirley
01-09-2001, 08:01 PM
Thanks you SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!

------------------

"Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!" -Laverne

The T
01-09-2001, 08:06 PM
Hey Laverneandshirley. I know this is a little off topic but while you're here, (I just have to know!) Have you ever tried Milk and Pepsi? And if yes did ya like it?

------------------
See ya~The T
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Jo: Well I'm startin.

Nat: Where'd ya get the beer?

Jo: I got the beer. Here's to all who wish me well, all the rest can go to.......Jersey.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

LaverneShirley
01-09-2001, 08:12 PM
Why of course, T! LoL! I started drinking it December 31, 1999. That night and this past New Year's I drank it at midnight. Kinda a tradition now. I stay at my friend's house every New Years Eve and she dared me... and I never say no to a dare (well, okay, I say no sometimes...). Anyway, it's good. I don't like milk but if I just have a bit more Pepsi than milk in the glass it's great. (But don't try it if you like neither Pepsi OR milk... chances are it won't taste too good http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/smile.gif )

------------------

Madness
01-09-2001, 08:19 PM
No problem! Glad I could help.

.simpson_10.
09-24-2003, 10:47 AM
:) :)

BrandonS
09-24-2003, 11:27 AM
It might be better to reserve this kind of thread title for real emergencies where someone is in danger. Otherwise, when someone does have a real emergency, fewer people will pay attention.

.simpson_10.
09-24-2003, 12:11 PM
dont look at me i was just the last one to post here

Czas na Zywiec
09-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by .simpson_10.
dont look at me i was just the last one to post here

Someone needs to be banned. When you bump up am almost 3 year old topic with nothing to add to the post but ":):)", it causes clutter on the board.

¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by BrandonS
It might be better to reserve this kind of thread title for real emergencies where someone is in danger. Otherwise, when someone does have a real emergency, fewer people will pay attention. Yah, I agree. Sometimes Ill think what would happen if I were to be kidnapped or whatever and how I would contact help if there wasnt a phone around. First thing I would do was go on SO and make a thread begging for help and telling people to call 911 and explain my situation. Yah, this is the internet and not everyone could be trusted (especially with all the problems we've been having with certain members etc.), but Id like to think if I ever was in that situation, people wouldnt laugh, but help me.

.simpson_10.
09-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BrandonS
It might be better to reserve this kind of thread title for real emergencies where someone is in danger. Otherwise, when someone does have a real emergency, fewer people will pay attention.
Yah, I agree. Sometimes Ill think what would happen if I were to be kidnapped or whatever and how I would contact help if there wasnt a phone around. First thing I would do was go on SO and make a thread begging for help and telling people to call 911 and explain my situation. Yah, this is the internet and not everyone could be trusted (especially with all the problems we've been having with certain members etc.), but Id like to think if I ever was in that situation, people wouldnt laugh, but help me. i really agree. i woudnt say please please please i need some help it is really important please help!

BrandonS
09-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ¤MsConanOBrien¤
Yah, I agree. Sometimes Ill think what would happen if I were to be kidnapped or whatever and how I would contact help if there wasnt a phone around. First thing I would do was go on SO and make a thread begging for help and telling people to call 911 and explain my situation. Yah, this is the internet and not everyone could be trusted (especially with all the problems we've been having with certain members etc.), but Id like to think if I ever was in that situation, people wouldnt laugh, but help me.
That's why I object so strongly to thread titles like "Somebody help me!!!!!!" that aren't emergencies. If people get used to the fact that titles like that are usually for trivial matters, it would probably increase the amount of time it would take for someone to read it and discover that it was a real emergency. The practice of using emergency titles for trivial matters devalues such titles.

The Modfather
09-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Original Prankster
Someone needs to be banned. When you bump up am almost 3 year old topic with nothing to add to the post but ":):)", it causes clutter on the board.

I've been waiting for that along time. He's been banned before but made this account.