PDA

View Full Version : Matt LeBlanc and wife to divorce

Janice
03-30-2006, 10:16 PM
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18693,00.html?fdnews

Matt LeBlanc's Marriage Canceled

As it turns out, Joey may be the least of Matt LeBlanc's worries.

The sitcom star and his wife announced the end of their nearly three-year marriage Thursday.

The news comes just months after the couple's two-year-old daughter was said to be undergoing tests for a neurological disorder, and just weeks after LeBlanc's disappointing Friends spinoff, Joey, was put on hiatus for the second time this season.

Divorce papers were filed in Los Angeles, with LeBlanc doing the filing, according to the National Enquirer, which was first out with word of the split.

"The dissolution is amicable," an NBC spokesman said in a statement on behalf of LeBlanc and wife Melissa. "They remain devoted parents and friends."

LeBlanc, 38, and the former Melissa McKnight, in her late 30s or early 40s, wed in May 2003 in Hawaii. The ceremony was attended by all of LeBlanc's female Friends costars: Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox Arquette and Lisa Kudrow.

The couple has one daughter, Marina, 2. Additionally, Melissa LeBlanc has two children from a previous marriage.

In January, People reported that Marina had been suffering seizures and having difficulty walking. The New York Daily News suggested the child was suffering from cortical dysplasia, defined by Medcyclopaedia.com as an abnormality of the brain's cerebral cortex.

LivinLaarge
03-31-2006, 01:34 PM
ouch! I'd hate to be him right now. wish him all the luck

Scoobiedoo30
03-31-2006, 06:15 PM
I am sad to Here about Matt Leblance and His Wife File For Divorce.

Ireneparalegal
03-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Oh Sweet Jesus...why am i not surprised:rolleyes: Hollywood marriages...all phony!

Dr. Thong
03-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh Sweet Jesus...why am i not surprised:rolleyes: Hollywood marriages...all phony!

And of course, it's "amicable" and they "remain friends.":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that there aren't breakups that are amicable, but it seems that every Hollywood breakup is that way...at least according to the press release. Years later, you usually find out the truth.

Why do Hollywood stars feel the need to publicize every event in their lives by issuing a press release?? If it were me, it'd be nobody's damn business.

Ireneparalegal
04-01-2006, 12:32 AM
And of course, it's "amicable" and they "remain friends.":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that there aren't breakups that are amicable, but it seems that every Hollywood breakup is that way...at least according to the press release. Years later, you usually find out the truth.

Why do Hollywood stars feel the need to publicize every event in their lives by issuing a press release?? If it were me, it'd be nobody's damn business.
Because folks like Smokinggun.com will find out anyways and they will provide the media with the court documents that are open to the public anyway, unless the people hired a private judge, then the documents would be sealed. I don't know why they don't go that route all the time? Media is always searching court documents for such things.

As a matter of fact today Tori Spelling revealed on Howard Stern that she did in fact cheat on her husband and fell in love with the guy she is now engaged to. She revealed to her husband AT THERAPY that she was "IN LOVE" with another man. BUT!!! What she told E! True Hollywood Story was that she was not "herself" with her husband when they were dating, and things fell apart because she wasn't being "real". She basically sugar-coated it. If you are going to open your life to the public, then at least be honest abt it!:rolleyes:

Rachel3118
07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
It's too bad about his marriage, but we all expect that to happen in Hollywood marriages.

But I feel sorry for him with all the hard things going on in his life right now.