PDA

View Full Version : The End of Joey?

tvfan0101
02-08-2006, 04:06 PM
From the IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-02-08/#10):

'Joey' All But Dead
That NBC will almost certainly drop Friends spin-off Joey at the end of this season seemed apparent Tuesday with the announcement that Andrea Anders, who plays the title character's next-door neighbor has joined the cast of a new comedy series on rival CBS. Anders will appear in The Class, about a group of twentysomethings who were once friends in the third grade and have now reunited. Also co-starring in the series is Jason Ritter, the 26-year-old son of John Ritter (and grandson of country singer Tex Ritter), Also appearing will be Jay Bernthal, making his TV debut, and Heather Goldenhersh (Kinsey).

Well, this is unfortunate. The show certainly struggled, but it had a lot going for it.

TVFactFan
02-08-2006, 04:21 PM
From the IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-02-08/#10):

Well, this is unfortunate. The show certainly struggled, but it had a lot going for it.

Why are you so surprised?-lol Especially when it was put on a 3 month hiatus. Anyone should have known it was returning for the 2006 fall season after that long break.

Pavan
02-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Joey being burned off in March and April:

NBC has extended its spring lease on "The Office" (Thursdays, 9:30-10 p.m. ET) through May 11 as the network will add an extra original episode plus other encore broadcasts that will now take the hit comedy past its previously announced season finale of March 30.

The new comedy "Teachers" will premiere on Tuesday, March 28 (9:30-10 p.m.) - a change from its previously announced season debut of Thursday, April 6 (9:30-10 p.m.). "Scrubs" will move up one-half hour on Tuesdays beginning March 28 with an encore broadcast (8:30-9 p.m. ET) followed by an original episode (9-9:30 p.m. ET).

In addition, "Joey" returns with original episodes on Tuesday, March 7 at 8-8:30 p.m. (ET), in place of "Fear Factor" which will return to the schedule this summer. Encore broadcasts of "Joey" will air at 8:30-9 p.m. (ET) from March 7-21 until "Scrubs" encore broadcasts take over on March 28.

TVFactFan
02-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Joey being burned off in March and April:

NBC has extended its spring lease on "The Office" (Thursdays, 9:30-10 p.m. ET) through May 11 as the network will add an extra original episode plus other encore broadcasts that will now take the hit comedy past its previously announced season finale of March 30.

The new comedy "Teachers" will premiere on Tuesday, March 28 (9:30-10 p.m.) - a change from its previously announced season debut of Thursday, April 6 (9:30-10 p.m.). "Scrubs" will move up one-half hour on Tuesdays beginning March 28 with an encore broadcast (8:30-9 p.m. ET) followed by an original episode (9-9:30 p.m. ET).

In addition, "Joey" returns with original episodes on Tuesday, March 7 at 8-8:30 p.m. (ET), in place of "Fear Factor" which will return to the schedule this summer. Encore broadcasts of "Joey" will air at 8:30-9 p.m. (ET) from March 7-21 until "Scrubs" encore broadcasts take over on March 28.

It didn't take a genius to know that this would be Joey's last season. I called it

70's US Sitcoms Rock
02-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I can't say im not suprised. It was AWFUL!!. I live across the pond in the UK and we've only seen Season 1. It was broardcast on Channel 5, which in it's self say's something, and the rating's went down hill fast.

The first episode attracted about 6M viewers which is quite good, but after episode 8 the rating's were down to about 1.5M, but it doesn't stop there. The rating's by the season finale were down to about 600K viewers.

Channel 5 paid about 400K per episode, so considering the rating's of Season 1, I dont think we will be getting Season 2 - Thankfully!! :lol:

peter may
02-18-2006, 10:55 AM
season 2 starts in april on channel 5

heres what they wrote back;

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Joey and please allow us to apologise for the delay in responding.

We hold the rights to screen Series 2 of the programme and have every intention of transmitting it. At this time we have not scheduled it for transmission. As this information becomes available, it is released for publication in the local and national press.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

TJL
02-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Ah well, they tried.
"Joey" had a good cast, but it just didn't click.

At least now Mat Leblanc can concentrate on brining "Ed 2" to the big screen.

;)

70's US Sitcoms Rock
02-18-2006, 02:23 PM
season 2 starts in april on channel 5

heres what they wrote back;

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Joey and please allow us to apologise for the delay in responding.

We hold the rights to screen Series 2 of the programme and have every intention of transmitting it. At this time we have not scheduled it for transmission. As this information becomes available, it is released for publication in the local and national press.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

I am surprised :eek: ! - I wonder if they feel they got a good deal or not? - since "Joey" was put on hold for 3 months in the US?

staypuftman2004
02-19-2006, 11:26 AM
don't think it coming back

greenwheel
02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
It got to where I wasn't watching "Joey" anymore.

staypuftman2004
02-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Me to

Scoobiedoo30
02-20-2006, 04:00 PM
I hope that it is not the end of Joey Joey is a funnie show

MakeMeLaugh
02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I was a HUGE Friends fan and actually still am (own several of the seasons) but I could not ever get myself into watching Joey, despite my desire too. I wanted to watch it considering it was as close to Friends as I would get, but it didn't live up to the original.

Sucks that the Friends reunion special thing was a fake...

savy333
02-24-2006, 08:24 AM
I love Joey and I'm really upset. It is doomed on Tuesday nights at 8pm. Everyone will be watching American Idol. Other than me- I'll be watching Joey!

:(

At least us Joey fans have a few things to look forward to. The DVD of the first season comes out in a couple of months and we still have six more episodes to watch!

Maybe I am living in a dream world, but I really hope that NBC won't cancel the show. I mean, it isn't like any of their programs are really setting ratings records lately. It's NBC as a whole that is declining, not just Joey.

staypuftman2004
02-24-2006, 05:45 PM
i don't think it going to make it

slackermonkey
02-26-2006, 08:08 PM
At least us Joey fans have a few things to look forward to. The DVD of the first season comes out in a couple of months and we still have six more episodes to watch!

There are at least nine episodes left. It's unclear whether "Joey" was renewed for 22 or 24 episodes. The NBC head seems to think it was 24, but from the taping schedule it looks like only 22 have film dates.

NASHMAN
03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
I can only hope that they will make a new season of Joey since NBC is losing Will & Grace and possibly Scrubs since I think it's rumored to move to ABC this fall? I can only hope for another season.

Pavan
03-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Joey has been shelved again. NBC will air Most Outrageous Moments from 8-9pm on Tuesdays after Joey was beat badly and only scored 4 million viewers on March 7. There is no way it is coming back for another season.

spunkygirl
03-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Joey has been shelved again. NBC will air Most Outrageous Moments from 8-9pm on Tuesdays after Joey was beat badly and only scored 4 million viewers on March 7. There is no way it is coming back for another season.

ohno:

TJL
03-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Ouch.

Pavan
03-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Univision had more of a A18-49 rating in the hour than Joey:

A18-49 Ratings for Tuesdays 8-9PM
American Idol (FOX) -- 11.6
Navy NCIS (CBS) -- 3.8
According to Jim (ABC) -- 2.1
Contra Viento y Marea Univision) -- 1.9
Joey (NBC) -- 1.5
Gilmore Girls (repeat, The WB) -- 1.2
America’s Next Top Model (repeat, UPN) -- 0.7

It could have been worse if Gilmore Girls was all-new and Top Model, too, as both usually score higher than a 2.0 in A18-49.

Scoobiedoo30
03-10-2006, 10:00 AM
I would Think that The Tuesday Night would be a great Night for Joey.

TJL
03-10-2006, 04:18 PM
I would Think that The Tuesday Night would be a great Night for Joey.

Not against American Idol. That show is still pulling in monster ratings.

Brent88
03-10-2006, 04:37 PM

Shocking. Just Shocking. *faints*

:lol:

As soon as I saw that it only got 4 million viewers, I knew the show was done.

and you know NBC is in BAD shape when Joey is replaced with The Most Outrageous Moments. :rotflmao:

Scoobiedoo30
03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
if NBC does Cancel Joey I hope NBC Decides to Burn off Joey
Joey is such a great Show I would hate to see Joey get Cancel.

MillieHelper
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Its a shame. Joey probably didnt stand much of a chance.
I can't put my finger on it. It just didnt click. If I had to pick a reason, I think it might be the Gina/Joey relationship. It reminds me of that Friends episode where Joey says "Theyre brother & sister?" when Danny & sister were a little too friendly.
It was kind of uncomfortable to watch. Anyone agree?

bschmale1113
03-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Joey's Jennifer Coolidge has joined the Fox comedy If You Lived Here, You'd be Home by Now (which at this early date threatens to be one of the more annoying TV-show titles to type)

savy333
03-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Its a shame. Joey probably didnt stand much of a chance.
I can't put my finger on it. It just didnt click. If I had to pick a reason, I think it might be the Gina/Joey relationship. It reminds me of that Friends episode where Joey says "Theyre brother & sister?" when Danny & sister were a little too friendly.
It was kind of uncomfortable to watch. Anyone agree?

The show just didn't flow. It didn't have a routine. Every episode Joey came in contact with new people and new places. The show would have been much better if it focused itself around Joey's apartment and friends. It just didn't click or flow.

And the best character, Bobbie, was almost never on the show!!!

savy333
03-16-2006, 12:06 AM
The show just didn't flow. It didn't have a routine. Every episode Joey came in contact with new people and new places. The show would have been much better if it focused itself around Joey's apartment and friends. It just didn't click or flow.

MillieHelper
05-17-2006, 02:39 PM
I just heard on MSNBC that Joey was officially cancelled. Cant say that I am surprized.. I hope NBC at least shows the rest of the eps.

Scoobiedoo30
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I am sorry to see Joey be Leavubf The Thursday Night Line up Joey was such a great Show on Thursday Night at 7:00 pm Central Time on NBC.

LivinLaarge
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
well everyone was used to see FRIENDS Joey, soo i guess thats one reason

michellehw
07-04-2006, 02:29 PM

Hey, Lil' LL!!!!! Whatcha doin over here?

Yeah, I'm a Joey fan, too, and I think NBC and the powers that be gave him the short end of the stick.

It takes a couple of seasons to adjust and get use to Joey being with all new people --- I LOVED his nephew, and I like that his TV sister toned down her "I'm gonna kick yaw a**" NY attitude.

The show just needed some tweaking here and there, and patience on the part of NBC. They thought they could just "throw" Joey out there and he'd be #1...Sometimes it takes time...

Have you see the show "Adventures of Old Christine"? Anyway, it kind of has the feel (all the glass doors and decks and neighbors living across the way from you) of Joey's apartment complex....Not liking that at all, not at all --- the nerve of "recycling" Joey's set...

Well, I'm going back over to KOQs --- see ya later Lil' LL!!!!!:wave:

TVFactFan
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM

That's the best point I seen posted in regards to why the show did not do well. The fact that Joey was seen with his 5 other friends for 10 years made it hard for viewers to see him with new characters

Rachel3118
07-10-2006, 11:11 AM
It's too bad for the show. I had stoped watching it but I still wanted it to do ok. You guess are right that it didn't click even though it had a good cast. It is true that it was wierd to see Joey in a knew setting. It was like he just started a different life.

TVFactFan
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe the setting should have been in different section of NYC

Rachel3118
07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
That might have worked, but we would be expecting to see a lot of guest appearances from the friends cast.