PDA

View Full Version : Segments that will be on "Best of Unsolved Mysteries"

crystaldawn
02-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I contacted First Look Media today and requested a list of the segments that will be on the "Best of" boxed set and he was nice enough to comply. Here's what he sent me:

Disc 1

ALLAGASH ABDUCTIONS Four men camping in the Allagash Wilderness are some of the hundreds who believe they were abducted by aliens. While boating on a wilderness lake, all four saw an immense blue-white light above them. Their next memory is being back on shore, several hours later, with no idea what had happened. Elaborate hoax? They swear its true, and all four passed polygraph exams.

LUCKY SCHOOL - David Young and his wife Doris nearly wiped out an entire generation in Cokeville, Wyoming by setting off a bomb in the local school. Miraculously, all of the children survived. A few were adamant about seeing what they called a presence hovering about their heads in the classroom just before the explosion.

LIFE AFTER LIGHTNING Best-selling author Dannion Brinkley was struck by lightning, declared dead, and had a vivid near-death experience which profoundly changed his life. The experience transformed him from a self-confessed bully into a Good Samaritan who volunteers at hospices. He was also imbued with startling psychic powers that have allowed him to predict 117 future occurrences.

ELVIS's LAST NIGHT On August 16, 1977, Elvis Presley's life came to an end. Some say he died of a heart attack. However, his friends reveal that at the end, Elvis was taking three sets of uppers and downers every day. One the day he died, he disappeared into his bathroom at 9:30pm and, it was discovered later, took three sets of his drugs at the same time, including large dosages of codeine and Demerol. Elvis' stepbrother believes he committed suicide.

FRITZ AND THE SOLDIERS During WWII a young boy and his mother living in an isolated cabin take in soldiers from the U.S. and Germany on Christmas Eve. The war was nearly over and Fritzs mother insisted that the men come together for the meal. Fritz now lives in the U.S. and is looking for the soldiers. UPDATE: Ralph Blank was found in Frederick, Maryland after the chaplain of his nursing home heard him talk about the same story as the chaplain had seen on UM.

GHOST BOY Denice Jones was cleaning the kitchen one night when she heard a scream in her youngest son's bedroom. Alarmed, Denice ran upstairs to find five year old son Michael curled up in the corner of his room. He explained that a crayon color white man had come to his room and tried to touch his shoulder. He was sent to warn Michael to stay away from the bad ghosts. But the warning would prove futile. Soon, Michael and his family say they were plagued by spirits in their home: glowing balls of light, levitating furniture, and demons that would physically leave their mark on Michael until he bled. Medical tests would reveal that Michael had no mental or physical problems to explain this phenomenon.

SCARED TO DEATH Cindy James was found dead from a heroin overdose, with her hands and feet bound tightly behind her and a nylon stocking tied around her neck. Police psychiatrist said she suffered from multiple personalities and one of them killed her. Her father and others disagree.

Disc 2

GOLDIES GIRL In 1964 pregnant Delia Fazzani was banished by her parents to stay at the Loreto Convent outside London, and forced to give up her child to an American couple. UPDATE: Shortly after East Coast broadcast, Delia Fazzani's long lost daughter called the Unsolved Mysteries telecenter. Now named Laura Powell Franklin, she is married with two children and lives near Utica, NY. Laura and Delia talked for three hours over the phone.

BRANDON LEE The son of Bruce Lee died in a shooting accident on the set of a movie. Was Brandon a victim of the Lee family curse or just bad luck?

MEXICO UFO Since the last total solar eclipse in July of 1991, there have been thousands of UFO sightings throughout Mexico. Many people claimed to have seen a silver metallic disc with a dark underside, three shining lights and an undulating dome.

BLACK HOPE CURSE Families flee a new Texas subdivision after a series of horrifying paranormal events precede the grisly discovery that their homes are built over an old slave burial ground. The movie Poltergeist was based in part on this true story.

TWINS Study of the amazing personality similarities and possible psychic abilities shared by twins. Even when they are raised in separate environments, they still manifest common traits. Medical science can't explain these phenomena.

FERTILITY STATUES Two statues, five feet tall, ebony, from West Africa seems to have an affect on the fertility of women who work at the Ripleys Museum in Orlando, Florida. According to the Baoule Tribe, the statues a man and a woman have an incredible power, the spirit of fertility. So far 143 pregnancies, many of them by women trying unsuccessfully to conceive, have been reported by people who have touched the two statues.

LUCKY CHOIR In 1951 the Beatrice, Nebraska West Side Baptist Church was completely destroyed in a blast caused by a gas leak. But because of a series of unrelated circumstances and delays, all twelve members of the choir, who were regularly scheduled to rehearse at that time, were late and were therefore spared from the blast. They still believe their lives were saved by an act of God.

COLORADO COP KILLERS On May 29, 1998, a hail of bullets killed Police Officer Dale Claxton as he sat in his police cruiser in Cortez, Colorado. Officer Claxton had just pulled over a stolen truck, but as he was checking the license plates, three suspects from inside the truck brandished automatic weapons and began firing, killing the officer instantly. UPDATE: On 11/22/99 UM received a call from a viewer stating that a body found in the desert was identified as one of the suspects.

Disc 3

SLEEPWALKING One man was killed while sleepwalking in the street; another woman is injured because of walking through a plate glass window. Find out about strange and mysterious incidences of sleepwalking.

TEXAS MOST WANTED Edward Harold Bell regularly exposed himself to children and shot to death Larry Dickens, the man who tried to stop him. While released on bail, he sold all of his belongings and fled. UPDATE: An UM viewer identified him as a businessman in Panama. He was convicted and received a 70-year sentence.

AFTER DEATH VISITS According to a noted medical researcher, 7 out of 10 widows say their spouses have come back to visit them after death. Two astonishing cases are profiled which suggest these visitations are not merely hallucinations.

KC BLAST In Kansas City, six fire fighters were killed due to an explosion set off by arson. UPDATE: Indictments were handed down charging 5 defendants with arson, resulting in deaths. Prosecutors said the fires were deliberately set during an attempt to steal equipment and dynamite from the construction site. Each of the defendants now faces up to life in prison.

TERRORIZED TEEN Home alone sick from school, 14 year old Sarah Powell is the victim of a break-in so traumatic, it sends her into a state of temporary amnesia. Months later, as her memory starts to return, so do the horrific details of her attack.

ROSWELL In 1947, Rancher Mac Brazel claimed to have found a crashed UFO on his land. The strange looking wreckage had mysterious markings resembling Egyptian hieroglyphics. Evidence suggests government/military officials removed evidence and covered up the incident, retracting press announcements of their findings. Since the 1947 Roswell Incident a new eyewitness account suggests that in 1947 the Army did, in fact, recover bodies of alien beings.

CAMPUS MURDER EXPOSE Vincennes University journalism student Brook Baker was murdered after she began working on an expose about a date rape alleged to have occurred at a fraternity. She told police a fraternity member had threatened her. UPDATE: Brian Jones, a former Vincennes University student, was arrested for the death of another Vincennes coed, Erika Norman, in July 1999. Jones was sentenced to 60 years in prison for Erikas murder as part of a plea agreement in which prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty if Jones was convicted for the death of Brook Baker. He was found guilty of killing Brook and was sentenced to life in prison.

BABYS BREATH A couple gave birth to a baby born with no vital signs. An emergency medical team tried desperately to revive him, but after 33 minutes, he was officially declared dead. The family gave permission for an autopsy, but first they were given time to say their good-byes. They go to the morgue to hold him and, suddenly, he began to breathe. The six doctors and eight nurses believe they witnessed a miracle.

Disc 4 Treasures & Ghosts

DUTCH SCHULTZ TREASURE When gangster Dutch Schultz was gunned down, he had supposedly hidden away $7 million dollars in upstate New York. Where did it go?

MARCOS BUDDAH Roger Roxas, an amateur treasure hunter, claims that he found a 2000 pound solid gold Buddha and countless boxes of gold bars which Ferdinand Marcos later seized. A Swiss court later recognized Roxas claim. UPDATE Pres. Ferdinand Marcos seized the Japanese war booty from Roger Roxas, an impoverished Filipino locksmith, and was ordered to give his family $460 million.

LOST DUTCHMANS MINE Treasure hunters have searched for decades for the infamous "Lost Dutchman" mine in Arizona.

NAZI WAR TREASURE Towards the end of WWII, the Nazis allegedly smuggled millions of dollars in gold & jewels out of a concentration camp in Germany. The treasure had been confiscated from victims of the infamous Dachau camp. Treasure hunter Dr. Edward Greger is convinced the $50 million treasure was buried on the shores of Lake Lunarzee in the Austrian Alps.

PLUMMERS BOOTY 1863 Montana Sheriff Henry Plummer secretly moonlighted as the leader of notorious bandits called the "Road Agent Gang."Â His dual life was later revealed and he was hung for his offenses. But the hidden location of nearly $6 million in gold still remains a mystery.

GHOSt-FIGHTERS Ghosts of Julia and Abraham Staab haunt a New Mexico hotel.

Haunting on 37th Street In January 1997, the Woods family began witnessing inexplicable occurrences in their 37th St. home. Mary, Ed and their two daughters have come to recognize four ghosts. Are these spirits connected to 1935 and 1974 neighborhood homicides?

Direct Contact What happens when we die? Is there a life beyond this one? Remarkably, 4 out of 10 people say they've experienced some form of communication with the dead, often through dreams. These "visits" are called "direct contacts".

Mummy's Curse Howard Carter, Lord Carnarvon and Lady Evelyn Herbert discovered a treasure trove of King Tutankhamun's most prized possessions. Twenty deaths are attributed to the subsequent curse of the mummy.

Haunted Mansion In 1931, Bill Beatty died before completing his dream home replica of a 17th Century Normandy castle. Present day occupants believe Beatty still haunts the residence.

studster147
02-08-2006, 02:54 PM
a refreshingly intelligent response to my question....Congratulations Crystal Dawn, you are some moderator!....

the extra segments could have been better, but you cant have everything in life...

boco357
02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Awful selections, IMO.

JimmyHendricks
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Of course they had to include the Cokeville, Wyoming school miracle and the Exploding Church stories--because we haven't seen those in DAYS. I am shocked--SHOCKED--that Resurrection Mary was not included.

The Fertility Statues story? On a BEST OF SET? What were they thinking?

It seems like most of the segments are the weak, 1996--the end segments, like the one on "Twins" and "Direct Contact" stories. BORING.

I don't know why they include such wishy washy segments. It IS nice to see the KC Firefighters segment included, however.

I obviously won't be picking this up.

crystaldawn
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks, studster! ;)

I thought you guys might also be interested in what the person I've been in contact with there had to say. Here is one of the emails:

I really don't have much of a say in the creative process, though I doubt very highly that we'll ever do season sets. I do receive occasional e-mails from fans, and I always pass those messages with reasonable requests or ideas along to the powers that be. But that being said, season sets just wouldn't sell well enough to justify our costs in creating & marketing them.

I'll be sure to check in on the message boards from time to time, though, and especially when I hear of any possible ideas of future, *new* sets being kicked around.I've read the most recent postings about the Best of and Ultimate sets, and I'll certainly pass along some of the messages I've heard.

Take care!

He wanted me to send him a link to the board so its nice that we're being heard. Now that they know we're here hopefully they'll check in from time to time if by chance they do anymore boxed sets and get some ideas.

-TRANCE-
02-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I appreciate the info Crystal! Very dissapointed in the best of set though, I was hoping they would all be segments that haven't been included on any of the previous sets which i already own. I do notice a few segments on here that haven't been released on DVD yet but it's still not worthy of a purchase. :(

justins5256
02-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Sad to see that this sorry excuse for a collection represents the "best" of Unsolved Mysteries. I guess trading bootlegs of old episodes/stories is still the way to go.

nohwheregirl
02-08-2006, 06:26 PM
So Cindy James is a good one, and I'll always have a place in my heart for little Fritz and the soldiers, but the rest of the selections are a big ol' crapfest! I don't want to seem like an ingrate, but goodness gracious!

Mr. Fuji
02-08-2006, 06:51 PM
All I can say is awful, awful, awful. It's sad they picked segments that we have all seen thousands of times on Lifetime (and will continue to see thousands of times) and also segments that were on the already released DVD sets.

I am really bothered by what the contact person said in the e-mail to Crystaldawn. What marketing do they plan on doing for the season sets? If it's anything remotely similar to the way they marketed the sets they already released, it won't cost them much.

And I'm no expert on the season-set-DVD-creating-process, but I can't see how it would be expensive to put it together. If you think about it, after all is said and done, they will have released a total of eight DVD sets. They probably spent more money on those pieces of garbage than they would on the season sets.

Sorry if my language is a bit harsh, but I just get so frustrated when I think about what a huge loss it is for Unsolved Mysteries fans that they didn't release the season set DVDs. Some of the crappiest shows in the history of television have had their season sets released, and a show that in my opinion is one of the best in the history of television gets the shaft. It makes no sense to me.

PrettyinPink55
02-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you SO much for posting this.

But I also couldn't help but frown at the choices selected. :( :(
These are the same cases we are oh so tired of seeing on Lifetime!!!! :(

I think the Cindy James story was a good choice though.

SP4CE INV4DERZ
02-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Hardly surprising, but this selection of stories suck ass! So really for all those of us who have bought the box sets already or have our favs stashed away on a tape or dvd, this is really $19.99 for the Treasure disc? What a joke >.<

compulsive dvd
02-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Well, I guess I'll save money by not having to buy any of it. It's really disappointing. Even if they included some of the better stories Lifetime shows often it would be worth it just to get it without the lifetime bug on the screen the whole time. The only way I'd consider getting it is if they included the old graphics. I just don't like the ghost or ufo segments. I don't even own those sets. The fertility segment just tops it all off. They would have had me though, at gelatinous goo.

LooksLikeCRicci
02-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Bummer. I'll probably still buy it, but only because the Dannion Brinkley segment is on it, which highlights his assistance in solving a murder out of Montana... that's always a fun segment to show at parties... :0

nohwheregirl
02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
They would have had me though, at gelatinous goo.

Bwah!! :lol:

peachysquirt21
02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Well I wont be buying this set. IMO the episodes they picked for this best of stinks. Too bad the fans couldnt have picked the episodes for this set.

ddelta
02-09-2006, 01:49 PM
This absolutelty stinks. With the exception of the Cindy James case, Fritz case and KC firefighter case all of the others are no where near the best work UM did.

Here are some of them they SHOULD HAVE picked:

The three kids in the car who crash after a night of drinking. Two of them disappear and are found dead near the car....only problem is the sheriff checked those places prior to that.

The Son of Sam case analysis (some of the best work UM did in my opinion)

The Angela Hammond case - anyone reading these boards will see that this case has a lasting impression on almost everyone who was a UM fan

The Nyleen Kay Marshall case

The Katherine Kournizoullaus (sp?) case

The boys on the tracks episode - another fan favorite that scares the crap out of me still to this day seeing it.

The bunk bed that supposedly was possesed by demons

The story of the girl who thought she was going to die before her 16th bday and then disappeared shortly after that.

The Lisa Ziegart case - schoolteacher who was kidnapped from a card store and found murdered on easter. UM did a great job of showing this case.

The church explosion case where all the choir members came late and survived. That explosion was great work on UM and it was a very touching story.

The Nancy Allison Psychic story - an old one that i love.

I can't believe some of the ones they picked for this DVD. I won't be buying it for sure.

greatgarrett
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
peachysquirt21 was right in that it would be nice if the fans would've picked the segments for this set, I'll still buy it tho for collecter's sake and because it has some episodes I don't own.
Alot of the episodes are on the previous dvd sets, though. Oh well, it would be nice if the included more episodes from 1987-90. That's just my opinion.

I agree with ddelta......especially in regaurds to the Son of Sam case analysis, the boys on the tracks (which was one of the older, best ones), and the story of the girl who thought she was going to die. VERY creepy! Those definately shoud've been included on the set since I have a genuine interest in true crime and never seen Son of Sam and the girl who disappeared.....I would LOVE to see them.....

Cheers,

greatgarrett

JimmyHendricks
02-09-2006, 06:46 PM
ddelta, the Exploding Church Story IS on there.

Look, we all whine about how the sets are poorly arranged, but First Look is thinking of EVERYONE here, not just hardcore fans. I think that was the downfall of the individual sets--they try and reach out to Joe Anybody and hope that they buy the set because it has a variety of segments.

Personally, I think they should produce season sets, BUT--sell them online only, though Unsolved.com or something. I've always wondered why they didn't do this with less popular TV shows on DVD. Not that UM is unpopular, but it isn't going to sell as well as say, Family Guy.

Why not take pre-orders on the website every few months or so, and produce the sets based on THAT? That way, you aren't printing 250,000 sets that sit on shelves, instead, you are making the exact number of sets needed.

I dunno, I think it's a smart idea if you don't want to lose money.

DK2
02-10-2006, 12:48 AM
FRITZ AND THE SOLDIERS, SCARED TO DEATH, GOLDIES GIRL, BLACK HOPE CURSE, SLEEPWALKING, KC BLAST, TERRORIZED TEEN, DUTCH SCHULTZ TREASURE, MARCOS BUDDAH, LOST DUTCHMANS MINE, NAZI WAR TREASURE, PLUMMERS BOOTY, GHOSt-FIGHTERS, Haunting on 37th Street, Direct Contact, Mummy's Curse, Haunted Mansion.

This (if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong), are the ones that didn't come out on the dvd sets before? 17 stories. And also we're to get an intro from its creators (if thats still in the plan)? The commentaries are no doubt for the ones that have already had commentary. Its a sad effort. I'm not sure I'll bother. Lets hope if this could the last releases of UM dvds, maybe we'll at least see more "Best of" vol.'s. Where the stories will come out more to our liking with a variety selection that would be more like the UM episodes themsleves. I think I could live with more best of sets. Although theres plenty of room for more murders, the strange stuff. I agree that some segments definitely should've been on this, Son of Sam, Boys on Tracks, Bigfoot I, Loch Ness (for the variety factor).

PrettyinPink55
02-10-2006, 01:55 AM
ddelta, the Exploding Church Story IS on there.

Look, we all whine about how the sets are poorly arranged, but First Look is thinking of EVERYONE here, not just hardcore fans. I think that was the downfall of the individual sets--they try and reach out to Joe Anybody and hope that they buy the set because it has a variety of segments.

I think you're right about that. They rae trying to reach out to everyone, but in my opinion, they neglected the hard core fans. :(

Those stories are not the best of unsolved mysteries!

SP4CE INV4DERZ
02-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Maybe thats what we could do; everyone pick 5 cases and tally them up and give Crystaldawn the best 25 or so picked by us hardcore fans to pass it onto John Cosgrove or whoever it was she was emailing? Or is that wishfull thinking and a waste of time?

LooksLikeCRicci
02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
I think it's wishful thinking, but anything's worth a shot.

Hey, does anyone else think that they've included the Larry Dickens case because Matthew McConaughey (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000190/) is in the segment and they want to say, "Hey! We hired him first!"

DK2
02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Another few stories that should've been in there, the one with that guy that went right onto the airplane wing, and fell off to his death when the plain took off. That was just weird and why?
The DB Cooper one as well. I know it was on the other set, but I think its one of the best segments. I really wonder what the creators are thinking when they select these stories? I agree that they're trying to appeal to a point of purchase buyer and viewer, but still these are hardly (not all) the best ones. And like everyone says, why is it so isolated to the Lifetime repackaged episodes? They don't dwell any further to the shows earlier half of its run. The bang in the UM segments that should be considered the best, are the ones that make us think: what the?, what if?, how?. The ones with the best productions which make up the classic re-enactments. The ones shot on film certainly have that feel. The latter ones on video lose that feel.

I agree too they keep wanting to show off the Texas Most Wanted becuase of Matthew McConahey (sp?). But also maybe because the bastard was caught which gives it that most piogant feeling at the end.
Like I said I before, I hope theres more UM dvds, maybe at least more best of UM sets. I mean they could just make them as extended actual episodes, with a variety of segments (away from the Lifetime packed eps!).

PrettyinPink55
02-10-2006, 08:51 PM
The Tammi Lepart case should've been included!

toothytile
02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
best of? this S U C K S ! :(

Awsi Dooger
02-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Another few stories that should've been in there, the one with that guy that went right onto the airplane wing, and fell off to his death when the plain took off. That was just weird and why?

That guy was eventually identified a few years ago, although I don't remember his name. I think it turned out he was a distance runner and had a history of mental problems.

U.M. Fanatic
02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Of course they had to include the Cokeville, Wyoming school miracle and the Exploding Church stories--because we haven't seen those in DAYS. I am shocked--SHOCKED--that Resurrection Mary was not included.

The Fertility Statues story? On a BEST OF SET? What were they thinking?

It seems like most of the segments are the weak, 1996--the end segments, like the one on "Twins" and "Direct Contact" stories. BORING.

I don't know why they include such wishy washy segments. It IS nice to see the KC Firefighters segment included, however.

I obviously won't be picking this up.

:yeahthat especially about the fertility statues. ohno: :faint: Oh, the humanity!

It would've been nice if they had just asked us, the fans, what are favorite segments were, before putting this out.

MetalHybrid
02-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes it would be great they let us fans pick out the best of segments, but since when does that happen? Bands who put out a greatest hits album or live album don't ask the fans what songs to put on it, do they? Why would the poeple who do a best of' from a TV series do anything differently? And I think that b/c they are trying to attract the interest of all people, not just us hardcore devotees, it is even more important that they pick the segments of greatest quality. Why choose anything other than your best work to appeal only to a casual fan? That makes no sense at all.

Anyway this is personal list of what they should have included:

Bomb nearly kills a navy captain's wife but is most likely meant to kill him

L'enfant-Prisoner from Beruit got phone threats from a child

Tina Roesh's telekinesis

The Las Crusas NM bolwing alley massacre(a great way to keep this unsolved case in the public eye)

Tammi Leppert

Tracy Kirkpatrick

The man who grabbed the airplane and then fell off during the flight(his name was Brian Duecker)

SHC-Spontanious human combustion

The final appeal of Larry Race

The Circleville letters

The death of Jamie Santos, reported by a man who could either be a witness or a remoreful killer

Sacramento convenience store killings

And this should NEVER even be considered for a best of set:

Texas Most Wanted(but with Matthew McConnaughey it is going to be hailed as a classic, even if for cast instead of content)

Fertility Statues

At least I can be glad that they did not pick these segments:

Storm in Hell(this had SO much of a televangeical vibe to it)

Nantius cup may be the holy grail

Money from the sky

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but the idea of sending our personal top 5 to Crystaldawn to pass along to whoever she e-mailed is certanly worth a shot. Is there a way we can start a poll thread so we can vote on segments?

Awsi Dooger
02-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I was just looking at that list courtesy of crystaldawn, and it dawned on me (sorry :D ) that the list is comprised almost exclusively of unsolved cases. Is that virtually a pathetic prerequisite? Some of the notable absences are the cases that have been solved recently -- Lisa Marie Kimmell (Lil Miss), Mia Zapata, Music City Row, and the killer of Veronica Jefferson along with two other people. It would be ridiculous if cases like that were excluded partially because they have been solved but Lifetime never updated them.

GoldenGirlsFan92
02-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey, I just wanted to know are alot of these Segments (Not Including The NEW* Ghost&Treasures stories!) from the other 6DVDS Box Sets??!! Some looked filmiar from Strange Legends!! So..,are these from y=the other 5 Box-sets??ThankS!

DK2
02-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Yes, most of these stories are from the previous 6 UM dvd themed sets. I believe, the new 5 Ghost stories, the 7 Treasures, there are 3 others that weren't in the other sets, "Goldies Girl", "The Fritz and the Soldiers" and the "Sleepwalking" segments. 15 somewhat unreleased to dvd segments are really all thats new for the "Best of UM" set. Also I assume as indicated in the earliest news info, theres suppose to be commentary on some stories and an intro from the creators/producers. Hopefully the intro is new, it wouldn't make sense to have the 3 previous intros (from Miracles, Ghosts, UFO's) put onto the "Best of", as they were theme oriented.
Assuming the commentaries are carry overs from the stories that got commentated already, these stories would be:
ALLAGASH ABDUCTIONS, BRANDON LEE, TWINS, LUCKY CHOIR, TEXAS MOST WANTED, ROSWELL.
So possibly only 6 stories will have commentary, unless new commentaries for the other stories are added. I'm hoping at the least for new commentaries to help out this set (wishful thinking). This is all we really are getting from the Best of set.

unsolvedfan4life
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I love all of the Unsolved Shows, but I think there should be complete box sets of the seasons from 1987-1992 that would be great, but probably never happen. One can dream.

greatgarrett2
04-04-2006, 08:09 PM
I contacted First Look Media today and requested a list of the segments that will be on the "Best of" boxed set and he was nice enough to comply. Here's what he sent me:

Disc 1

ALLAGASH ABDUCTIONS Four men camping in the Allagash Wilderness are some of the hundreds who believe they were abducted by aliens. While boating on a wilderness lake, all four saw an immense blue-white light above them. Their next memory is being back on shore, several hours later, with no idea what had happened. Elaborate hoax? They swear its true, and all four passed polygraph exams.

LUCKY SCHOOL - David Young and his wife Doris nearly wiped out an entire generation in Cokeville, Wyoming by setting off a bomb in the local school. Miraculously, all of the children survived. A few were adamant about seeing what they called a presence hovering about their heads in the classroom just before the explosion.

LIFE AFTER LIGHTNING Best-selling author Dannion Brinkley was struck by lightning, declared dead, and had a vivid near-death experience which profoundly changed his life. The experience transformed him from a self-confessed bully into a Good Samaritan who volunteers at hospices. He was also imbued with startling psychic powers that have allowed him to predict 117 future occurrences.

ELVIS's LAST NIGHT On August 16, 1977, Elvis Presley's life came to an end. Some say he died of a heart attack. However, his friends reveal that at the end, Elvis was taking three sets of uppers and downers every day. One the day he died, he disappeared into his bathroom at 9:30pm and, it was discovered later, took three sets of his drugs at the same time, including large dosages of codeine and Demerol. Elvis' stepbrother believes he committed suicide.

FRITZ AND THE SOLDIERS During WWII a young boy and his mother living in an isolated cabin take in soldiers from the U.S. and Germany on Christmas Eve. The war was nearly over and Fritzs mother insisted that the men come together for the meal. Fritz now lives in the U.S. and is looking for the soldiers. UPDATE: Ralph Blank was found in Frederick, Maryland after the chaplain of his nursing home heard him talk about the same story as the chaplain had seen on UM.

GHOST BOY Denice Jones was cleaning the kitchen one night when she heard a scream in her youngest son's bedroom. Alarmed, Denice ran upstairs to find five year old son Michael curled up in the corner of his room. He explained that a crayon color white man had come to his room and tried to touch his shoulder. He was sent to warn Michael to stay away from the bad ghosts. But the warning would prove futile. Soon, Michael and his family say they were plagued by spirits in their home: glowing balls of light, levitating furniture, and demons that would physically leave their mark on Michael until he bled. Medical tests would reveal that Michael had no mental or physical problems to explain this phenomenon.

SCARED TO DEATH Cindy James was found dead from a heroin overdose, with her hands and feet bound tightly behind her and a nylon stocking tied around her neck. Police psychiatrist said she suffered from multiple personalities and one of them killed her. Her father and others disagree.

Disc 2

GOLDIES GIRL In 1964 pregnant Delia Fazzani was banished by her parents to stay at the Loreto Convent outside London, and forced to give up her child to an American couple. UPDATE: Shortly after East Coast broadcast, Delia Fazzani's long lost daughter called the Unsolved Mysteries telecenter. Now named Laura Powell Franklin, she is married with two children and lives near Utica, NY. Laura and Delia talked for three hours over the phone.

BRANDON LEE The son of Bruce Lee died in a shooting accident on the set of a movie. Was Brandon a victim of the Lee family curse or just bad luck?

MEXICO UFO Since the last total solar eclipse in July of 1991, there have been thousands of UFO sightings throughout Mexico. Many people claimed to have seen a silver metallic disc with a dark underside, three shining lights and an undulating dome.

BLACK HOPE CURSE Families flee a new Texas subdivision after a series of horrifying paranormal events precede the grisly discovery that their homes are built over an old slave burial ground. The movie Poltergeist was based in part on this true story.

TWINS Study of the amazing personality similarities and possible psychic abilities shared by twins. Even when they are raised in separate environments, they still manifest common traits. Medical science can't explain these phenomena.

FERTILITY STATUES Two statues, five feet tall, ebony, from West Africa seems to have an affect on the fertility of women who work at the Ripleys Museum in Orlando, Florida. According to the Baoule Tribe, the statues a man and a woman have an incredible power, the spirit of fertility. So far 143 pregnancies, many of them by women trying unsuccessfully to conceive, have been reported by people who have touched the two statues.

LUCKY CHOIR In 1951 the Beatrice, Nebraska West Side Baptist Church was completely destroyed in a blast caused by a gas leak. But because of a series of unrelated circumstances and delays, all twelve members of the choir, who were regularly scheduled to rehearse at that time, were late and were therefore spared from the blast. They still believe their lives were saved by an act of God.

COLORADO COP KILLERS On May 29, 1998, a hail of bullets killed Police Officer Dale Claxton as he sat in his police cruiser in Cortez, Colorado. Officer Claxton had just pulled over a stolen truck, but as he was checking the license plates, three suspects from inside the truck brandished automatic weapons and began firing, killing the officer instantly. UPDATE: On 11/22/99 UM received a call from a viewer stating that a body found in the desert was identified as one of the suspects.

Disc 3

SLEEPWALKING One man was killed while sleepwalking in the street; another woman is injured because of walking through a plate glass window. Find out about strange and mysterious incidences of sleepwalking.

TEXAS MOST WANTED Edward Harold Bell regularly exposed himself to children and shot to death Larry Dickens, the man who tried to stop him. While released on bail, he sold all of his belongings and fled. UPDATE: An UM viewer identified him as a businessman in Panama. He was convicted and received a 70-year sentence.

AFTER DEATH VISITS According to a noted medical researcher, 7 out of 10 widows say their spouses have come back to visit them after death. Two astonishing cases are profiled which suggest these visitations are not merely hallucinations.

KC BLAST In Kansas City, six fire fighters were killed due to an explosion set off by arson. UPDATE: Indictments were handed down charging 5 defendants with arson, resulting in deaths. Prosecutors said the fires were deliberately set during an attempt to steal equipment and dynamite from the construction site. Each of the defendants now faces up to life in prison.

TERRORIZED TEEN Home alone sick from school, 14 year old Sarah Powell is the victim of a break-in so traumatic, it sends her into a state of temporary amnesia. Months later, as her memory starts to return, so do the horrific details of her attack.

ROSWELL In 1947, Rancher Mac Brazel claimed to have found a crashed UFO on his land. The strange looking wreckage had mysterious markings resembling Egyptian hieroglyphics. Evidence suggests government/military officials removed evidence and covered up the incident, retracting press announcements of their findings. Since the 1947 Roswell Incident a new eyewitness account suggests that in 1947 the Army did, in fact, recover bodies of alien beings.

CAMPUS MURDER EXPOSE Vincennes University journalism student Brook Baker was murdered after she began working on an expose about a date rape alleged to have occurred at a fraternity. She told police a fraternity member had threatened her. UPDATE: Brian Jones, a former Vincennes University student, was arrested for the death of another Vincennes coed, Erika Norman, in July 1999. Jones was sentenced to 60 years in prison for Erikas murder as part of a plea agreement in which prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty if Jones was convicted for the death of Brook Baker. He was found guilty of killing Brook and was sentenced to life in prison.

BABYS BREATH A couple gave birth to a baby born with no vital signs. An emergency medical team tried desperately to revive him, but after 33 minutes, he was officially declared dead. The family gave permission for an autopsy, but first they were given time to say their good-byes. They go to the morgue to hold him and, suddenly, he began to breathe. The six doctors and eight nurses believe they witnessed a miracle.

Disc 4 Treasures & Ghosts

DUTCH SCHULTZ TREASURE When gangster Dutch Schultz was gunned down, he had supposedly hidden away $7 million dollars in upstate New York. Where did it go?

MARCOS BUDDAH Roger Roxas, an amateur treasure hunter, claims that he found a 2000 pound solid gold Buddha and countless boxes of gold bars which Ferdinand Marcos later seized. A Swiss court later recognized Roxas claim. UPDATE Pres. Ferdinand Marcos seized the Japanese war booty from Roger Roxas, an impoverished Filipino locksmith, and was ordered to give his family $460 million.

LOST DUTCHMANS MINE Treasure hunters have searched for decades for the infamous "Lost Dutchman" mine in Arizona.

NAZI WAR TREASURE Towards the end of WWII, the Nazis allegedly smuggled millions of dollars in gold & jewels out of a concentration camp in Germany. The treasure had been confiscated from victims of the infamous Dachau camp. Treasure hunter Dr. Edward Greger is convinced the $50 million treasure was buried on the shores of Lake Lunarzee in the Austrian Alps.

PLUMMERS BOOTY 1863 Montana Sheriff Henry Plummer secretly moonlighted as the leader of notorious bandits called the "Road Agent Gang."Â His dual life was later revealed and he was hung for his offenses. But the hidden location of nearly $6 million in gold still remains a mystery.

GHOSt-FIGHTERS Ghosts of Julia and Abraham Staab haunt a New Mexico hotel.

Haunting on 37th Street In January 1997, the Woods family began witnessing inexplicable occurrences in their 37th St. home. Mary, Ed and their two daughters have come to recognize four ghosts. Are these spirits connected to 1935 and 1974 neighborhood homicides?

Direct Contact What happens when we die? Is there a life beyond this one? Remarkably, 4 out of 10 people say they've experienced some form of communication with the dead, often through dreams. These "visits" are called "direct contacts".

Mummy's Curse Howard Carter, Lord Carnarvon and Lady Evelyn Herbert discovered a treasure trove of King Tutankhamun's most prized possessions. Twenty deaths are attributed to the subsequent curse of the mummy.

Haunted Mansion In 1931, Bill Beatty died before completing his dream home replica of a 17th Century Normandy castle. Present day occupants believe Beatty still haunts the residence.

Chris Billings, I found that crystaldawn posted all the 'Best of' Segments earlier in this thread.

Hope you find this helpful.

Cheers

Sorry for this post, I made a mistake and thought I was still posting to the thread, 'Who has their DVD Set yet?' My mistake. Hope Chris Billings finds this, if not I'm sorry. He posted a question of what's on the 'Best of Set'. I thought I was posting to the thread 'Who has their DVD Set yet?' when I quoted crystaldawn.

My mistake. And one more thank you to crystaldawn for posting the segments.

Cheers,

greatgarrett2