PDA

View Full Version : John & Linda Sohos

buckeyeblogger
01-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Just saw this story today for the first time, very strange. Young married couple were supposed to go on a trip and be back within 2 weeks, however, they never came back home. The young man's mom, whom the couple were living with, told the young woman's family they were on some secret mission for the government. The mother was supposedly a serious drunk and that's how she was portrayed via UM, giving bizarre answers to Linda's family when they checked up on where they were.

The strangest part of the story was that there was some houseguest by the name of Christopher Chichester living at the mother's house. He effectively disappeared soon after the couple for their trip. Several years later a man who authorities are positive was Chichester tried to sell John Sohos' pickup truck on the east coast somewhere.

Adding to this bizarre story is of course the human skeletal remains found in the back yard of Rohos' home. If I remember correctly, dental records were inconclusive so no one knows what happened to the couple nor Chichester, the mother died in 1988.

I've been reading some interesting theories from past postings in this forum and the one that sounds the most sound is that Chichester and the wife started getting it on and decided to kill John. They concocted the story about the government job and sent the postcards from Europe (I think I have that part right) to cover their tracks.

To me that seems to be the only logical explination for this.. otherwise, what would be the motive for the murder that happened at the house (forensic investigators found blood in Chichester's room, years later doing tests -- after the body was found in the back yard).

The one footnote was that some unnamed woman picked up Linda's cats at some point from the kennel and was never heard from or seen again.

For some reason this case really got to me. Anyone have any theories or have you heard anything?

Allierain
01-11-2006, 05:39 AM
I've always liked this story, not because of the missing people (never a funny or positive situation) but because of the twists and turns- the postcards from Europe, the skeleton in the back yard, the odd behavior of the mother, and the Christopher Chichester taking on an alias and trying to sell the Sohos truck on the other side of the country, the unidentified lady and the cats. It's an odd case, but I definitely smell foul play.

I was wondering about the skeletal remains and the postcards while I was watching the segment. These days, with DNA advancing all the time, they should have at least been able to establish by now if the skeleton is John Sohos/Sohus or not. And the writing on the postcards could have been compared to known samples of Sohos writing.

I cannot find any information online about this case. Anything is possible of course. The theory that places Linda Sohos and Chichester as lovers seems as plausible as any. It establishes a motive, which is seemingly absent from the theory that he murdered them both and left the mother alone. Perhaps there was something to what she said about their "mission" and Chichester was a government agent. There are so many odd points to this case, I wouldn't rule out anything.

PrettyinPink55
01-13-2006, 08:25 PM
This is my third time seeing the case. I watched it at night this time, so the picture of Chichester scared the crap out of me lol. Anyhow, this case is one of the more interesting ones, I think...like you said because of the twists and turns. And also like Robert Stack said, it seems like the plot right out of a horror novel! I was hoping somebody knew something more about this case.

I never thought of Linda and Chischester having an affair....interesting theory.

U.M. Fanatic
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
This is my third time seeing the case. I watched it at night this time, so the picture of Chichester scared the crap out of me lol. Anyhow, this case is one of the more interesting ones, I think...like you said because of the twists and turns. And also like Robert Stack said, it seems like the plot right out of a horror novel! I was hoping somebody knew something more about this case.

I never thought of Linda and Chischester having an affair....interesting theory.

Now, what have we told you about watching these segments at night? ;)

I agree though, this segment is one of my favorites also. If only we could find out some updates to this case. :(

PrettyinPink55
01-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Now, what have we told you about watching these segments at night? ;)

I agree though, this segment is one of my favorites also. If only we could find out some updates to this case. :(

That's the most fun part of it though...watching it at night! Lifetime should air it at night again!

LooksLikeCRicci
01-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I like the theory that Christopher and Linda were having an affair. It was the first thing I thought when I rewatched this segment recently... to me, it was just too weird that they didn't find Linda's bones as well. The houseguest was creepy, though.