PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Tijuana Trip (AND) Joey and the Christmas Party 12/15/05

Brian Damage
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
JOEY HELPS HIS NEPHEW GET OVER HIS BREAK-UP BY TAKING HIM SOUTH OF THE BORDER - After Michael (Paulo Costanzo) breaks up with his girlfriend, Joey (Matt LeBlanc) and Zach (Miguel Nunez) take him to Tijuana to help him get over it. After a rowdy night, Joey and Zach find themselves in an awkward situation which brings them a little too close for comfort. Also starring Drea de Matteo and Andrea Anders.

IT'S CHRISTMAS WITH THE TRIBBIANIS - Joey (Matt LeBlanc) throws a holiday party in his old apartment and has to iron out some bumps with Alex (Andrea Anders). Meanwhile, Bobbie (Jennifer Coolidge) attends the party with her controlling boyfriend who does not deal well with the situation. Also starring Drea de Matteo, Paulo Costanzo, Miguel Nunez.

blade1
12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
an absolutely brilliant episode, the best i have seen so far

snl 70s show fan
12-15-2005, 09:58 PM
i really enjoyed it too

Friends01169
12-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Are you kidding me? There is no way that that episode is going to be the last episode. Rumour has it that NBC will make an announcement in January about a timeslot change. It's about time too. The only hope for Joey surviving is the decision to move it. Even without competition from Survivior it still can't manage decent ratings, although the second episode did manage its highest ratings this season. Event though Joey has been improving nearly every week this season, a new day should hopefully attract more viewers. Here's hoping that Joey's premiere episode in its new timeslot will receive HUGE ratings.

cablejockey
12-17-2005, 08:55 AM
I thought it was weird that there was a Christmas tree and other decorations but nobody mentioned that it was Christmas.
This show is ok, I mostly tune in just to say 'Adrianna lives!'

DukeDevils9192
12-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Man, why couldn't they do even HALF that well last season to keep some viewers? This was absolutely wonderful. The Joey/Zach plot in the first half was incredibly shocking, a twist that I definitely didn't see coming. The reaction to it was classic Joey/Chandler and it always works.

I generally don't care for Joey/Alex, but Alex was so incredibly sweet over the course of both episodes. The end was heartbreaking.

Absolutely wonderfully episode. I don't think the show's ever yet, but if it is, this was a hell of a way to go out.

And cablejockey...they did Secret Santa and they had a Christmas party. Howard even gave out Christmas presents. I'd hardly say they ignored it.

cablejockey
12-18-2005, 09:08 AM
I guess I missed the Secret Santa stuff--Joey, I hope you can forgive me!!

DukeDevils9192
12-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Remember, they drew Secret Santa names at the beginning and Howard rigged it so he would get Joey. Alex made him trade. Then, Alex gave Joey a white Christmas for his present.

cablejockey
12-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Well that explains it--I missed the first minutes of the show due to unforseen circumstances. By the time I started watching, joey was telling his nephew that he should stay single and have fun. Then they decided to go to Tijuana.
Now that Survivor is over, I get to watch Joey more often, so I hope it doesn't get cacelled.

staypuftman2004
12-22-2005, 10:08 PM
both eps were funny

robyrob
12-22-2005, 10:40 PM
i LOVED both eps, I can't understand why this show is failing in the ratings - are the majority of viewers dumber than joey?

savy333
01-05-2006, 02:38 AM
This 2 part episode was great! I loved it. If it was the series finale, then it was a perfect episode. But, I hope they continue the show since it has gotten rather good lately. It is just a shame that Joey has practically become a laughing stock!

I loved when Bobbie walked in on the two girls hugging and said that she "just walked into a Lifetime Original Movie!" And, the Joey and Zach marriage had me on the edge of my seat! And at the end, when I saw the snow on the back porch... it was so sad. I wanted to cry. It was just a great episode. Funny. Emotional. And shocking! It was great!

Friends01169
01-05-2006, 03:47 AM
This 2 part episode was great! I loved it. If it was the series finale, then it was a perfect episode. But, I hope they continue the show since it has gotten rather good lately. It is just a shame that Joey has practically become a laughing stock!

I loved when Bobbie walked in on the two girls hugging and said that she "just walked into a Lifetime Original Movie!" And, the Joey and Zach marriage had me on the edge of my seat! And at the end, when I saw the snow on the back porch... it was so sad. I wanted to cry. It was just a great episode. Funny. Emotional. And shocking! It was great!

I totally agree. It's the kind of stuff Friends had and it works well in Joey too. Loved them, both.

Friends01169
01-05-2006, 03:48 AM

I totally agree. It's the kind of stuff Friends had and it works well in Joey too. Loved both episodes.