PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Robin Kelly fired from That 70's Show

factsfanatic
12-29-2000, 09:52 PM
Lisa Robin Kelly who plays Eric's bratty sister Laurie has been "let go" from That 70's Show, becauses sources say she has been having drug proplems. Early reports state that the show tried to help her with a month stay at a clinic, and if she agreed and got better she could keep her job. Later reports state that she went to the clinic, but people found her at her home passed out after taking too many drugs. That was the final straw for the show and she was ultimatly terminated.

Grooveline
01-31-2001, 04:22 AM
The sequence of events was a slightly different, although it probably doesn't matter since the end result is the same.

In early November, after a couple weeks of erratic & disruptive behavior, she failed to show for rehersal the day before filming. A couple producers went to her home and found her whacked out on pills & booze. They immediately took her to the hospital & entered her in a 30-day treatment program, for which the show paid. She was suspended & given an ultimatum - Get clean or you're history.

She completed the program in early December & was released. When she failed to show for a meeting with the producers the following day (because she'd fallen right off the wagon), she was immediately fired.

Bye, Laurie, it was fun while it lasted....

Grooveline
01-31-2001, 04:23 AM
The sequence of events was a slightly different, although it probably doesn't matter since the end result is the same.

In early November, after a couple weeks of erratic & disruptive behavior, she failed to show for rehersal the day before filming. A couple producers went to her home and found her whacked out on pills & booze. They immediately took her to the hospital & entered her in a 30-day treatment program, for which the show paid. She was suspended & given an ultimatum - Get clean or you're history.

She completed the program in early December & was released. When she failed to show for a meeting with the producers the following day (because she'd fallen right off the wagon), she was immediately fired.

Bye, Laurie, it was fun while it lasted....

P
03-10-2001, 02:36 PM
Its a sad thing to happen to such a pretty young actress that had promise.I sure hope she gets some real help and sticks with it.We wouldnt want another Freddie Prinze Sr situation.That happened because people werent keeping as close of an eye on him as they should (in his condition).Right now she is in a similar state.People need to be aware and stay aware.I just hope her family is taking charge.A whole career could be washed up because of her habits.
Everyone should have known something was up,because in an ET interview she was all giggly and "stupid" acting...like she was under the influence of something.I would hope it was just her jovial personality,but I am afraid it wasnt.

Purple Velvet Bohemian
03-14-2001, 12:15 PM
That's really too bad. I hate to hear that. So are they having her move away, or are they going to hire another actress to play her like on Bewitched, or just have her disappear like they did Chuck on Happy Days? I hope she gets her life together, I would hate to see her lose everything.

rocknroll7777
03-31-2001, 11:51 PM
Okay I am glad someone said something cuz I was gettin suspicious

1) You notice when she and Kelso broke up you never even saw her? He just finds out she cheated and leaves.

2) They changed the theme song to disinclude her

3) They started the storyline about her and the whole buety salon thing and never went into it.

She was my favorite http://www.sitcomsonline.com/ubb/frown.gif
I hope she comes back or gets her own spinoff

------------------
If "The Facts Of Life" were all about you, why weren't u ever on the show?

coily2
04-01-2001, 12:11 PM
You know, now that you mention it, you haven't seen her on camera lately. I hope she either cleans up and is rehired, or they recast the role. Laurie is the most entertaining one on that show!

How I will always remember Laurie:
Jackie: Fez, only the cheapest, sluttiest woman would find that look attractive.
Laurie: DAMN FEZ! You're looking good!

P
04-01-2001, 09:39 PM
She was a good "evil" foil against the rest of the characters...more than a match for them all.I miss her already.If they recast her I dont think it would be the same.I havent seen anything online about her.....I hope she is doing OK.Even the official That 70s Show site still has her in the images and as part of the cast.Maybe she isnt fired afterall? Maybe she will return after "re-hab"? Hopefully they just didnt cast her aside and have her fend for herself.

rocknroll7777
04-02-2001, 06:10 PM
Recasting Laurie will never work

Henrly Winkler is Fonzie
Lisa Whelchel is Blair
Drew Carey is Drew Carey
Lisa Robin Kelly is Laurie

------------------
If "The Facts Of Life" were all about you, why weren't u ever on the show?