PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump blames "Joey" for Apprentice's slip in ratings

savy333
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
What else can you expect from a man with an ego the size of Texas? Here he is saying that the only reason he has poor ratings this season is because Joey is not a strong lead in:

"If we had the same lead-in as season one, I think I'd be getting higher ratings than season one," Trump said, referring to the year "Friends" kicked off Thursday nights. "Instead of having 'Joey' and whatever, I think we would have actually higher ratings."

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't hold water. With the invention of Tivo/DVRs and the remote control, people don't just leave the TV on one channel for the whole night. Joey comes on an hour before the Apprentice and there is a half an hour between the two shows. It wouldn't matter how many veiwers the show had, people are not so lazy that they won't turn the TV off or change the channel. The reason the Apprentice is failing is because it is in its fourth season and people are getting bored with the show. Most reality shows don't have longevity. Yet, Trump blames Joey!

Is it just me, or does it seem like Joey is the butt of jokes lately? I saw Jennifer Coolidge on the Late Late show the other day and when the host started talking about Joey the audience laughed and giggled for no reason.

Here is the full article about the Apprentice if anyone is interested...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/364046p-310014c.html

He also blames Martha Stewart for his slip in the ratings. Martha's show is actually better then his this season because at least Martha is nice and we aren't just watching some pig talk about how great he is! Uh, I hate Trump!

blade1
11-15-2005, 10:24 PM
too much ego for trump, the fact is tht now ppl r tired of his show bcz c mon u get tired of reality shows after 2 or 3 seasons.

Brian Damage
11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
The show has been on long enough where people will watch his show no matter what. It wouldn't matter what was on before it. That is just a silly comment.