PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Poker 11/3/05

Brian Damage
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
JOEY GOES ON "CELEBRITY POKER" - In an effort to keep Joey (Matt LeBlanc) away from his attractive new interior designer, Alex (Andrea Anders) tries to teach him Texas Hold 'em. When Joey gets frustrated with losing, she begins to get creative with the rules of the game which make things very interesting when Joey is asked to go on "Celebrity Poker." Also starring Drea de Matteo, Jennifer Coolidge, Paulo Costanzo.

blade1
11-02-2005, 11:38 PM
appreciate it bro, can't wait to see this episode

blade1
11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
it was an amazing episode, i loved wat happened on the poker table. also good news is tht michael is nt a virgin anymore :D

DukeDevils9192
11-03-2005, 09:54 PM
It started off slow and I was pretty disappointed, but everything from Joey showing up on the celebrity poker set and on was just fantastic.

"That's why I haven't gotten with your mom, yet" was the line of the night for me.

Man, there was just some great stuff. The end where Alan Thicke came running after Joey was also pretty awesome.

The only complaint I have is that they really stiffed Michael tonight. His deflowering should have been bigger, I think. Ah well.

slackermonkey
11-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Alex teaching Joey Texas Hold 'Em was way too similar to Chandler teaching Joey Cups on "Friends," right down to the whole "I have two jacks and you have a 2 and 4, you win!" part.

All in all, the episode was okay. Better than last episode, but not as good as the rest of the season's been. The whole Celebrity Poker aspect seemed somewhat rushed, but was still pretty funny. I had the same reaction about Michael losing his virginity - a bigger deal should have been made of it. I appreciate that it wasn't something shoved down our throats like a "very special episode," but it was a major enough milestone for the character to be better acknowledged.

Zach really needs to have a stronger presence on this show so far. Maybe they're keeping his part light to ease the transition of adding him on the show, but seven episodes in he's just... there. I don't mind the whole Alex having feelings for Joey, but I wish it could be a less frequent subplot. It's completely in character for her to drag it out, so that's fine, but it's been focused on EVERY episode so far. Give Alex some non-Joey related plots every one or two episodes.

DukeDevils9192
11-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I was disappointed about the Cups thing, too, but to justify it to myself, I decided the writers wanted us to remember it so we'd remember just how gullible Joey is when it comes to cards. I think of it as working together to further this story.

Brian Damage
11-04-2005, 09:44 AM
The episode as a whole was a letdown to me. Sorry, but a major subplot last season was that Michael was a virgin. It just wasn't hyped enough in this episode. The worst episode of the season.

savy333
11-04-2005, 11:36 PM
The best part was when Boobbie screamed out "What the Bleep are you doing?"

Also, when she told Alex that she better get out of the way, unless she wanted to "be punched or made out with"! That was funny!

The Cups similarity really turned me off too. And I also expected Michael finally doing it to be a bigger deal.

The episodes this season haven't seemed to flow that much. Everyone's common link is Joey and no one is really friends with each other. That needs to change! Everyone should be friends with everyone. Joey shouldn't be the only glue that holds everyone together. I think that is why this season is bothering me a little. Bobbie needs to be thrown into the mix a little more. She shouldn't only be seen when Joey has a crisis and needs to call someone. Bobbie should hang out at the apartment more.

sonyab
11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
When alex was teaching Joey poker it reminded me of Chandler and Joey playing poker on friends. When Chandler was making card games up. they just recycled the storyline. Mike finally lost his virginity! Wow! When she came out of his room that shocked me. I have been waiting for the day Mike lost his virginity rofl.

Alex was so annoying! Just tell him how you feel about him and let's get on with things. The celebrity poker was funny. ROFL. Poor Joey rofl. Allen Thicke wanted his money ROFL. Pretty good episode.. :)

slackermonkey
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
The episodes this season haven't seemed to flow that much. Everyone's common link is Joey and no one is really friends with each other. That needs to change! Everyone should be friends with everyone. Joey shouldn't be the only glue that holds everyone together.

I disagree. Gina and Alex are clearly very good friends. Joey, Gina and Michael are family, so obviously they're close. Michael and Alex hang out alone together and play racquetball. Joey and Gina are the only ones with any real connection to Bobbie, and that's only professionally, so it makes sense that they're not really friends. The only exception is Zach, who has so far only made good friends with Joey, but he hasn't been around long enough to build tight friendships with the others yet.

Bobbie needs to be thrown into the mix a little more. She shouldn't only be seen when Joey has a crisis and needs to call someone. Bobbie should hang out at the apartment more.

I think they've done a great job integrating Bobbie into the cast more this season. She's been far from "only being seen when Joey has a crisis" - she's had a number of stories with Gina and a few with Alex, and I honestly can't think of a single moment so far this season where her only role was someone for Joey to call when he's in trouble.

You can only throw her in the mix so far though, because Bobbie is not meant to be part of Joey's circle of friends and family. She's his agent, they're only acquainted on a professional level. Also, her role is intended as a bit part - a broad comic character who appears only in a scene or two.

staypuftman2004
11-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I thought it was pretty funny

Johnny S
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
It was decent. Not the seasons best though. So far IMO it's "Joey And The Stuntman".

tvfan0101
11-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I was disappointed. The poker game was just embarrassing and the rest of the episode felt weak.