PDA

View Full Version : Betty Jo, Billie Jo, or Bobbi Jo?

danpfd
11-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Who do you think was the most beautiful Bradley girl? For me, they were all very pretty girls ,but Bobbi Jo (Lori Saunders) was the one who made my heart 'flutter'! I had a "crush" on her as a little boy back in the 60's and still do to this day!! (my wife knows all about it) I even e-mailed her and told her how much I enjoyed her character and how beautiful she was (and still is!)

lotsanerve
11-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Indeed..Bobbi (Lori) was the prettiest...I can understand the "crush" you had on her. She has a few moments on the Ultimate Petticoat DVD out now during the "History of Hooterville"segment..Wow..she still looks great...

tv star collector
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Who do you think was the most beautiful Bradley girl? For me, they were all very pretty girls ,but Bobbi Jo (Lori Saunders) was the one who made my heart 'flutter'! I had a "crush" on her as a little boy back in the 60's and still do to this day!! (my wife knows all about it) I even e-mailed her and told her how much I enjoyed her character and how beautiful she was (and still is!)
It is interesting to note that Betty Jo (Linda Kaye Henning) was the only Bradley
girl who wasn't replaced. I've always suspected that creator/producer Paul
Henning showed a little bit of nepotism there. I mean, it isn't likely that he would
fire his own daughter. I don't mean to imply that Linda was a bad actress. In
fact, since her character was a tomboy, she probably had the most challenging
role. But I suspect that is why she had the most challenging role.

Linda53
11-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Actually, It wasnt Paul Henning who came up with the idea to cast his daughter in the role. Initially, he was against it! It definately was not nepotism that kept her in the role of Betty Jo. She was good at it and decided to continue playing the role.

The others were not replaced just for the heck of it, they were replaced because they chose to leave the show for one reason or another.

LInda

gilligan fanatic
11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Betty Jo has always been my favorite. She was so nice and pretty.

tv star collector
11-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Actually, It wasnt Paul Henning who came up with the idea to cast his daughter in the role. Initially, he was against it! It definately was not nepotism that kept her in the role of Betty Jo. She was good at it and decided to continue playing the role.

The others were not replaced just for the heck of it, they were replaced because they chose to leave the show for one reason or another.

LInda
Thanks for the info.

Scoobiedoo30
11-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Bobby Jo.

Tweety
11-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Betty Jo was my second favorite, but Bobbi Jo was the prettiest Bradley Girl...easily! :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

sbeamish
11-18-2005, 09:05 PM
They were all gorgeous, but I've got to go with Bobbi Jo.

DragonGD
04-27-2006, 01:08 AM
It's funny to me that there are so many Bobbi Jo fans. I recall chacking out a PJ site years back and everybody dug Betty Jo best. I love 'em all, but Bobbi Jo (Lori saunders) was unbelievably beautiful.

TV Knowledge Fan
04-27-2006, 06:07 PM
....I'd like to point out something most of you never knew before:

When Lori Saunders joined the series in the fall of 1965, she had previously appeared in some movies and TV shows under her REAL name, LINDA Saunders {i.e. "Mara Of the Wilderness"}. However, there was room on "PETTICOAT JUNCTION" for only ONE "Linda" in the closing credits of the show, and she had to officially change her first name to "Lori". And that's how she's been known since then!

As for my choice.....Betty Jo. Bobbi Jo WAS pretty; Betty was more....down to earth...you could talk to her, be her best friend, play baseball....and she was NICE.

clj2
04-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Betty Jo.

storrs19
05-04-2006, 09:50 AM
I also would have to vote for Lori Saunders as Bobbi Jo was my favorite.

comedyfreak
05-05-2006, 05:36 AM
I've always liked Betty Jo, she seemed so likeable. I can't wait for the next volume, I really enjoyed the first one and hearing the history and behind the scenes information. I seen from the special features that people didn't notice Bobbi Jo's departure when the show went to color, they found a good match in Lori Saunders

Tweety
05-05-2006, 07:25 AM
I've always liked Betty Jo, she seemed so likeable. I can't wait for the next volume, I really enjoyed the first one and hearing the history and behind the scenes information. I seen from the special features that people didn't notice Bobbi Jo's departure when the show went to color, they found a good match in Lori Saunders

When I first saw the show as a kid, Betty Jo was my favorite (she was very beautiful and a very nice girl), but that was before I really noticed how incredibly beautiful Bobbi Jo was...

You're so right about the 'original' Bobbi Jo though... we have a DVD set that has a few P Junction episodes (all B & W, with the original cast), and the girl who played Bobbi Jo looked a lot like Lori Saunders. I basically couldn't tell that it wasn't her until I saw the credits... her character of Bobbi Jo was totally different than Saunders' version, the original Bobbi Jo was a shy and brainy bookworm. But the girl that played her was gorgeous in the same way that Lori Saunders was. They looked very much alike.

treky
05-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Bobby Jo!:loveya:

treky
05-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Indeed..Bobbi (Lori) was the prettiest...I can understand the "crush" you had on her. She has a few moments on the Ultimate Petticoat DVD out now during the "History of Hooterville"segment..Wow..she still looks great...
she's also interviewed on the documentarry "PAUL HENNING AND THE HILLBILLIES" on THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES ultimate collection DVD. You're right she DOES still look hot! (I would!!!:lol: ) (the guys on here understand what I mean by that!)

baronzzz
05-16-2006, 12:01 AM
In order:
1. Lori Saunders's Bobbie Jo (a beauty)
2. Jeannine Riley's Billie Jo (she was the original and hot)
3. Pat Woodell (Original Bobbi Jo)
4. Betty Jo (Linda Kaye Henning)
5. Meredith MacRae's Billie Jo
6. Gunilla Hutton's Billie Jo

comedyfreak
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
When I first saw the show as a kid, Betty Jo was my favorite (she was very beautiful and a very nice girl), but that was before I really noticed how incredibly beautiful Bobbi Jo was...

You're so right about the 'original' Bobbi Jo though... we have a DVD set that has a few P Junction episodes (all B & W, with the original cast), and the girl who played Bobbi Jo looked a lot like Lori Saunders. I basically couldn't tell that it wasn't her until I saw the credits... her character of Bobbi Jo was totally different than Saunders' version, the original Bobbi Jo was a shy and brainy bookworm. But the girl that played her was gorgeous in the same way that Lori Saunders was. They looked very much alike.
They also said people didn't really notice Bobbie Jo's switch when they went to color since the resemblance was there.

David Falkayn
07-03-2006, 08:58 AM
They were all beautiful, but if I had to choose, I'd have to go with Bobbi Jo in both her incarnations: Pat Woodall and Lori Saunders--but it's a close call...like I said, all three were angels.

ThomasE
12-19-2006, 04:19 AM
I am going to have to go with Billie Jo. I loved Meredith McRae's portrayal of the character. I also loved Jeannine Riley's version as well. She reminded me of Loni Anderson. Gunilla Hutton had similarities to Jeannine as well. Billie Jo is my girl.

Dusty's Fan
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Bobbi Jo (Lori Saunders). But I agree that they all were very attractive.

Scoobiedoo30
03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
what is Bobby o Betty Jo Billie Jo upto now

ncrdbl1
01-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I can understand why Paul Henning didn't want linda to be Betty Jo. It was clear from the original cast that the town was NOT actually named after Horace Hooter. Jeanine and Pat were very well shall we say womanly and he may not have wanted his daughter to be seen in that way. Lori and Linda have to be the top two fan favorites. Jeanine, Pat and Gunilla were basically eye candy and Meridith was too sophisticated for the role. I know her character had travelled with her singing career but she lost the innocent country girl appeal of the others.

catlover79
01-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I related the most to Betty Jo.

AB
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
My favorite was Bobbi Jo played by Lori Saunders.

AB
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Here's a few pictures from the early episodes before Lori Saunders joined the cast.

Tweety
01-04-2008, 08:53 PM
what is Bobby o Betty Jo Billie Jo upto now

Meredith MacRae (born 1944) passed away in 2000 at age 56 (complications from brain cancer).

Lori Saunders (born 1941) has a web site:
http://www.lorisaunders.com/

Not sure what Linda Kaye Henning (born 1944) (Betty Jo) is doing these days...also not sure about Jeannine Riley (born 1940 original Billie Jo) Gunilla Hutton (born 1944 second Billie Jo) or Pat Woodell (born 1944 original Bobbi Jo) is doing either.

All I know is 1944 was a very good year when it came to producing beautiful ladies :)

Their individual pages on IMDB indicate that all of these ladies are still with us, with the exception of Meredith MacRae.

comedyfreak
01-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Linda Kaye Henning did commentary on the Ultimate Petticoat Junction Collection. She still looks nice, shared a lot of memories of the show and the cast.

Tweety
01-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Linda Kaye Henning did commentary on the Ultimate Petticoat Junction Collection. She still looks nice, shared a lot of memories of the show and the cast.

Awesome!

I wish that the entire series would be put on DVD... along with the Beverly Hillbillies.

It's been more than two years now since season 3 of Green Acres came out...we have all 3 seasons, but nothing has come out since, and there's no sign of a season 4 release that i've seen :(

janet42
01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
My list of the girls goes as follows.:

1. Linda Kaye as Betty Jo
2. Meredith MacRae as Billie Jo.
3. Pat Woodell as Bobbie Jo.
4. Lori Sauders as Bobbie Jo.
5. Jeanine Riley and Gunilla Hutton. (2-way tie.)

treky
01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Linda Kaye Henning did commentary on the Ultimate Petticoat Junction Collection. She still looks nice, shared a lot of memories of the show and the cast.she also does an introduction on the DVD set of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES ULTIMATE COLLECTION-VOLUME ONE and on the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES AND PETTICOAT JUNCTION ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS COLLECTION and she and Lori Saunders are interviewed in the doccumentary "Paul Henning and the hillbillies" on the BH set. They still look hot!!:loveya: (I would!-the guys here know what I mean!)

debiro1
07-09-2008, 11:39 PM
...I think the original Billie Jo and Bobbi Jo were better actresses than the latter. And I'd rather hear Pat Woodell sing than Meredith McCrae.