PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the ESL 10/20/05

Brian Damage
10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE FOR JOEY? - JOHN LARROQUETTE GUEST STARS - Joey (Matt LeBlanc) meets a beautiful woman who happens to be taking an English as a second language class. To court her, he also enrolls in the class. Meanwhile, Gina (Drea de Matteo) needs to help Bobby (Jennifer Coolidge) find a new client. Also starring Andrea Anders, Paulo Costanzo, Miguel Nunez and guest starring John Larroquette.

blade1
10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
an absolutely amazing episode, wayy to goo joey.

Johnny S
10-20-2005, 08:38 PM
It was decent, but not the best of the season so far. Hopefully the ratings went up at least a bit.

DukeDevils9192
10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, a step down from previous efforts, but still, it was pretty good. I was glad to see some of the real Joey pop up at times -- the classic double take in the trailer and the frown turning into an innocent smile as he looked at the gold star are both excellent moments.

It was really, really fun to see Joey in class and I would have liked to have seen more of that and less of the stuff on the set. They didnt seem to know how to write the Gina stuff and that's unfortunate. And what happened to Alex and Michael? They just faded out.

Great moments, but only a good episode.

blade1
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
It was decent, but not the best of the season so far. Hopefully the ratings went up at least a bit.

dude u cannot expect every episode to be spectacular, obviousally there r going to be some decent episodes. by the wayy season 2 has soo far been spectacular, much better performance as compared to season 1. slowly slowly, this show is moving on.

Brian Damage
10-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I thought it was a strong episode. Not the best, but overall very good.

slackermonkey
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Weakest episode so far. The Joey in ESL class was great, but the on-set parts were dull, mostly because John Larroquette's character bugs the hell out of me and I don't know why. Bringing Gina into that part of it helped though.

And can someone please give Michael and Zach something to do? Of six episodes, they've had like one storyline each so far this season. Even Bobbie is getting more screentime than them.

sonyab
10-21-2005, 05:44 PM
This was funny. Not as funny as last week's but it was still good. Joey deciding to enroll in an English class ROFL. Joey and Lockwood hate each other. They do a scene and go back to being mean ROFL. Lockwood wants out of the parachutte and Joey says oh let me help you with that ROFL. The trailer that moves rofl. Bobby can't have lockwood as a client because they had sex. ROFL. hey the ratings are improving! cool! :)

savy333
10-21-2005, 08:15 PM
The best part of the episode was when Bobbie told Joey he had to fire Gina because "if I don't fire her they'll think I've gone soft and ask for the day off when a family member dies". LOL!!!!

Johnny S
10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
dude u cannot expect every episode to be spectacular, obviousally there r going to be some decent episodes. by the wayy season 2 has soo far been spectacular, much better performance as compared to season 1. slowly slowly, this show is moving on.

I don't expect every episode to be spectacular... I was just sharing my opinion. By the way what's with the "dude"??? LOL

staypuftman2004
10-28-2005, 06:57 PM
i didn't like JOHN LARROQUETTE on the show