PDA

View Full Version : Why did Lecy (Becky number 1) leave 'Roseane' for the second time?

I love Turkish Delight!
08-09-2001, 03:04 PM
I know that she left Roseanne to go to college, but why did she rejoin the show and then leave it again for the second time? I hope somebody can answer this question for me, please I need to know!

TV Guy
08-23-2001, 09:29 PM
The official reason for Lecy leaving the first time was that she was going to college. When she returned in 1995 (which was supposed to be the eighth and final season), it was said that Lecy felt she could now balance both the show and her studies. There must have been scheduling problems, though, because her replacement, Sarah Chalke, had to fill in for Lecy several times during the 1995-96 season. When she left again, it was said that she had only returned for what she thought was the final season, and never planned to do another year beyond that.

Now, those are the official reasons. But I've heard all kinds of rumors that Tom Arnold was hitting on Lecy towards the end of her first stint on the show, and she left or was forced out because of that. Tom and Roseanne had broken up by the time Lecy returned, so who knows exactly why she left again.

Who knows what to believe? Only Lecy and Roseanne know for sure.

jo's bike
12-04-2001, 10:50 PM
i also heard lecy left the show because of problems with tom arnold and agreed to return when tom was no longer involved in the show.i also heard she was let go the second time because she was undependable and kept missing episodes .the thing i didnt like was the lecy becky and the chalck becky were two completely different charactors

jazzybill
03-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Becky Number 1 left the show to go to College. She came back and left again. She wanted to continue her college career