PDA

View Full Version : The Chicken Shirt

420JRMYA@messagez.com
09-08-2000, 05:39 PM
I'm interested in finding anyone who knows the origin/meaning of the chicken shirt that is seen throughout several of the episodes. Those who watch the show regularly have, I am sure noticed it, most visible in the "Martha's Vineyards" episode. I have looked and asked often and have yet to find out. Anyone who may have any info is encouraged to reply here or mail me directly!!

wishbone0221
11-12-2000, 07:29 PM
In an interview (I don't remember with who), ROseanne stated that someone had sent them the shirts and that they all thought it would be fun to wear them!

Dawn

Will and Grace Fanatic
07-30-2002, 04:06 PM
I was reading an article. They mentioned in the article that Tom Arnold hated a shirt Roseanne had. It may be that chicken shirt not really sure. Well anyways after they split and got divorced Roseanne decided she would have this shirt in every episode. Sometimes someone would be wearing it or Roseanne maybe taking out of the dryer. But they say it was in every episode on Roseanne once she and Tom split. Look for it. Kind of interesting.

flagler
08-27-2002, 10:37 PM
The Chicken Shirt from what I remember first appeared in season 2 during the episode Sweet Dreams. Lecy Goranson wore it (Becky) from what I remember they said it was a left over from the season one wardrobe.

After it was shown they got a lot of calls from people asking where they could buy one and so they continued showing it, in one episode every character wore the shirt.

Eventually they had to stop showing it because it got too many calls and they got sick of the interest in it, it didn't come back until later on in the series run I'm not sure why they brought it back, just for fun I suppose.

ricardo/mertz
08-27-2002, 11:06 PM
And doesn't Roseanne or Jackie have an apron they wear at the lunchbox w/ the chicken print like the shirt.:rolleyes:

Will and Grace Fanatic
08-28-2002, 01:49 AM
I think they both have aprons with chicken on them.

Brian Damage
08-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Yeah, they had both shirts and aprons. If Roseanne wore it to annoy Tom Arnold I think that was kind of stupid because why would he even watch the show? All I know is, by the end of the show, Roseanne made all the men on that show a bunch of spineless, babbling idiots.

iloveTV
09-08-2002, 06:18 PM
I totally disagree with Brian Damage!
Roseanne didn't make all the male characters "spineless, babbling idiots". Could you point out the episodes where the men displayed these 'traits'?

Will and Grace Fanatic
09-09-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by iloveTV
I totally disagree with Brian Damage!
Roseanne didn't make all the male characters "spineless, babbling idiots". Could you point out the episodes where the men displayed these 'traits'?

I agree with you ilovetv. The fact is Mark was always a moron and David was always afraid of Darlene. And Dan was never afraid to yell back at Roseanne. Remember the 8th season finale where he told Roseanne that she was fat too.

MonarC
12-05-2002, 05:03 PM
that chicken shirt thing was hilarious:lol:

Superbatboy
12-09-2002, 12:02 AM
In an episode during the 5th season when Roseanne got her tooth knocked out, she's wearing that shirt.

MilOGuy888
01-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah shes putting it up for auctioning soon on roseanneworld.com

Will and Grace Fanatic
01-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Adam1982
It was just a few days ago that I was watching and saw that shirt was on everyone in one episode from season 5...I totally loved it...I was like

"THERE IT IS AGAIN"...

pretty funny if you ask me...But then such is Roseanne right!...

Later:)
Adam1982

That is right. Roseanne is probably one of the funniest shows and comediennes ever.

Mysticmara
05-29-2003, 11:27 PM
I'd really like to find one of these shirts for myself. I just thought it was adorable. If anyone knows where to find one, please let me know. Thanks! :) ifelloffatrainanddied@yahoo.com (Click to email me)

MonarC
05-30-2003, 12:26 PM
that chicken shirt was so hilarious:lol:

db108108
06-10-2003, 07:59 AM
I think I just saw the first appearance of the chicken shirt. It was from the episode in season one or early season two in which Roseanne fantisises that she kills the kids and the ends of the show turns into a musical. Becky is wearing the chicken shirt for the whole episode

beckyc
06-27-2003, 07:21 PM
i was just watching one of those movies on roseanneworld and a person asked her what was the deal with the chicken shirt and why did everyone wear it. This is what she said:

"Well, we thought it was the ugliest shirt on Earth, and so we couldn't stop wearing it because it was so wrong. And I love to do the wrong thing and piss people off..."

then she kept going on but she got off topic.

Southern Hellraiser
05-20-2005, 07:57 PM
In Season 1 episode ''Were in the money'' Roseanne or Dan was drinking out of mug with that Chicken Shirt Symbol on the front.

*MIBabe03*
05-20-2005, 10:33 PM
That shirt was cool!

Plbrown046
05-29-2005, 02:23 PM
I liked the chicken shirt. I thought it was cool everyone wore it one time or another.I wouldn't mind getting the shirt.

deathorglory
02-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I found the shirt here http://www.etsy.com/shop/screenprint just bought it. Saw other sites for it for sale but they were not large prints like it was in the actual episodes. This one looks identical!