PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Spanking 9/29/05

Brian Damage
09-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Joey And The Spanking [Airing September 29]: Joey faces an unruly child actor on his new movie. When push comes to shove, Joey takes matters into his own hands with interesting results. Meanwhile, Gina helps Alex get over her lagging love life. Also starring Jennifer Coolidge, Paulo Costanzo and guest starring John Laroquette.

tvfan0101
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Eh, it was an okay episode. Not as amusing as the premiere. Alex's plot was much more interesting than Joey's.

Brian Damage
09-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I think it was above average. Not great, but not bad either. Alex is a star.

savy333
09-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I loved the episode! Alex was so funny when she told the two Monty Python freaks to seperate themselves! :lol:

And that little kid was so funny! I thought it was really great when Joey spanked him. Very funny and interesting story. I loved it!

My favorite part was Bobbie. When she asked Joey if he knew how to read... priceless!!! And also, when Bobbbie played the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game I was rolling on the floor laughing!

The whole bit about all the blonde guys making good Aretha Franklins was really funny too.

ekkostar
09-30-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm not a big Joey watcher, but this is one of the better ones I've seen.
The whole thing about the kid getting a spanking by Joey and thanks him for it is just a little odd, but what do you expect? These are all "Hollywood" characters, they're ment to be odd.

I suspected, with this being the big two-parter about Joey's big movie, that something more outragous would happen, like the studio sueing him for spanking the kid and going into some crazy rant about zero-tolerance and child abuse. Then again, I decided that maybe that was too much of a late 90s subject.

DukeDevils9192
09-30-2005, 08:44 AM
I thought it was a very, very good episode. It wasn't as good as the premiere but let's be honest: it's all a step down from episode one. This was better than even the best first season episodes in my opinion, though, as Joey proved to be a complete idiot.

There a LOT of great lines...

"You're not Joey's type."
"What's Joey's type?"
"The kind he hasn't slept with yet."

(About Kevin Bacon)
"We had sex on a boat. ONE!"

"The student has become the pupil."

"Our mom spanked us all the time, and we turned out fine."
"Oh yeah? Who's my dad?"

Just a lot of really good stuff. I think things are on the right track, for sure.

TVFactFan
09-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Alex can be a little whinny sometimes

Lurker
09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
That kid needed more than a tap on the butt. He needed a belt. This show doesnt need another "precocious kid". I hate it when a show has to stoop to a gary colman type.

Is the kid going to be a regular? If so, I am going to watch something else.

blwprytv
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
I think if Joey had taken a belt to the boy, it probably would have made too many people squeamish, especially since you'd have a white guy whipping a black child. Not very politically correct.

sonyab
09-30-2005, 02:40 PM
This was a pretty good and funny episode. Alex has feelings for Joey? Oh please.. Get over it! I wanted her to be with Mikey but now that she slept with Joey now she can't. That would be to gross. Joey spanked that boy was funny. He didn't even hit him hard. It was weak. :) John Larroquette
was great!!! Love him! He still looks hot! It was funny how he sucked up to that boy.. ROFL. In the beginning of the episode Joey bought that yellow truck.. Yuck. :) I liked his car better. I see they still have that song in the beginning of the show. Wish they would get rid of it.. Hope the ratings go up!

savy333
09-30-2005, 04:12 PM
(About Kevin Bacon)
"We had sex on a boat. ONE!"

I loved that part!!! Bobbie is crazy!!!! She is so funny!!!!

ekkostar
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
:) John Larroquette
was great!!! Love him! He still looks hot!

Agreed! :lol:

sonyab
09-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Agreed! :lol:

hehehe what's so funny? were you being sarcastic? :)

savy333
10-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Other than the actual "spanking" scene itself, this very well might be my favorite episode of the series. Lots of good scenes without Joey for a change.

You didn't like the spanking scene? I thought it was hysterical! That little guy was squirming around- it was really funny. Maybe if Joey actually hit him hard then it wouldn't be funny, but he barely even touched him. I thought it was comic gold. But then again, maybe I'm easily entertained.

Brian Damage
10-01-2005, 04:15 PM
I found it to be funny myself.

An 80s Guy
10-01-2005, 04:28 PM
the episode was hillarious i thought it was so funny

slackermonkey
10-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Joey's storyline wasn't bad in theory, but poor in execution. John Larroquette was often embarrassing to watch, and the spanking scene was sort of awkward. However, I thought the kid did a good job (he was supposed to be annoying, folks) and MLB gave a surprisingly strong performance compared to previous episodes, much closer in spirit to his work on "Friends."

I enjoyed the Gina/Alex story more, and was pleased that they found a way to integrate Gina's new job - the audition aspect made a somewhat cliched plot much more interesting. Even better that they were able to involve Bobbie on some level. Believe it or not, this was the first time Alex and Bobbie have shared scenes.

Disappointed that Michael was once again so underwritten, and even more disappointed that Zach was set up last week to play a major part in the new season, only to do nothing more in this episode than provide crafts and services on Joey's set. Still, his character does manage to fill some kind of void in tone/dynamic that the show was missing last year.