PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the ratings week 1 season 2

Brian Damage
09-23-2005, 02:36 PM
"Survivor: Guatemala," 10.2/16, easily won the 8 p.m. hour for CBS. A repeat of "Dancing with the Stars: Dance-off" put ABC in second with a 5.7/9, just ahead of the hour-long premiere of "Joey," 5.6/9, on NBC. "Everybody Hates Chris" posted a 4.6/7 for UPN (and virtually tied "Joey" in total viewers), but its lead-out, "Love, Inc.," dropped to 2.9/5, giving UPN a 3.8/6 for the hour and fifth place behind FOX and "The O.C." The WB repeated last season's "Smallville" finale.

TVFactFan
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
"Survivor: Guatemala," 10.2/16, easily won the 8 p.m. hour for CBS. A repeat of "Dancing with the Stars: Dance-off" put ABC in second with a 5.7/9, just ahead of the hour-long premiere of "Joey," 5.6/9, on NBC. "Everybody Hates Chris" posted a 4.6/7 for UPN (and virtually tied "Joey" in total viewers), but its lead-out, "Love, Inc.," dropped to 2.9/5, giving UPN a 3.8/6 for the hour and fifth place behind FOX and "The O.C." The WB repeated last season's "Smallville" finale.

Anytime Joey is tied with a UPN sitcom, that tells me everything I already know, that this is Joey's last season-lol

Brian Damage
09-23-2005, 02:52 PM
We shall see.

db108108
09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Now taking bets- when will Joey be cancelled? If "My Name Is Earl" hold up in week 2, it might be gone quicker than you think. "Chris" actually beat "Joey" in viewers, 7.58 million to 7.57 as well as in adults, 3.2 to 3.0 rating.

TVFactFan
09-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Now taking bets- when will Joey be cancelled? If "My Name Is Earl" hold up in week 2, it might be gone quicker than you think. "Chris" actually beat "Joey" in viewers, 7.58 million to 7.57 as well as in adults, 3.2 to 3.0 rating.

a UPN show is never supposed to have more viewers than a NBC show-lol Joey is as good as gone.

Johnny S
09-23-2005, 06:41 PM
a UPN show is never supposed to have more viewers than a NBC show-lol Joey is as good as gone.

NBC wont cancell it at least until this seasons done. "Joey" will do better in ratings in the future because of "Will & Grace" being after it.

TVFactFan
09-23-2005, 06:56 PM
NBC wont cancell it at least until this seasons done. "Joey" will do better in ratings in the future because of "Will & Grace" being after it.

How can a show benefit from a TV show that comes on AFTER that show go off? I can see if you said if Will and Grace aired BEFORE Joey but the fact that it's after show mean didley poo-lol

Brian Damage
09-23-2005, 07:01 PM

EveryBody Hates Chris is not your average UPN sitcom. It's not like One on One or Girlfriends. Because it has Chris Rock involved, it has more universal appeal. We'll see how both shows hold up in the long run.

TVFactFan
09-23-2005, 07:12 PM
EveryBody Hates Chris is not your average UPN sitcom. It's not like One on One or Girlfriends. Because it has Chris Rock involved, it has more universal appeal. We'll see how both shows hold up in the long run.

Well I watched EHC and it gives off a Ghetto Vibe just like most of the UPN shows. Love,INC wasn't Ghetto, which aired on UPN after EHC

savy333
09-23-2005, 07:23 PM
You guys- it is not definate that Joey is getting canceled. NBC has horrible ratings all across the board recently. Other then for a few shows, like ER, its ratings have sucked. It is not a good idea for NBC to just dump Joey, because whatever they replace it with will most likely have even worse ratings. I will bet any of you that My Name is Earl has horrible ratings in less then a month flat. NBC would be stupid to get rid of Joey because, quite frankly, they have nothing better to put on the air. Their ratings would just go down the toilet even further.

TVFactFan
09-23-2005, 07:29 PM
You guys- it is not definate that Joey is getting canceled. NBC has horrible ratings all across the board recently. Other then for a few shows, like ER, its ratings have sucked. It is not a good idea for NBC to just dump Joey, because whatever they replace it with will most likely have even worse ratings. I will bet any of you that My Name is Earl has horrible ratings in less then a month flat. NBC would be stupid to get rid of Joey because, quite frankly, they have nothing better to put on the air. Their ratings would just go down the toilet even further.

We are not saying that NBC will cancel Joey Now, we are just saying that it's a very strong possiblity that Joey will not have a 3rd season

Brian Damage
09-23-2005, 07:35 PM
EHC might have a ghetto vibe, but Chris Rock gives it more universal appeal to a broader audience. We'll see how both shows do in its second week.

savy333
09-23-2005, 07:46 PM
We are not saying that NBC will cancel Joey Now, we are just saying that it's a very strong possiblity that Joey will not have a 3rd season
Well, I just hope NBC isn't stupid enough to cancel it. It has fairly good ratings compared to other NBC shows. I guess what I'm saying is that until NBC has a bunch of great new shows with excellent ratings that are far better then what Joey is getting, then they would be foolish to cancel it.

I mean, look at the Martha Stewart Apprentice. That shows ratings were way worse then Joey, so I would guess that show would get the axe way before Joey would.

And, I think they would probably move the show to Tuesdays before giving it the final boot.

I just wish that I was in charge of NBC programing. Who ever is in charge now needs to be fired because clearly they are doing something wrong. I just don't understand how a network could go from number one to last place just because one show (Friends) ended.

Johnny S
09-23-2005, 09:36 PM
How can a show benefit from a TV show that comes on AFTER that show go off? I can see if you said if Will and Grace aired BEFORE Joey but the fact that it's after show mean didley poo-lol

Because maybe somtimes people tune in early, and then realize that "Joey" is a great show so then the start watching it every week.

db108108
09-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Because maybe somtimes people tune in early, and then realize that "Joey" is a great show so then the start watching it every week.

That's the problem- it's really hard for a show like "Joey" to make a comeback. Why? People already know it's on (alot sampled it last year when it premiered). It's not like people don't know it's on, it's that they've already decided they're not going to watch it. It's very rare that a show in this position comes back.

About the ratings, even compared to NBC on the whole, they're terrible. There's no justifying them at all. NBC's gone from a position of total dominance on Thursdays to having it being they're fourth lowest rated night (that's right, Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday all drew better ratings than Thursday so far this week). NBC is going to have to dramatically remake this night, and soon.

Brian Damage
09-25-2005, 02:33 PM
That's the problem- it's really hard for a show like "Joey" to make a comeback. Why? People already know it's on (alot sampled it last year when it premiered). It's not like people don't know it's on, it's that they've already decided they're not going to watch it. It's very rare that a show in this position comes back.

About the ratings, even compared to NBC on the whole, they're terrible. There's no justifying them at all. NBC's gone from a position of total dominance on Thursdays to having it being they're fourth lowest rated night (that's right, Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday all drew better ratings than Thursday so far this week). NBC is going to have to dramatically remake this night, and soon.

Well, to alter the Thursday night lineup now is utterly ridiculous. NBC have what they have and now have to hope for the best. NBC has no one to blame for themselves for this fall from grace.

Joeylova87
09-26-2005, 09:31 AM
NBC shouldn't have cancelled Friends because it's all going downhill from here.

TJL
09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
While I don't think NBC will cancel the show next week if the ratings don't improve, I can't see "Joey" making it to a third season if things continue to slide.

TVFactFan
09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
NBC shouldn't have cancelled Friends because it's all going downhill from here.

NBC never cancelled Friends-LOL Friends had a finale, did you forget????????????

Stuck In The '70's
09-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I never watch UPN sitcoms but I gave EHC a try and I actually liked it and I'm not even a Chris Rock fan.

Rachel3118
10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Joey's ratings weren't that bad. Just because the UPN show is doing really good doesn't mean Joey wasn't better then alot of things. What gets me is a repeat of dancing with the stars did really good.

I don't see them cancelling in the middle of the season. Do they really have anything better to put on.