PDA

View Full Version : One thing I really wish they held back on...

Brian Damage
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
...Joey becoming a big star. I would've liked to see Joey continue to struggle a little before making it big. I always enjoyed Joey going to auditions and getting screwed out of jobs. I would much rather preferred to see his success be little more gradual.

TVFactFan
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
...Joey becoming a big star. I would've liked to see Joey continue to struggle a little before making it big. I always enjoyed Joey going to auditions and getting screwed out of jobs. I would much rather preferred to see his success be little more gradual.

This is defintely a Do or Die season for Joey

Brian Damage
08-29-2005, 11:57 AM
This is defintely a Do or Die season for Joey

I agree, from what I've read though, it sounds really good.

adisodes106
08-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I saw NBC advertise this like Joey was becoming a movie star. But I'm not sure, from the audition Joey messed up on where he was confused, it seems like a kids movie...or like a soccer mom thing. So I don't know but usually those types of movies don't make it big. So maybe the film is gonna get hyped and everything because it's a Jerry Bruckheimer picture...and then it will flop. It would give Joey some success and then just throw him back again. I mean, he is an actor. What you think?

TJL
08-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Sorry if this is off topic, but didn't Joey make his big feature film debut with special guest star Gary Oldham during one of the final seasons of "Friends?"
I guess that big blockbuster never got released.

adisodes106
08-30-2005, 01:41 AM
It did because near the end of season eight, Joey took Chandler to the premiere of the movie. Chandler fell asleep and Joey got angry with him. I believe it was The One Where Rachel is Late but I'm not completely sure.

tiff7
08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes, that was from "The One Where Rachel's Late", the epside is pretty hysterical. Especially when Ross faints & hits his head :))

Tiff7
http://www.freewebs.com/tiff_lisatony7/

slackermonkey
08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
This isn't about him making his film debut, but about him becoming a big movie star.

And no, the kid movie isn't what launches his movie career.

Rachel3118
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I agree that it should be a more gradual process and that he should only start to be a star in the end of the show (We don't know though, the show could come to an end after this season, because of ratings.). Watching him struggle in acting is more fun.

savy333
09-10-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm nervous that this season may blow up in their faces. I really want this show to survive because it gives me a weekly dose of Jennnifer Coolidge (Bobbie, who is my favorite comedian!). So, I certainly hope Joey can find its audience this season.

I actually thought the show was hysterical last season, and I don't understand why the ratings were poor, but whatever... The only thing that sucked about last season was that Jennifer Coolidge was only in one scene an episode! That sucked.

Rachel3118
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I never got why the ratings were so poor either. I'm afraid everyone will be expecting it to be alot better and will be disapointed no matter what they see.