PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why the new cast members hasn't been announced yet?

Brian Damage
08-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Tapings start in about a week or so and there hasn't been word on who the new castmate will be.

barwars
08-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Funny you say that....

'Joey' Gets a New Friend
(Friday, August 12 03:12 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Chandler and the old gang won't be around anytime soon, but NBC's "Joey" has found a new friend.

Miguel A. Nunez Jr. is joining the cast of the second-year comedy in the fall, producer Warner Bros. TV confirms. The former "Tarzan" and "Juwanna Mann" star will be playing Zach, a fellow actor who becomes a friend and foil for Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc).

NBC chief Kevin Reilly and the show's producers have previously said they wanted to open up "Joey's" world a little bit this year, after spending much of last season in Joey's apartment. The Zach character should allow for that, as will the fact that Joey finds some success in Hollywood and can afford to buy a house.

Additionally, Jennifer Coolidge, who play's Joey's agent, Bobbie, has been made a cast regular and will appear in every episode.

Nunez co-starred in The WB's "Tarzan" two seasons ago, playing Detective Sam Sullivan. His other credits also include "The Adventures of Pluto Nash," "Scooby-Doo" and "A Thin Line Between Love and Hate." On TV, he's appeared in the late-1980s series "Tour of Duty" and done guest spots on "Boomtown," "The Bernie Mac Show" and "The Hughleys."

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|96917|1|,00.html

barwars
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Joey buying a house means leaving the apartment building, which means less time with Alex. Unless Michael lives there alone. Or Alex could possibly be selling the place as well.

slackermonkey
08-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Miguel A. Nunez Jr. as Zach is the only cast addition this season. Unless you count finally upgrading Jennifer Coolidge as Bobbie to full-time cast member.

As for the other characters, here's what I know about what's coming this season:

- Joey will leave "Deep Powder" (presumably from his character getting killed off), but will land a role in a major motion picture and finally become famous, leaving the apartment and buying a house. This season will focus on how Joey's success affects his new lifestyle and his relationships with the other characters.

- Gina will go work for Bobbie. The writers have stated they have plans to give Gina story arcs this season (she was the most underused character last season), but no hints as to what they might involve. Possibly a long-term love interest?

- With Joey getting a house, Michael will leave the apartment as well and get a place of his own. The writers mention such possible storylines for Michael as meeting his father and him finally losing his virginity.

No word on what Alex will be up to, which is kind of discouraging to me. I doubt she's leaving the show, since she was involved in the cliffhanger and there's been no announcement of her departure. I'm sure they're keeping hush-hush on Alex so as to keep the resolution of the Joey/Alex kiss a secret.

Brian Damage
08-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Unless this "new" character moves in with Michael.

Brian Damage
08-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Miguel A. Nunez Jr. as Zach is the only cast addition this season. Unless you count finally upgrading Jennifer Coolidge as Bobbie to full-time cast member.

As for the other characters, here's what I know about what's coming this season:

- Joey will leave "Deep Powder" (presumably from his character getting killed off), but will land a role in a major motion picture and finally become famous, leaving the apartment and buying a house. This season will focus on how Joey's success affects his new lifestyle and his relationships with the other characters.

- Gina will go work for Bobbie. The writers have stated they have plans to give Gina story arcs this season (she was the most underused character last season), but no hints as to what they might involve. Possibly a long-term love interest?

- With Joey getting a house, Michael will leave the apartment as well and get a place of his own. The writers mention such possible storylines for Michael as meeting his father and him finally losing his virginity.

No word on what Alex will be up to, which is kind of discouraging to me. I doubt she's leaving the show, since she was involved in the cliffhanger and there's been no announcement of her departure. I'm sure they're keeping hush-hush on Alex so as to keep the resolution of the Joey/Alex kiss a secret.

All of that sounds great. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Alex. She really didn't develop all that much on the show. She had some sparks, but nothing outstanding.

DukeDevils9192
08-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Cutting Alex would be an absolutely terrible idea. She was a lot of fun when she had the right material. I really, really enjoyed her arc at the end of the season and though I'm against the Joey/Alex pairing for the time being, I'm for Alex sticking around.

It'd be nice if they keep Alex in the apartment complex to keep it as a set.

Rachel3118
08-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Well it's disapointing that the friends charactors won't be on but having a new charactor would be good. It's good that Joey's agent is getting a better role because people like her. I hope they keep Alex involve, I liked her.

TJL
08-14-2005, 08:17 PM
It's good that Joey's agent is getting a better role because people like her. I hope they keep Alex involve, I liked her.

:yeahthat

barwars
08-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Stifler's mom just isn't funny. I'm disappointed she's staying around.