PDA

View Full Version : LeBlanc Speaks Out...

DukeDevils9192
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM
From IMDB.com

Matt LeBlanc promises the second season of his Friends spin-off show Joey will be much better than the first. The show got off to a lukewarm start, failing to overwhelm critics and viewers - but LeBlanc insists it will get better. He says, "The motto around here is that the new Joey is going to be bigger, faster and funnier, and I'm really excited about the new series." LeBlanc also asks fans not to compare early episodes of Joey to the final Friends shows. He adds, "You just can't compare the last season of Friends with the first season of Joey. You have to compare like with like, and so compare the first season of Friends with the first season of Joey. You then have two shows where the cast and crew gel and evolve and the show gets better and better."

A lot of hype seems to be coming out about this season. I hope it can hold up.

TJL
08-12-2005, 05:28 PM
From IMDB.com

A lot of hype seems to be coming out about this season. I hope it can hold up.

They're really trying to change things around on that show.

I don't think things are going to go well.

USTVFanFromUK
08-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I'll be very surprised if NBC renews this shot for a 3rd season. I doubt the ratings will increase significantly next season.

And to compare the first season of Friends with Joey should be against the law. The first season of Friends was probably the best season of the entire series, Joey on the other hand is a whole other story.

Pus$y Galore
08-12-2005, 05:31 PM
They're really trying to change things around on that show.

Hate to say it, but they really do need to do something - anything. The characters just don't "click" like they did on Friends or even other sitcoms (since I've tried NOT to compare it to friends).

At least its lasting longer than any of the Seinfeld alumni's shows.

TJL
08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Hate to say it, but they really do need to do something - anything. The characters just don't "click" like they did on Friends or even other sitcoms (since I've tried NOT to compare it to friends).

I'm probably in the monority here, but I enjoyed Joey's first season. I'm not saying there's room for improvement, but they put together a decent ensemble cast for the first season - and I'm glad they finally gave Bobby more to do - but I feel that too many changes and "new characters" are going to screw things up.

Pus$y Galore
08-12-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm probably in the monority here, but I enjoyed Joey's first season. I'm not saying there's room for improvement, but they put together a decent ensemble cast for the first season - and I'm glad they finally gave Bobby more to do - but I feel that too many changes and "new characters" are going to screw things up.

Yah, it wasn't bad, but there was just small spark missing - I'm definitely willing to give it another season. I agree - I like Bobby in it more. I hear they're to have Drea become her assistant or something - that could get funny. And yah, they don't want to overdo it on new characters and all - look what ended up happening to Spin City.

Rachel3118
08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Maybe it will be alot better then the first season but now people will probably hear how it's supposed to be better and they will expected it to be better then it is.

I didn't think the Joey show was that bad. It wasn't really good either but it was really funny at times.

Brian Damage
08-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I am pumped for this season after slackermonkey gave me the run down. The show did show signs of true promise by the end of the season.

DukeDevils9192
08-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah, the show had a lot of unfulfilled potential.

I think that the worst thing the show did last season was only keep Matt out of a handful of scenes. There was no reason he needed to be in every shot. I know the show is called Joey, but that doesn't matter. I love Matt and the character, but there were some terrific moments with Michael, Gina, and Alex (not all together) that would have been better without a forced, horrible line from Joey that had to be written because he was in the room.

I'm not sure how much I like a retooling of the show since I don't believe that was the problem. I don't think the writers made the characters work. I think the actors made the characters work, but they needed good material.

Oh well, we'll see.

slackermonkey
08-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, it's a pretty minor retooling. It could have been worse, dumping characters, changing the focus of the show or even relocating Joey elsewhere.

I really do have high hopes for this season. The producers seem to be addressing pretty much every complaint we've had about season one, from the unpolished scripts to the claustrophobic apartment scenes to the larger focus on supporting characters.