PDA

View Full Version : What happen the Mary Ellen Rodgers.

jhall
08-03-2005, 07:25 PM
What happened to the younge lady who played Marry Ellen Rodgers?
thanks, J

Zions Mother
08-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I can't even find any information as to whether she's dead or alive. :confused:

JudgeGarth
08-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Pamela Beaird was the actress' name. She appeared in an ep of "New Leave It to Beaver" as a different character.

Zions Mother
08-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Pamela Beaird was the actress' name. She appeared in an ep of "New Leave It to Beaver" as a different character.

I guess I should have been more clear. I knew her character name was Mary Ellen Rogers.

There is no current information regarding Pamela Beird that I could find whether dead or alive.

tdr
09-16-2005, 12:29 AM

I saw a lot of the NLITB episodes, but not all of them. What type of character did she play, and was there any double-speak alluding to the old role she played ?

Accoridng to imdb.com, her last movie/TV credit was a [i]Perry Mason episode in 1964.

howilu
09-16-2005, 10:23 AM
According to imdb.com, she also went by the name Pamela Baird and hasn't appeared in anything since 1964. She actually made only four appearances as Mary Ellen Rogers. She also played Myra in the episode "Wally's Orchid." Maybe she quit show business, got married and raised a family.

JudgeGarth
09-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I saw a lot of the NLITB episodes, but not all of them. What type of character did she play, and was there any double-speak alluding to the old role she played

I don't remember it too well. I think it might have been some kind of class reunion episode. She was on the reunion committee and was somewhat of a busybody. It might have been the one that had Julie Foster in it.

HaskellGirl
09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't remember it too well. I think it might have been some kind of class reunion episode. She was on the reunion committee and was somewhat of a busybody. It might have been the one that had Julie Foster in it.

Yes, this was the episode. But Julie Foster was the one on the reunion committe and the busybody. She kept hitting on Wally and Mary Ellen, who was Wally's wife (and now played by Janice Kent) kept getting angry at Julie. So there was this feud going on between Mary Ellen and Julie Foster.

At the reunion, after this feud has gone on, Pamela Beird sees Wally and runs up to him and kisses him. So Mary Ellen gets mad again. :lol: Its pretty funny, although unless people knew that was Pamela Beird, they wouldn't have gotten the "inside joke". It would just be another classmate that had a crush on Wally.

By the way, that episode made it seem like Wally and Julie Foster's relationship was much more physical than it was ever shown on the classic LITB. I guess since it was the 80s, it could be more risque.;)

JudgeGarth
09-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I like the way they brought back old characters and/or actors in NLITB. The one with Judy Hensler was a real hoot! I guess the only former regular (who was still living) we never saw again was Gilbert.

BeavFan1
09-20-2006, 03:53 AM
I too have searched the net to find Pamela Baird. She was cast in the role of the "Cool Girl" and Wally's girl friend. Her last show business credit is in 1964 a year after Beaver ended. Then nothing since. This is not so unusual for child stars who often go on to normal lives after a few short years in show business. But she's likely still with us. If she's the same approximate age as Tony Dow, she'll be in her early 60's. If any of you are going to the dinner with Gerry Mathers on Sept 23, 2006, maybe you could ask him. But he was still very young when the show was being filmed. He may have no idea. But... you never know... Tony, Gerry or others may have kept some casual contact. LET'S FIND OUT!!

coolfocus
01-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Recently, I got the LITB DVDs and out of all of Wally's girlfriends, she was the best cast for the part, IMHO. She delivered her lines in a very sweet and loving manner. She was Proper, Pleasant, Sweet and Beautiful. A dream girl of that period, when girls didn't need to have their boobs hanging out to be noticed.

I was so impressed with her looks and performance in the shows she appeared in--"My Brother's Girl" (first season) and "Dance Contest" (second)--that I got a snapshot of one of her scenes and have it as a wallpaper on my desktop.

I too have scavenged the internet looking for info on Pamela, but nothing seems to be available anywhere. It looks like she disappeared into thin air.

I hope she left show business to marry, have a family, a career and live a happy, peaceful life, and didn't get caught in the free sex-drug turbulent scene of the 60s and 70s, like Stanley Fafara.

I'd love to find out what ever happened to her. If someone here finds out or comes up with a good link, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

coolfocus@yahoo.com

JudgeGarth
01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I didn't think she was all that beautiful, but she was a pretty good actress.

Wasn't her last appearance on LITB the one from early in the fifth season, where Wally was the soda jerk and Eddie and Lumpy had him deliver ice cream to the girls' slumber party? I think she was one of the girls in the soda shop admiring Wally, although they might not have called her by name.

coolfocus
01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey Judge, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

As I see it, her whole persona exuded a beauty much different from that of today's young beauties. It was sorta clean, wholesome and even somewhat spiritual. A far cry from what you see today.

The show's writers must've picked that on her, and wrote the proper lines that fitted her personality. That's why she played the part so well.

Back when LITB was airing, I didn't watch much of it. I was more into action episodes like Maverick, Mike Hammer, Tightrope, etc., so I don't remember watching the particular episode you mentioned. It wasn't until recently that I got the DVDs of the first two seasons and watched them, that I saw Pamela for the first time.

Tell ya what, none of today's young hotties can tie Pamela's shoes, IMHO, regardless of what anyone says.

I kinda wish they would release all of the rest of the seasons, so I can see how she evolved in the series. Unfortunately, she only appeared in six episodes of the whole LITB run. I think the producers may have missed a good opportunity with her.