PDA

View Full Version : Move over Michael, Joey to get new roomate!

Brian Damage
07-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/24/AR2005072401252.html?sub=new)

The Matt LeBlanc vehicle "Joey" will undergo substantial changes this season, Reilly told critics. The lead character will finally make it in Hollywood, and Drea de Matteo, who plays Joey's sister in the series, will go to work for Joey's agent, played by Jennifer Coolidge.

And, most important, Joey's dweeby nephew is moving out of the apartment and Joey is getting a new fellow-actor pal. Reilly said he'd heard plans for the first few episodes of the "Friends" spinoff's second season and wished the first season's episodes had been as good.

WilCap
07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I have a good feeling Joey will turn around some this year, but it's gonna be hard to get the ratings

TJL
07-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Any chances of them getting Lucy Liu back on a full time basis?

Rachel3118
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Did you guys like Micheal? I think he was an ok charactor. He was a contrast to Joey which was good but I won't really miss him.

Hopefully Joey will get better this year.

barwars
07-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Did you guys like Micheal? I think he was an ok charactor. He was a contrast to Joey which was good but I won't really miss him.

Hopefully Joey will get better this year.

Michael's just moving out of the apartment, I think he's staying on the series.

Rachel3118
08-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Oh sorry about that. I thought that when it said he was moving out of Joey's apartment that he was leaving the show. I don't know why I came to that conclusion.

DukeDevils9192
08-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Michael better stay on the series. There are a lot of wonderful things that character can do if they'd just give him a little freedom.

Maybe putting Michael outside of the apartment will allow him the chance to have his own storylines. He deserves it, for sure.

Pus$y Galore
08-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Sounds interesting!! (And not surprising). I had the feeling they'd be retooling this show somehow and it does sound like what I was thinking. With all due respect to Michael (I gotta like him - he's from my hometown), he wasn't the strongest character for Joey to play off of. I didn't want him off the show, but not in the role his was in as a roommate. I think this should give the writers more room to play with.

Looking forward to seeing where they take it now. :)

seven_to_shea
08-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Michael was a one note character, and the show would be better without him. His story revolved around being bad with women in EVERY episode. His relationship with his 'mother' was really a Freudian nightmare. Hopefully this is a sign they are reducing his character's screen time, maybe even phasing him out.

Rachel3118
08-04-2005, 07:55 PM
The change may be what they need to improve the show. It sounds promising that the producers thought it was alot better then the first season.

slackermonkey
08-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Michael isn't going anywhere. He's just getting his own apartment. Whether he's just getting an apartment in the building (not likely) or another place elsewhere is unknown.

To be honest, I enjoyed Michael's Oedipal relationship with Gina, which was about the only aspect of the character I found funny. I thought it was a unique dynamic that made sense for the two. I didn't feel it was creepy or forced down my throat like most everyone else did.

Joeylova87
08-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Joey needs to have someone who is funny.

Rachel3118
08-17-2005, 02:16 PM
They need someone who is funny and who has good chemistry with Joey. I also don't want a charactor who's totally unrealistic.