PDA

View Full Version : Was Joey nominated for any emmys?

Brian Damage
07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
For some reason, I've been searching the net for it and couldn't find any info.

Pus$y Galore
07-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't think it did Brian. Pav posted the full listing and it wasn't on it. Nor should it be. I like Matt LeBlanc, and do try to catch the show, but it still isn't even close to the quality of Friends.

Brian Damage
07-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I'll agree that this wasn't a strong season creatively for the show, I was just curious if it got any regardless.

Pus$y Galore
07-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I don't think it did. I'm still holding out hope for it. It seemed to get a little better near the end of the season.

I believe if they can get some of his "friends" to visit - Ross maybe in town for a dinosaur conference, or Chandler and Monica with the kids I think it would help.

Brian Damage
07-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Ross maybe in town for a dinosaur conference

For some reason, that made me laugh out loud. :rofl:

Pus$y Galore
07-21-2005, 11:45 AM
For some reason, that made me laugh out loud. :rofl:

:lol: There's a GOOD TIME eh?!!

Now that I think of it, the only Dinosaur Conference L.A. has ever hosted was the TVLand Awards!! :rofl:

spunkygirl
07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I don't think it did. I'm still holding out hope for it. It seemed to get a little better near the end of the season.

I believe if they can get some of his "friends" to visit - Ross maybe in town for a dinosaur conference, or Chandler and Monica with the kids I think it would help.

LMAO at Dinosaur reference :rofl:

I would love some of the friends to visit but IMO I don't think they should rely on guest stars too much. Otherwise it's gonna become like Will and Grace did, be more about the guest stars than the show it's self :(

Pus$y Galore
07-21-2005, 12:28 PM
LMAO at Dinosaur reference :rofl:

I would love some of the friends to visit but IMO I don't think they should rely on guest stars too much. Otherwise it's gonna become like Will and Grace did, be more about the guest stars than the show it's self :(

I know what you mean. Also, just to have them show up on a few eps doesn't mean its going to make the rest of the show successful - the ratings might spike whenever a "friend" appears, but then drop again during a regular airing. Unless they figure something out though, I honestly don't think Joey's going to make it past season two. I like Drea, but I think they had almost too much of her in it at the beginning and the fake boobs jokes got stale pretty quickly. I noticed they backed off her a bit more towards the end of the season, which is good -otherwise she could have ended up like she did on The Sopranos!! :lol:

barwars
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I liked the first season of the show, but honestly believe it didn't deserve any sort of Emmy award.

Hopefully the second season will improve, and chances for being nominated will be higher with Everybody Loves Raymond out of the picture.

Anyways, a guest appearance from a friend makes sense at this point in the series. For them to be so close for so long, and then not see each other for a year is a little far fetched.

Pus$y Galore
07-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I liked the first season of the show, but honestly believe it didn't deserve any sort of Emmy award.

Hopefully the second season will improve, and chances for being nominated will be higher with Everybody Loves Raymond out of the picture.

Anyways, a guest appearance from a friend makes sense at this point in the series. For them to be so close for so long, and then not see each other for a year is a little far fetched.

I agree - or even a mention or phone call would be nice. Even Joey getting some pics on email from Chandler and Monica of the kids would be a normal thing. If anything, they seemed to drop any mention of them and with Joey SO upset at the end of Friends it just doesn't make sense not to mention them.

savy333
08-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I think Jennifer Coolidge deserved a "Best Supporting Actress in a comedy series" award. She always has me rolling on the floor with her scenes, even if the writing isn't that funny, she makes it hysterical! I'm actually suprised she didn't get a supporting actress nomination...

seven_to_shea
08-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I think Jennifer Coolidge deserved a "Best Supporting Actress in a comedy series" award. She always has me rolling on the floor with her scenes, even if the writing isn't that funny, she makes it hysterical! I'm actually suprised she didn't get a supporting actress nomination...

I'm not surprised she didn't get one because everyone thinks this show sucks...even though it can be pretty good...but Coolidge is the only one I'd say was worthy.

Stuck In The '70's
08-03-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm not surprised she didn't get one because everyone thinks this show sucks...even though it can be pretty good...but Coolidge is the only one I'd say was worthy.
And Joey was the most watched new sitcom of last seaason too.

Joeylova87
08-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Well, Joey is not the same like Friends.

Rachel3118
08-14-2005, 07:54 PM
I didn't expect it to get any since most people don't like it and the show wasn't special.

I think most people watched it not because it was good but because it related to friends.

slackermonkey
08-15-2005, 01:28 AM
No Emmys this season for Joey, but I'm hoping to see some nominations next year, because so far what I've heard of season two sounds fantastic.