PDA

View Full Version : Season 2

slackermonkey
05-17-2005, 03:41 AM
So who's psyched about the next season? I can guarantee it's going to blow season one out of the water in terms of quality. The last few episodes of the season give a good indication of how much of an improvement you can expect next year to be.

Also, I've got some tidbits on what's planned:
Next season will explore the highs and lows of fame, and how it affects Joey's relationships with friends and family.
Sara will return. Whether it's just for the season premiere or for another multi-episode arc, I'm not sure.
Gina, who was drastically underused in season one, will get more attention next season, with some story arcs of her own and her backstory filled out more. She will also be working for Bobbie.
Speaking of Bobbie, she will be given a larger role as a second female foil for Joey, and Gina's new boss. The producers also plan to integrate her into the main cast more, instead of restricting her interaction to just Joey (and occasionally Michael).
The producers hope to have more regular recurring characters (like Janice or Gunther on "Friends") and want to recapture that magic with characters like Mary Teresa or Lauren. There are plans for Joey's nemesis, Brian Michael, to return.
Two major episode ideas planned for Michael: one about his biological father, and possibly a sweeps episode about him finally losing his virginity.
More emphasis will be placed on the relationship between Joey and Michael. Joey will evolve into more of a surrogate father figure for Michael.

Brian Damage
05-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Welcome back slacker, I thought you left. You are a great poster and I'm glad that you are back. Season 2 does seem to have great potential. Those story arcs sound really good. I really do want the writers to explore Joey's family life a little deeper. With all those sisters that he has, there is ALOT to explore. I'd love to see his parents make an appearance.

barwars
05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Sounds like a much needed improvement!!

Joker85
05-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I also feel Season Two, maybe towards the end in Feb. or May, is the perfect time to have a guest spot from Friends. And it doesn't even need to be one of the Friends. Frankly, I think one of the best choices would be Janice. She isn't as high profile as the other 5 but still would be a great guest star, and she and Joey always had such funny scenes together, that love/hate sort of thing.

slackermonkey
05-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that they'll be looking at possible "Friends" guest appearances next season, but it won't happen until either February or May sweeps, similar to "Frasier."

tiff7
05-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm lookin' forward 2 season dos & 2 the "Friends" gang appearing on "Joey"! Have a gr8 weekend y'all! :)

Tiff7